POLITICS Trump says FBI raiding his Mar-a-Lago home

Scott

2 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

Oh I see, having made an unequivocally I’ll informed post, and been called out for not knowing what you are talking about, you do some internet searching and come back with a second bite of the sour cherry.

The nonsense of your first post remains.

You’ve confirmed you can do a search for facts, albeit after first having embarrassed yourself by posting nonsense you should have checked before hitting the send button.

If you're the FBI, and you want to make a raid that at the more aggressive end of the scale, as opposed to a subpoena, against a previous president for the first time ever, you need to be very sure of your facts and evidence. There is no conceivable way the raid wasn't approved by the AG as well as the Director of the FBI.

There's no way that Biden would have wanted to know or that they would have told him for very obvious political reasons. Same reason they wouldn't let Trump go to the Capitol on Jan 6. Best decision Trump never made.

• Like 2

Just now, placeholder said:

Democrats have been strongly critical of Garland for either not doing anything in this regard or going too slow.

Some Democrats, others have observed Garland’s past record of conducting thorough , leak proof and effective criminal investigations of large coordinated criminal enterprises.

50 minutes ago, Eric Loh said:

Trump said it was political. You don't believe him and is meaningless too. That makes your allegation rather dross.

Trump's supporters have been upset since November 2020. Don't matter much that they upset now.

Flawed logic. Just because someone sometimes lies, doesn't mean everything they say is incorrect.

I think the main issue for the Dems might be how upset Trump supporters when they come to vote at the next election. Angry people tend not to stay home on voting day.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

No I didnt , I was referring to Merrick Garland, who was appointed by Joe Biden 

No you were not,.

Stop gaslighting, own your own posts or be owned by them:

33 minutes ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

Biden is the person who appointed the person who gave permission for  this raid on Trumps house  to happen .

Bidens honestly is an important  element to this issue .

If there's an investigation as to why the FBI raided Trumps house , it could lead back to the FBI boss who was appointed by Biden and Biden would need to answer some questions .

Him being shown to be a liar would be an important issue in the investigation 

• Sad 1

5 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

Oh I see, having made an unequivocally ill  informed post, and been called out for not knowing what you are talking about, you do some internet searching and come back with a second bite of the sour cherry.

The nonsense of your first post remains.

You’ve confirmed you can do a search for facts, albeit after first having embarrassed yourself by posting nonsense you should have checked before hitting the send button.

You are wrong .

I read those facts earlier this morning , then wrote those facts  on here and then had to trawl back through my "history" to get the links for you to show where I got my info from 

5:10 AM

sky news - Google Searchwww.google.com
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, JonnyF said:

Flawed logic. Just because someone sometimes lies, doesn't mean everything they say is incorrect.

I think the main issue for the Dems might be how upset Trump supporters when they come to vote at the next election. Angry people tend not to stay home on voting day.

There aren’t enough Trump supporters to worry about and they are in any case always angry always believing anything Trump tells them.

As he said himself, ‘he could shoot someone on 5th Avenue’.

Forget about Trump’s supporters,  many of whom don’t have a vote.

It’s swing voters and middle America that will decide the next election.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Bkk Brian said:

It was a stretch for Biden to say he was arrested but he was stopped and detained. Hardly comparable to the mountain of lies Trump has spewed out over the years

A stretch?

I suppose it was also 'a stretch' when Biden claimed to have been a tractor-trailer driver. 

It's not 'a stretch', it's 'a lie'. There are countless examples. Hence, I take what he says with a pinch of salt.

PS. before you reply, yes, Trump lies as well. I am neutral and therefore able to acknowledge that both are liars.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

You are wrong .

I read those facts earlier this morning , then wrote those facts  on here and then had to trawl back through my "history" to get the links for you to show where I got my info from 

5:10 AM

sky news - Google Searchwww.google.com

While I simply had to quote your very own words.

3 minutes ago, ozimoron said:

True, that's why Trump lost the election despite the record Republican turnout. Problem for him was that the Dems were more angry than the Republicans.

Quite possibly true.

Not exactly a great reason to enrage your opponents further with state sponsored harrassment though...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, LaosLover said:

I'm a Biden-super fan. It's like, Obama -now with 80% less charisma. He only had one job: dump Trump and he did it. Toss in his latest big bill and he's going to be among the most consequential presidents ever.

He's a career master pol, as is Garland. They don't go to NASCAR rallies, they just slowly work the system. People yelling at them to go faster clearly never worked for the government.

This.

30 minutes ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

The FBI need to hope that Trump doesnt win the next election 

McCarthy threatens to probe Garland after Trump FBI raid

House Minority Leader Kevin McCarthy (R-Calif.) promised on Monday that if Republicans take back the chamber after November’s midterm elections, they will investigate the Department of Justice, telling Attorney General Merrick Garland to “clear your calendar.”

“I’ve seen enough. The Department of Justice has reached an intolerable state of weaponized politicization,” McCarthy said. “When Republicans take back the House, we will conduct immediate oversight of this department, follow the facts, and leave no stone unturned.”

“Attorney General Garland, preserve your documents and clear your calendar,” McCarthy said.

https://thehill.com/policy/national-security/3593582-mccarthy-threatens-to-probe-garland-after-trump-fbi-raid/

Arguably overt interference in a criminal investigation.

Just now, Chomper Higgot said:

There aren’t enough Trump supporters to worry about and they are in any case always angry always believing anything Trump tells them.

As he said himself, ‘he could shoot someone on 5th Avenue’.

Forget about Trump’s supporters,  many of whom don’t have a vote.

It’s swing voters and middle America that will decide the next election.

You don't need to be a Trump supporter to be angry about state sponsored political harrassment. 

Many a patriotic Amercian would be angry about the country being dragged down to banana republic status like that.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, JonnyF said:

Quite possibly true.

Not exactly a great reason to enrage your opponents further with state sponsored harrassment though...

And once again the "neutral" observer characterize the event as "state sponsored harrassment" without offering any evidence. Tell me, were the perpertrators of this action "radical leftists" and "antifa types"?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, JonnyF said:

You don't need to be a Trump supporter to be angry about state sponsored political harrassment. 

Many a patriotic Amercian would be angry about the country being dragged down to banana republic status like that.

Nobody who is not a Trump

supporter is upset by this, and as I say many of those who are upset by it don’t have a vote anyway.

• Confused 1