Why is the UK struggling more than other countries?

Scott

19 hours ago, Kwasaki said:

So what's going to be done about it how is it going to be dealt with. 

you should ask BorisJoke, isn't he the one that pushed so hard for the "grandiose" benefits of Brexit to??? lets just mention one NHS

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

You forget, withdrew himself from the selection process to replace the lettuce, despite claiming to have the necessary signatures to run for PM.

Maybe he knows something that we don’t.

Frankly I think Richie will do the best he can, it will interesting to see what happens with the remaining time left before another election. 

I hear improvement in inflation  will show by the middle of next year. 

Doesn't look like there's going to be any movement on strikes, nothing will be done to the new year I reckon. 

52 minutes ago, Kwasaki said:

What do you expect from a Labour supporter. 

The think tank who produced the study got their results by asking people "what is their minimum requirements were" and peoples "minimum requirements" were lower than the average income and their solution was to give people more .

22 hours ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

Like, I am here in England and quite content  with the current situation in the U.K and I am quite happily living post Brexit in the U.K and there's a French guy online living in Thailand trying to convince that the UK should re-join his France in the E.U.

am not trying to convince anybody or the UK to re-join anything, just pointing facts to you as it's obvious you have one set mind and don't want or wish to look at the wider picture and IF  I had the power, I would veto any potential possibility of the UK re-joining.....  FYI the EU is doing fine without the UK however the inverse isn't the case as it's obvious UK is struggling without the EU

Edited by Mavideol

2 hours ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

The think tank who produced the study got their results by asking people "what is their minimum requirements were" and peoples "minimum requirements" were lower than the average income and their solution was to give people more .

The average wage language serve's no purpose in my book. 

Same as % wage rises.

2 hours ago, Mavideol said:

am not trying to convince anybody or the UK to re-join anything, just pointing facts to you as it's obvious you have one set mind and don't want or wish to look at the wider picture and IF  I had the power, I would veto any potential possibility of the UK re-joining.....  FYI the EU is doing fine without the UK however the inverse isn't the case as it's obvious UK is struggling without the EU

Oh right, so you would like the U.K to say " We made a big mistake in leaving the E.U and we want to re join the E.U"  and you would say "Sorry , you can not re-join the E.U because we wont let you  "?

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Kwasaki said:

Easiest thing to do for people like her to do is pick holes, it's fixes them that counts.

When or if they are fixed they frantically look for something else. 

If someone isn’t there exposing the failures of a society then who will know what needs to be fixed?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Kwasaki said:

The average wage language serve's no purpose in my book. 

Same as % wage rises.

There are some "doom & gloom" merchants , "The end is nigh" "Were all going to perish and burn in hell" "Starvation and extinction" "Were all going to freeze to death on the streets"

Vote Labour to stop this ????

• Haha 1

13 hours ago, bannork said:

Desperate days as the UK slides into increasing poverty 

I doubt any government of any shade could have avoided what is happening. The problems of Britain are deep and have been ongoing since WW2.

I also doubt that any government of any shade can fix Britain without reforms that would be unacceptable to a government that wants to be re elected.

6 hours ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

There are some "doom & gloom" merchants , "The end is nigh" "Were all going to perish and burn in hell" "Starvation and extinction" "Were all going to freeze to death on the streets"

Vote Labour to stop this ????

Changing the government would, IMO, be as useful as rearranging the deck chairs on the Titanic as it sank.

Britain, IMO, needs more than tinkering around the edges and ignoring the real problems.

2 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Changing the government would, IMO, be as useful as rearranging the deck chairs on the Titanic as it sank.

Britain, IMO, needs more than tinkering around the edges and ignoring the real problems.

Do you think that Anarchy in the U.K would be a solution ?

Maybe its coming sometime ?

10 minutes ago, robblok said:

I stayed out of this as not to add to my supposed UK hating image. But been reading and the UK is indeed doing worse then the EU. Brexit is part of it but to think that Brexiteers would admit to it is naive. People are set in their minds.

But there are quite a few former Brexiteers among fishermen that have changed their mind. Seen some documentaries about it. The benefits just did not appear. 

Not that its all roses and rainbows in the EU, that latest corruption scandal is a good example. I just see the EU as a good thing overal with drawbacks. Countries will always go for what they want and that makes the EU hard to control. 

Plus of course its easy to blame the EU for everything by politicians instead of admitting they dropped the ball on certain regulations. Like in my country with their nitrogen rules. Now they blame the EU instead of themselves for years of inactivity. Now it has to be rushed and problems arise. 

It will always be easy to find faults in governments and the EU. In the UK you had that disaster that whipped out a lot of money and goodwill (Truss and her economic plans). Same goes for the EU there will always be problems and idiots.

Brexit is done that is not going to change lets see what will be done to cushion the blows. But its a big difference from all the benefits that were touted and did not happen. Now all what can be done is try navigate the fallout.

68 million people on a Island leaving EU, what can possible go wrong? 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, robblok said:

I stayed out of this as not to add to my supposed UK hating image. But been reading and the UK is indeed doing worse then the EU. Brexit is part of it but to think that Brexiteers would admit to it is naive. People are set in their minds

Well , apart from the fact that the UK isn't doing worse than the E.U, its doing about average , in the middle and Brexiteers realise that Brexit may have been responsible for some of the UKs woes, but the main and by far the largest reason is Covid and Ukraine 

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1