Two dead, three injured as two pick-ups collide at intersection in Rayong - foreigner among dead

webfact

5pm.jpg

Picture: Siam Rath

Siam Rath reported on a collision between two pick-ups around midnight Saturday at the Nong Phak Nam intersection on Route 36 in Muang district of Rayong, central/east Thailand. 

A green Isuzu pick-up collided with a Ford.

Two people in the Isuzu died - they were named as Jakkrapong, 60 and Chiang, a Cambodian. 

Three people in the Isuzu were taken to hospital. One is out of danger, two remain critical.

They were all named as Cambodian nationals Teuang, 52, and Wenna, 22 and the driver of the vehicle, a Thai called Saichon.

No one inside the Ford was hurt. The Isuzu was propelled into a central reservation lamppost and was completely destroyed.

The Isuzu contained workers on their way home from a Pluak Daeng industrial estate. 

asean_now_BB.jpg

-- © Copyright  ASEAN NOW 2022-07-11

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

Monthly car subscription with first-class insurance, 24x7 assistance and more in one price - click here to find out more!

Get your business in front of millions of customers who read ASEAN NOW with an interest in Thailand every month - email [email protected] for more information
  • Sad 4

10 hours ago, KhunBENQ said:

Another day, another battlefield. So sad.

Call me prejudiced but small wheels, sporty rims and a crazy color for a pickup.

Do we like to do some pickup racing?

same story, modified Isuzu - wide wheels . lowered suspension , go faster exhaust ,  gungho speedsters probably with the minimum government giveaway insurance - what does one expect with such ridiculous lawless policies  ? 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, KhunBENQ said:

Another day, another battlefield. So sad.

Call me prejudiced but small wheels, sporty rims and a crazy color for a pickup.

Do we like to do some pickup racing?

Never would I call you crazy.

I putt quietly on small sois.

Do not ever ride BIG sois. Death Wish.

Speed maybe drunk too,could be no license. these must be a factor in the damage and pics.I was reversing just touched the front bumper and the owners saw,the girlfriend went spare.Just a Tcut was all that was needed.If that was me looking at pic,s of this accident Tcut would not fix this accident

• 1 month later...

Thai roads are so dangerously designed - if an incident happened it is often exacerbated by the stationing of obstacles in the central reservation - lamp-posts trees bollards signs etc. Little use is made of armco barriers etc.

Edited by Thunglom

On 7/11/2022 at 4:07 AM, sammieuk1 said:

Usual culprits the pickup ???? Rip

as you are less likely to die in a 4-wheeled vehicle than in the USA and together with the USA Thailand has one of the h=ghest pickup ownerships in the world - I can't see the point you are making.

8 hours ago, sawadee1947 said:

What the hell is this? In Thailand? 

The RTP don't have a properly trained road incident unit. 

To understand the road safety problems in tHailand each incident needs to scientifically analysed - this occurs in countries with the lowest crash injury and death rates.

A crash report form is an essential starting point

Key variables typically collected include:

·      crash location (including geographic coordinates);

·      time of day, day of week, month of year, year;

·      information on those who were involved (including road user type, age, gender, injury sustained);

·      details regarding the road (whether at an intersection, speed limit, curvature, traffic control, markings);

·      details on the environment (light conditions, weather, road markings/surface, wet or dry);

·      information regarding what happened in the crash (vehicle movement types, objects struck (including off-road), and contributory factors such as speed, alcohol use or driver distraction);

·      vehicle factors (type of vehicles involved).

Te figures in Thailand have remained pretty constant for the last 3 decades, which isn't surprising s they haven't even taken the first steps in real road safety.

31 minutes ago, Thunglom said:

The RTP don't have a properly trained road incident unit. 

To understand the road safety problems in tHailand each incident needs to scientifically analysed - this occurs in countries with the lowest crash injury and death rates.

A crash report form is an essential starting point

Key variables typically collected include:

·      crash location (including geographic coordinates);

·      time of day, day of week, month of year, year;

·      information on those who were involved (including road user type, age, gender, injury sustained);

·      details regarding the road (whether at an intersection, speed limit, curvature, traffic control, markings);

·      details on the environment (light conditions, weather, road markings/surface, wet or dry);

·      information regarding what happened in the crash (vehicle movement types, objects struck (including off-road), and contributory factors such as speed, alcohol use or driver distraction);

·      vehicle factors (type of vehicles involved).

Te figures in Thailand have remained pretty constant for the last 3 decades, which isn't surprising s they haven't even taken the first steps in real road safety.

That's what I expressed in shorter words. Thanks