Yet more embarrassment for RTP as gun stealing/ gambling cop nabbed trying to flee Thailand

webfact

15 minutes ago, Iamfalang said:
22 minutes ago, webfact said:

The media did not follow up as yet on how such a large number of weapons could go missing from a single police station before action was taken

no comment

No need for comment, the Bangkok Post explained it all when the incident was first reported earlier this week.

• Like 1

Surely it is a fundamental principle that weapons in an arm's kote are at the very least counted daily by a senior person, with the armour present. If let us say 100 weapons belong to that armoury, then 100 should be present, or properly signed out. At regular intervals 100% checks of weapons by registered numbers are carried out. Any weapons signed out and held by individuals are also produced by the holders, checked by registered numbers and inspected.

Sergeant Somchai says he knows where all the gats are is not an adequate check!

Edited by herfiehandbag
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, webfact said:

has stolen a staggering 100+ guns from the Pak Kret station where he was based. 

In for one gun or in for 100, same same so might as well, and this guy now will spend good number of years behind bar, what perplexing here is how did he manged to fool everyone and still so many guns?...

1 hour ago, herfiehandbag said:

Surely it is a fundamental principle that weapons in an arm's kote are at the very least counted daily by a senior person, with the armour present. If let us say 100 weapons belong to that armoury, then 100 should be present, or properly signed out. At regular intervals 100% checks of weapons by registered numbers are carried out. Any weapons signed out and held by individuals are also produced by the holders, checked by registered numbers and inspected.

Sergeant Somchai says he knows where all the gats are is not an adequate check!

The challenge would be following up on the paperwork.

Unfortunately, if the paperwork looks in order the brass is not going to worry.

There are a myriad of things that need to happen and the unfortunate thing is that there may not be the will for people to take action.

On a side note, I would love to see an official audit by non-military of all military weapons.

I think the fact that crime is so rampant here is the issue.

The problems are many and the solutions are more difficult than they may seem.

RTP is reminding me more and more of the 1920's Chicago police force of media fame.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, ezzra said:

In for one gun or in for 100, same same so might as well, and this guy now will spend good number of years behind bar, what perplexing here is how did he manged to fool everyone and still so many guns?...

Because he was in charge of the weapons store and forged paperwork showing the guns had been legitimately distributed.

5 hours ago, Iamfalang said:
5 hours ago, webfact said:

The media did not follow up as yet on how such a large number of weapons could go missing from a single police station before action was taken

no comment

Thais are taught almost from birth not to question their 'betters'. Hardly good grounding for journalists. I worked with some here, and it was always I who had to ask the questions. They are utterly useless and wouldn't last a week in the real world. One that I worked with even made three factual errors in his opening paragraph, which is quite a feat,

Edited by Bangkok Barry
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1