Out of control foreign "tourist" smashes up Bangkok Bank branch in north - causes nearly 500K damage

webfact

I do hope that this expat foreigner, Canadian has to pay all the damages, and also enjoys some time 

in a Thai prison, before being deported back to Canada. There is no good excuse or reason

to smash up any business. Being an adult can be difficult, but being an out of control spoiled

man- child seems to be a common theme here. 

• Like 2

23 hours ago, webfact said:

Following the incident caused by the "mad farang" as he was referred to in the media

They chose to describe him as "mad", rather than simply suggesting that this is typical foreigner behaviour!  That seems like progress...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Bedfont said:

He probably tried to open a bank account and was refused because he was only a tourist.

He should get to know Thai law, the easy way not the hard way.

Not if he was on everstay.  Perhaps he has had covid problems and was not allowed to withdraw his money due to not having a valid visa?

On 6/3/2022 at 9:38 AM, Bert got kinky said:

If you are overstay, don't go out of your way to break the law, especially in a very open and public display.

That can be true, but also very, very strange how nearly all media stories by the regime, the foreigner is always on overstay, really strongly suspect that a lot of these stories are being hyped for effect by the regime

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Stargeezr said:

I do hope that this expat foreigner, Canadian has to pay all the damages, and also enjoys some time 

in a Thai prison, before being deported back to Canada. There is no good excuse or reason

to smash up any business. Being an adult can be difficult, but being an out of control spoiled

man- child seems to be a common theme here. 

Certainly among Farang. 

16 hours ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

Even the cheapest computer is 15-20 000 Baht .

A medium range computer would be about 50 000 Baht 

Not in Thailand!!! New one start around 8.000 THB. 2.500 for Monitor.

But the computer can't be damaged so much that it is not repairable. Maybe need a new case.

3 hours ago, snowgard said:

Not in Thailand!!! New one start around 8.000 THB. 2.500 for Monitor.

But the computer can't be damaged so much that it is not repairable. Maybe need a new case.

So the computer wasnt actually broken, just the computer case was damaged and needed repairing and replacing .

What about the banks security doors , did they just need fixing or did they need replacing ?

On 6/3/2022 at 9:41 AM, spidermike007 said:

I am not a supporter of mayhem and insane behavior, generally. But, I have no sympathy for banks, insurance companies and alot of large corporations. None. Many are not responsible citizens. And there are likely alot of others who do not like them either. Apparently. Glad it wasn't me! 

The primarily female staff don't need to be abused just because you don't like banks. Institutions are made of people. People  on small salaries. But here is a suggestion: boycott  banks- don't use them if you feel so strongly.

Edited by The Hammer2021

43 minutes ago, The Hammer2021 said:

Is 'counter culture vibes' the 'same as dumb hippy  woke vibes'

It is kinda lets grow and import opium, and heroin and what ever else will make a buck vibe.

Kind of a police think tank vibe.

• Haha 1

On 6/2/2022 at 7:33 PM, 2long said:

Interesting that they have already calculated the exact sum of the damage caused. Very efficient!

It goes something like this. Bank contacts contractor. Contractor gives bank a quote of 460,600 baht to repair the damage. Bank accepts and contractor begins immediately. Emergency repairs are generally inflated. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, garyk said:

It is kinda lets grow and import opium, and heroin and what ever else will make a buck vibe.

Kind of a police think tank vibe.

Completely inacurate.
You obviously don't live there.

I don't really know why folk here are questioning the cost of damage/repairs.

A bank will not fluff around asking for estimates, they will have their own contactors to sort stuff in the quickest and secured way possible. 

10,000 quid to do that doesn't sound a lot to me, but it may to those looking for a rice worker to sort it on his days off.....????

• Haha 1