British man allegedly assaulted with a dumbbell by unidentified foreigner at Pattaya gym following verbal argument over gym equipment

webfact

Just now, Ralf001 said:

Despise with a passion people seeking financial assistance from the public because they do not have adequate insurance in place to cover.

the guy who did it should be paying don't you think?

I'm not a fan of gofundme, he should just get a lawyer, maybe they already know the guy is basically broke

8 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:

the guy who did it should be paying don't you think?

I'm not a fan of gofundme, he should just get a lawyer, maybe they already know the guy is basically broke

This lad should have insurance to fix the injuries.

Just now, scubascuba3 said:

Come on you've got to give Bryan Flowers \ Pattaya News credit for getting the story out there, without them it would probably be ignored

The story has gone global because of a firm called Viral Media according to the victim.

If that is a Bryan Flowers company, then well done to him. If it isn't, then a big commercial opportunity has been missed.

Not sure how much credit a news company is due for actually reporting news. It is their bread and butter after all.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, champers said:

He let it lapse. He stayed longer than he originally intended after meeting a Thai lady and falling in love with her. They both intend to return to England, so he will have a visa to pay for plus all his ongoing living expenses here till the court case and his medical treatments are over and done with.

A couple of bar owners are using him to publicise their "brands" and burnish their reputations. His story is going viral on a global scale and a whole new barrage of problems could be coming his way as he is "steered" through the process.

I wish him well and if people want to pay into his GoFundMe account, it is up to them how they spend their own money.

One thing is for sure for me. I would not want to swap places with him.

hahaha.... sucks to be him !!

Loser gofundme leech.

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1

On 5/20/2022 at 5:20 AM, scubascuba3 said:

The victim should be going for big compensation, don't allow police to be judge and jury, get a lawyer involved, 1m baht minimum

What makes you think the offender has the capacity to pay?

3 minutes ago, Leaver said:

if he wants to stay in Thailand and avoid a jail term he'll need to find the money, but I suspect they know it will take time to get the money and they need it now for the expensive ops required. Should be attempted murder charge

15 hours ago, scubascuba3 said:

Come on you've got to give Bryan Flowers \ Pattaya News credit for getting the story out there, without them it would probably be ignored

From what I saw of his input and efforts I find it commendable. 

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, bobbin said:

Hmmm.. well Ralf, i have to say you don't seem to have much empathy for someone attacked with a "weapon" capable of smashing their skull, not to mention the attack occurred while they were unable to defend themselves..

Didn't your mother ever teach that if you have nothing good to say about someone, that it's best to say nothing at all?

Perhaps he has empathy bypass done

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bobbin said:

Hmmm.. well Ralf, i have to say you don't seem to have much empathy for someone attacked with a "weapon" capable of smashing their skull, not to mention the attack occurred while they were unable to defend themselves..

Didn't your mother ever teach that if you have nothing good to say about someone, that it's best to say nothing at all?

My mother taught me to have insurance !!

• Haha 2

5 hours ago, bobbin said:

It is a pretty sounding phrase but sounds like a way to cover up evil deeds.

On 5/21/2022 at 6:00 PM, Leaver said:

If his choice is pay or go to a Thai prison for 10 years I think the guy will be finding the money.

Bryan Flowers saying he has sold his house before coming to live here and suggesting he is working in a boiler room operation, so he will find the cash required IMO.

• Like 1

On 5/21/2022 at 3:27 PM, Jaybott said:

I will never contribute to a GoFundMe again 

Ha, ha GoFundMe.

The local radio station here in Pattaya had a 'gogetfunding' page during covid, the page read 'radio in crisis', received 100,000 baht. 

It went well for the owner because he had a trip (holiday) to the UK later in the year.

It can be looked at as begging, but the world is changing, no one seems to be proud anymore, just take the money and run.

Oh well, I'm probably just a complainer, complaining because I never had an all experses paid trip to the UK recently.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, champers said:

If his choice is pay or go to a Thai prison for 10 years I think the guy will be finding the money.

Bryan Flowers saying he has sold his house before coming to live here and suggesting he is working in a boiler room operation, so he will find the cash required IMO.

I'm not sure how accurate the information is from Bryan Flowers, but If this guy has some assets / cash, then he may chose to pay, rather than go to gaol. 

If he's come to Thailand and joined the Issan House Builders Club, and helped many sick buffalo, hence ended up broke and working in a boiler room, he may not have a choice, and will go to gaol, therefore, the victim receive no compensation. 

1 hour ago, Leaver said:

I'm not sure how accurate the information is from Bryan Flowers, but If this guy has some assets / cash, then he may chose to pay, rather than go to gaol. 

If he's come to Thailand and joined the Issan House Builders Club, and helped many sick buffalo, hence ended up broke and working in a boiler room, he may not have a choice, and will go to gaol, therefore, the victim receive no compensation. 

Apparently his Facebook account is the original source about his funds. I don't do Facebook so I cannot verify.

I don't know how the bottom wipe is still walking about. He should be locked up while it's decided how much he must pay. Once that bill has been paid his jail sentence can be decided. He shouldn't be allowed to negotiate anything

21 hours ago, The Hammer2021 said:

Still unidentified? His image is all over  the brutish press

He's been outed in the Brian Flowers interview, Brian even showed his driving license with his full name, driving license & passport number (Skip to around 39minutes & 40 seconds in if you don't want to watch the whole thing). 

Seems he's had a license since May 2017 so not exactly a newcomer. 

34 minutes ago, Mike Teavee said:

He's been outed in the Brian Flowers interview, Brian even showed his driving license with his full name, driving license & passport number (Skip to around 39minutes & 40 seconds in if you don't want to watch the whole thing). 

Seems he's had a license since May 2017 so not exactly a newcomer. 

In which case the victim knows too presumably-

8 hours ago, The Hammer2021 said:

In which case the victim knows too presumably-

Long story short, the attacker has been arrested & has met with the victim at the hospital where he has reportedly offered to pay up to 100,000 in medical costs which goes no where near what the guy needs (He has to have an operation to fix titanium plates inside his cheek to stop his eyeball sinking into his skull which will cost > 600,000 so looking more like 1,000,000 in medical costs). 

The next step was for all parties to meet at the police station to discuss it further but I haven't seen any reports of what happened there (If somebody has can they please share a link).  

As an aside, Brian Flowers (For those who don't know he's the co-owner of NightWish group which own approx. 25 bars on Soi 6, the Rage gym & Pattaya News) & wife have been helping the guy navigate his way through this so if anybody is interested in following the case it's likely that he'll post updates on his YouTube channel.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Mike Teavee said:

Long story short, the attacker has been arrested & has met with the victim at the hospital where he has reportedly offered to pay up to 100,000 in medical costs which goes no where near what the guy needs (He has to have an operation to fix titanium plates inside his cheek to stop his eyeball sinking into his skull which will cost > 600,000 so looking more like 1,000,000 in medical costs). 

The next step was for all parties to meet at the police station to discuss it further but I haven't seen any reports of what happened there (If somebody has can they please share a link).  

As an aside, Brian Flowers (For those who don't know he's the co-owner of NightWish group which own approx. 25 bars on Soi 6, the Rage gym & Pattaya News) & wife have been helping the guy navigate his way through this so if anybody is interested in following the case it's likely that he'll post updates on his YouTube channel.

Fancy  naming a gym Rage (roid rage?)

• Like 1