At least 4 million foreign tourists have entered Thailand so far this year

webfact

so 4 million in 8 moths and then another 6 million in 4 months. 

ya ok TAT.

9 minutes ago, webfact said:

These efforts are aimed at stimulating and reviving the tourism industry and related industries. At the same time, public health measures have been carefully implemented.

you mean the mask wearing that basically the rest of the world has dropped ? 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, mikebell said:

I'm in the last lot; do I count as a tourist having lived here permanently for 18 years and just managed my FIRST 90 Day report online?

No, of course not. But I daren't tell you what you do count as.... what on earth is the problem you have with 90 day reporting, which I have used for years and years. 

Edited by jacko45k
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

Per the article:

The spokesman said relevant agencies are rapidly considering tourism promotion measures for the rest of the year.

This is so Thailand would be able to attract 10 million tourists for the whole of 2022, in accordance with the current target.

No matter how 'rapidly' they consider 'promotion measures', no way they'll hit their 'current target' of 10 million.  Expect the 'current target' to change to a lower figure soon.

1 hour ago, shackleton said:

Surprised to see the United Kingdom on the list of  most tourist

Arrivals as mentioned a lot will be expats  who already  live in

Thailand ????????????

I was under  the impression  times were hard in the UK flights expensive cost of living  up and so on  ????

It is going to be cheaper to live in Thailand for a while, especially over winter.

Living here just outside Pattaya all i see are hordes of Indian men , not exactly big spenders, very rude,just walk out into the road arms up,for you to stop,never see them in a bar or restaurant ,still they add to the no of tourists,even the mayor here said,more tourists here but spending down.

4 hours ago, aussiexpat said:

Have tried to get a flight to Thailand, can't find anything under $2000 from Brisbane. 

This is low season where I've been paying $800 for a flight in August for years. Easy to see why tourists aren't coming

Singapore Airlines are quoting AUD1303 for a mid September flight.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, aussiexpat said:

Have tried to get a flight to Thailand, can't find anything under $2000 from Brisbane. 

This is low season where I've been paying $800 for a flight in August for years. Easy to see why tourists aren't coming

I agree, have been looking into flights for a trip back home to Australia. either non existent, really expensive, or via somewhere for a 6 hour stopover.

5 hours ago, aussiexpat said:

I went to Brisbane in August and it was 7C at night, horrible. Too cold to surf, surfer's paradise, my bottom ???? 

What does this mean, actually? How many were returning expats? Does it include Burmese, Cambodian and Malaysian tourists and workers? Does it include business travel? How many affluent travelers and how many young backpackers? 

Such an extreme lack of information within these numbers the desperate TAT and administration trots out. No improvements or sacrifices were made. Nothing appears to have been learned. 

They are starting another program to pay for half of restaurant and shopping bills for Thais the end of this month. That is an indication of how thoroughly decimated the economy is here. I call it the Prayuth Decimation. The sabotage of the tourism industry was extreme and reckless. Who knows how many years it will take to bring it back, and if it will ever fully recover. I think Thailand has been forgotten and left behind. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 8/27/2022 at 11:38 AM, bert bloggs said:

Living here just outside Pattaya all i see are hordes of Indian men , not exactly big spenders, very rude,just walk out into the road arms up,for you to stop,never see them in a bar or restaurant ,still they add to the no of tourists,even the mayor here said,more tourists here but spending down.

And that was happening long before Covid. 86% of arrivals were Malaysian, Indian and Chinese. Likely low to middle income earners not spending alot. I heard that from countless people in the industry. Few rich people find Thailand appeals to them, for a dozen valid reasons. Listed them before. 

3 hours ago, Neeranam said:

Well done Thailand! 

The bashers are out in force today. 

Skepticism of people who make numbers up, distort them, hide the details, or just lie is not bashing but being realistic. 

• Like 1

On 8/27/2022 at 10:06 AM, shackleton said:

Surprised to see the United Kingdom on the list of  most tourist

Arrivals as mentioned a lot will be expats  who already  live in

Thailand ????????????

I was under  the impression  times were hard in the UK flights expensive cost of living  up and so on  ????

I own a home in the US and utilities are insane. Some paying 400-600 / month for electricity. I came here to escape those prices. I can rent.a nice serviced place here or live in hotels for what my utilities cost in the US.  Just got my electric bill in the US and paid it. It was 100 dollars and everything cut off except the basics.

Edited by Gknrd
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, spidermike007 said:

What does this mean, actually? How many were returning expats? Does it include Burmese, Cambodian and Malaysian tourists and workers? Does it include business travel? How many affluent travelers and how many young backpackers? 

Such an extreme lack of information within these numbers the desperate TAT and administration trots out. No improvements or sacrifices were made. Nothing appears to have been learned. 

They are starting another program to pay for half of restaurant and shopping bills for Thais the end of this month. That is an indication of how thoroughly decimated the economy is here. I call it the Prayuth Decimation. The sabotage of the tourism industry was extreme and reckless. Who knows how many years it will take to bring it back, and if it will ever fully recover. I think Thailand has been forgotten and left behind. 

To be sure, it's gonna be quite until we return to the strong pre-COVID numbers - if we ever do return to those levels again. It surely would've been a benefit all around if the authorities had seen it befitting to instill measures to encourage this much ballyhooed sector.......including subsidies, tax credits and assorted stipends that would of assured that it all rolls back in due course. Dreamy and suspect numbers promoted continuously does little to maintain any reality that might be in our midst. 

I might add also Mike, that Lung Tu didn't have a singular part in the decimation of the once vibrant industry - he had lots of assistance from those usual circles that were looking after their own interests first. The Ammat and elite troughs have priority.