Tourism Ministry to Delay Tourism Fee Until the End of This Year

snoop1130

10 minutes ago, snoop1130 said:

In light of tourists who only stay one or two nights in the country, he believes that the tourist fee for land arrival should be reconsidered.

If he only wants to issue the fee on tourists staying longer, why not just add it to the tourist visa cost at their embassies and be done with it? Then everyone else transiting for a day or two on visa exempt by any mode of transport, non tourist visa foreigners and long term expats can avoid the nonsense.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

18 hours ago, Hamus Yaigh said:

If he only wants to issue the fee on tourists staying longer, why not just add it to the tourist visa cost at their embassies and be done with it? Then everyone else transiting for a day or two on visa exempt by any mode of transport, non tourist visa foreigners and long term expats can avoid the nonsense.

tourism fee only applies to that no one else ??

Easy to understand why this has not gone forward. They want to only apply the fee to non-Thai so this would require two different prices for tickets which airlines and travel agents around the world will not do.

This leaves collecting 300 baht cash on arrival, so imagine the extra lines prior to immigration when the magical millions of tourists return (as per TAT)

• Like 2

19 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

Tourism and Sports Minister Phiphat Ratchakitprakarn announced that the ministry has decided to withdraw the proposal to implement a tourism fee in order to conduct additional research on the matter. In light of tourists who only stay one or two nights in the country, he believes that the tourist fee for land arrival should be reconsidered.

So should the government sponsored agreement of dual pricing at national parks...

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, hotchilli said:

My sister who lives in Perth Oz has just arrived this week in the UK to visit my brother.

She was hoping to take in Thailand on the return leg to see me for a couple of days before returning home.

She took one look at the requirements and said sorry, to much hassle.

As for me meeting her out of Thailand or even in Oz the hassle of coming back in isn't worth the grief either.

You'd think being on a retirement visa I'd come back in on that alone, but unfortunately it isn't that simple.

Retirement visa, just requires re entry visa and 30 day covid insurance cover, cost about 700 baht, and an on line form I belive...for fully vax... 

He has been pushing this for sometime can he do it finally?  He is what 3rd from the top? 

Fee,  maybe he wants to collect as much kickback from the insurance companies before he actually needs to?  Out of 300 only 50 baht going to health I see insurance still will have their hands even if TP goes? 

40 minutes ago, hotchilli said:

So should the government sponsored agreement of dual pricing at national parks...

yep pity they didn't do it today  ill be paying 5 times more than my wife and family tomorrow to enter the national park here in phetchabun   ok i know we are not talking Squillions   but the principal of it 

• Like 1

"The Ministry of Tourism and Sports has announced that it will postpone the collection of the 300-baht tourism fee until the fourth quarter of this year"

Ooops - another "flip flop"! Ooops - TAT is involved!

What a surprise - NOT! 

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Excel said:

Don't think Anutin will let that happen, after all with so many of his pals no doubt benefitting from the insurance uptake why would he ?   But you never know and the sooner the Thai pass together with the insurance scam hits the dust the better it will be for a general Thailand population to benefit from no doubt increased visitors.

and all these protesters arriving again which the unelected PM and the other Chuckle Brother will be dreading.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, jacko45k said:

Dear me, what  will all the cry babies post about when the Thai Pass has gone?

I think you may need your own image.jpeg.c33b3b43fb1b764c826e3e274cc0e7ba.jpeg. There are people who live here who don't want to do a TP every time the leave .

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, 10baht said:

I think you may need your own image.jpeg.c33b3b43fb1b764c826e3e274cc0e7ba.jpeg. There are people who live here who don't want to do a TP every time the leave .

Why not, easy peasy, and will likely be gone soon anyhow.  If these idiots can't handle it how they going to do with a re-entry permit?

Edited by jacko45k
  • Confused 2

So the tourism ministry never thought this plan through . 300 baht for 1 week or 1 month or 2 months . Maybe a one off levy for all who enter Thailand despite their length of stay ?  What is the reason for the fee ? If it could be assigned for accident injury insurance , I could see the sense . Or is it just another way of extracting money from the tourist ?  I believe there is already a 700 baht fee imposed on the flight ticket for individual arrivals to Thailand .