Daft things your Mrs believes in?

proton

3 hours ago, mickyr55 said:

My usually sensible lady believes that if she touches plants ???? during her periods they will die. 

When I scoffed at this she said the would prove it by picking mint and basil, funnily enough 1 month down the line both are still thriving .

Does she touch you at that time of the month ? Be careful, be very careful !

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Satcommlee said:

You'll get struck by lightning using a mobile phone in a thunder storm.

increases the likelihood of being struck as does using or being near any electrical appliance that is powered up so not such an unfounded 'superstition'.

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, transam said:

MG cars are made in England....????

I said no, the Union Jack flag on the back is for fun....????

An English guy in our village has bought an MG for his Mrs with Union Jack on the roof is that OK. ????

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, proton said:

Daft things your Mrs believes in

Alot of daft things are taught at school. 

Kids get taught not to go to sleep under trees because trees take oxygen in, at night time and you will suffocate. 

It's a shame that the education standards are so low, it can be a struggle at times trying to explain what's right and wrong, the nonsense and the facts. 

Edited by SAFETY FIRST
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, 2long said:

Slightly off topic... I just followed this Muppet on my way home from Wine Connection.

Because the entity that brings us good luck is colour blind & easily fooled, but can read Thai! ????????????

White car.jpeg

Not off topic we have a white car with a sign saying this car is black lol. Wife thinks it wards off ghosts from stealing it.

• Haha 2

Mine believes if you talk to half of the people in our village , get numbers off people on Tik Tok and spend 30 mins on the phone with her Sister who lives in Sattahip discussing the lottery , she will win. Happens Twice a month every month ( talking that is , not winning ).

She is also a believer in that time of month , you cannot go to a funeral / wedding ( or something like that ).

Bad eye , cannot eat pork , bad something or other cannot eat certain foods.

Feet cannot point towards her Buddha statues in the house.

She also got upset after a priest at out local temple told her that after Seven years I would leave her . ( 25 years ago  ).

Edited by NE1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, ed strong said:

Superstitions are always rife in areas of poverty and poor education, often perpetuated due to illiteracy and ignorance and a lack of available knowledge of science and technology.

Its the same philosophy as religion, its biggest proponents being South America, Africa and central Asia.

I believe many governments would rather have a nation of superstitious religious folk than an educated community.

That's because an educated community will see through their lies. Apart from the soldiers and guns, how do you think the unelected PM has lasted 8 years now? and if he wants, he will last another 8 years.

6 hours ago, Etaoin Shrdlu said:

I used to think Mrs. Shrdlu was daft to go around the house unplugging all the electrical appliances (save the refrigerators) from the mains.

Nowadays I'm not so sure after reading many times that electrical faults are suspected of causing fires here. Of course, "electrical fault" could be modern shorthand for arson the way "rats in matches" was many years ago.

Actually she is right, but not for the reason. It saves a lot on the electricity bill.  There are lots of articles and comments on the TV about it nowadays in France.

5 hours ago, Satcommlee said:

You'll get struck by lightning using a mobile phone in a thunder storm.

Welcome to the club :cheesy:

And if another cowboy is hit by lightning out in the open fields and having hold a mobile phone there is more proof.

1 hour ago, SAFETY FIRST said:

Alot of daft things are taught at school. 

Kids get taught not to go to sleep under trees because trees take oxygen in, at night time and you will suffocate. 

It's a shame that the education standards are so low, it can be a struggle at times trying to explain what's right and wrong, the nonsense and the facts. 

I remember when the nurses in England used to remove all the flowers in the wards at night because they used all the oxygen. do they still do that I wonder?

Edited by Gandtee

3 minutes ago, Gandtee said:

remember when the nurses pm England used tio remove all the flowers in the wards at night because they used all the oxygen. do they still do that I wonder?

Flowers were banned in UK hospitals because of the bacteria in the water , the water flowers were kept in , plus they were a nuisance to the nurses 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, mickyr55 said:

My usually sensible lady believes that if she touches plants ???? during her periods they will die. 

When I scoffed at this she said the would prove it by picking mint and basil, funnily enough 1 month down the line both are still thriving .

Were Mint and Basi in a relationship?

1 hour ago, OneMoreFarang said:

I am planning my new apartment. There is a door to the bathroom near the bed.

My Mrs told me the headboard side of the bed (or maybe our heads) cannot be on the side of the bathroom (door).

good Feng Shui.. if someone flushes while you are sleeping your soul might end up in the toilet - or worse.  Head to the west or east... 

Edited by 1FinickyOne

24 minutes ago, LukKrueng said:

Don't blame me for all the BS your wives and gf's believe. YOU married them. Now what does it say about you???????????????????

It would be interesting to have a similar thread written by our wives. What crazy things to farangs believe? 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

Flowers were banned in UK hospitals because of the bacteria in the water , the water flowers were kept in , plus they were a nuisance to the nurses 

Flowers were a nuisance?? Petal harassment?   Something like that??