30 years in total- I think my time is up

Why is it all the  time we are subjected to attempts at price gouging, additional airport fees dual pricing,  and ridiculous  nationalistic and jingoistic government behavior.

i would rather be gouged on consumption (import taxes in thailand) than home ownership (council tax in the uk)

airport fees! Much much lower than flying out of the uk.

nationalism.....I can't understand Thai so I don't hear it. and if I did its probably better than the woke, leftie feminised uk

if you find a better third option do let us know.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

42 minutes ago, giddyup said:

Exactly.  I started giving my Thai partner 20K baht a month 13 years ago to pay for food, water and electric. I still give her 20K baht a month and if anything we eat better now than then. I have offered many times to increase the amount, but she always refuses and tells me if she runs short she'll let me know. So if the cost of living has increased, it's negligible.

If you don't think electric has increased the past 13 years you are kidding yourself.

Food and cooking gas as well.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 2

1 hour ago, JAFO said:

CH is right.  Why let this bother you?  I see the news and laugh.  In the end it really does not impact me at all.  I am still enjoying an outstanding life here and WAY cheaper and no noise.  I always laugh when people whinge about dual pricing. So to enter a park cost you double.  What is that like $5.  ????

Rents in west are crazy high. 10000 baht a month vs 100,000 baht same thing.

56 minutes ago, Reposed said:

I've been on 6 continents and around (lost count) 120 countries. I've lived in 8 countries for an extended period....meaning 2 years or more. South America, Central America, Mexico, Japan, Italy, Spain, and, uhm, here....

Suffice to say, Thailand is unique in their world view, and my days here are numbered. I'm with you, bud. Ignore the people on here who are Thaier than Thais.

Best on your new journey...

What you guys seems to forget or ignore, is the crazy livingcost back where you coming from, new taxes like environment tax on everything and anything, gas en electric more than doubled in many countries. 

good luck to find another place to complain about. 

But have to say, been back home for 3 months, I say yes to both places will do for me. 

• Like 2