Out of control foreign "tourist" smashes up Bangkok Bank branch in north - causes nearly 500K damage

webfact

I recon he was making a statement on behalf everyone who has ever been mucked around by a bank. Perhaps displaying the collective rage syndrome that he just couldn't control. I'm sure there are many who have felt like doing something similar at one time or another. However we at least have brushed it off having become accustomed to this poor standard of doing business. 

I'll make a note to send him a file in a birthday cake and some Prozac to calm him down.

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, Denim said:

A breakdown of that is :

260,000 for the damage and 200,000 to the rep just for the inconvenience.

If he could find £15,000, £12k for the damage and £3k for the cops, he might get off!?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, webfact said:

damage in the sum of 460,600 baht

that's most probably just the material damage

I would guess that charges for labor cost, lost profit and inconveniencing branch customers will be added in time.

Banks can make you mad at times... in this case it was crazy-mad, not angry-mad. Nevertheless, he deserves to be locked up for awhile.

Send him down to the slammer in Kanchanaburi and put him in a cell with Shane Looker.

He could teach Looker a thing or two about rocks and how useful they are for weighing down suitcases to keep them from rising to the surface of the water and ruining your holiday.

"Let he who is without sin cast the first stone,"

Edited by VillageIdiot
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, spidermike007 said:

I am not a supporter of mayhem and insane behavior, generally. But, I have no sympathy for banks, insurance companies and alot of large corporations. None. Many are not responsible citizens. And there are likely alot of others who do not like them either. Apparently. Glad it wasn't me! 

So just use cash and don't sign any insurance contract.

You are not forced to use their services.

And any of this would still be no reason to smash up a bank.

• Like 2

Well, I have been almost there as well. Bangkok Bank's customer service is second to none in "non-existence" while the pre-dominantely female staff balance around on their high heels with their noses 90 degrees up. 
Absolute arrogance and racist treatment "you wait, he first" despite the queue numbering ........

I did not smash anything but took my entire business and personal finance banking needs elsewhere which was commented with "up to you".

Edited by onthedarkside
profanity comment removed
  • Like 2
  • Sad 3

4 hours ago, 2long said:

Interesting that they have already calculated the exact sum of the damage caused. Very efficient!

Think of a number, double it, multiply by 2 and add a zero..

Standard formula.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, klauskunkel said:

that's most probably just the material damage

I would guess that charges for labor cost, lost profit and inconveniencing branch customers will be added in time.

Plus, maybe he went outside and keyed all the employees cars or scooters as well.

5 hours ago, Denim said:

A breakdown of that is :

260,000 for the damage and 200,000 to the rep just for the inconvenience.

That doesn't add up to the 460,600 bt quoted?!!   Where did that 600 bt come from or indeed, go to??!!

• Haha 1