Man dies after parking his car on a roadside to relieve himself before another vehicle crashed into him in the Pattaya area

webfact

image.jpeg

By Goongnang Suksawat

Banglamung – A 45-year-old Thai man has been pronounced dead after he parked his car on a roadside to answer the call of nature before another vehicle crashed into him in Banglamung.

The Highway Police were notified of the accident at 1:00 A.M. early this morning (December 11th) on the Motorway Pattaya- Map Ta Phut Road in Nongprue.

Emergency responders and the Pattaya News arrived at the scene to find two damaged sedans. The surviving driver, Ms. Wanpen Tanajaroenchai, 40, was at the scene.

Full story: https://thepattayanews.com/2022/12/11/man-dies-after-parking-his-car-on-a-roadside-to-relieve-himself-before-another-vehicle-crashed-into-him-in-the-pattaya-area/

PattayaNews.jpg
-- © Copyright The Pattaya News 2022-12-12

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

Monthly car subscription with first-class insurance, 24x7 assistance and more in one price - click here to find out more!

17 minutes ago, ezzra said:

With such wide road shoulders and the blue car still managed to run into the man's car, only reason would be being stoned or drunk...

Heavens, do not suggest he was using weed, that only makes people drive better!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

33 minutes ago, simon43 said:

Why on earth didn't he hop over the safety barrier and then take a pee?  Common sense would suggest...oh wait, this is Thailand!

One of the other passengers did that so at least one of them did use common sense..

A third passenger was uninjured, but asked not to be identified, and told The Pattaya News that Tarathep’s vehicle stopped on the roadside to allow both men to relieve themselves.

One could assume from that they were out drinking. 

With a nine year old in the car too. 

3 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

It amazes me how often stationary objects are hit through no other reason than inattention. 

---

One of the causes of running into cars parked on the road side at night with the lights on is the other drivers see the car and lights ahead and shift over thinking the road turns that direct so they "follow the traffic ahead", not really paying attention.   If you park on the road side you should always turn on your hazard lights. 

9 hours ago, FarAway said:

I got Cannabis medically prescribed back home in Germany. I always drove up to 300 km/h while being under the influence, completely legal. I never ever made any accident. I actually prevented several ones because of other non-stoned drivers.

Was always funny when the Police stopped me in my car while I literally smoked a joint and they could do nothing ????????

It might be different with other people, but I generally have a kinda hyper-active character and smoking Cannabis always put me on a normal base level.

But then I know several other people that regularly drive under the influence of Cannabis, illegally, since years and they never made any accident as well.

Drunk, this is another thing. I usually never drink, but after a meeting where I drank just one beer I drove once. Never again. You are totally impaired while being just under a bit of influence of Alcohol.

So yeah, you just cannot compare being stoned or drunk.

I think being on Cocaine you should be an even better driver than "normal",  but as this illegal I surely never had any experience with that ????  

So, you flew an airplane completely stoned don't tell me you can drive at 300km/h on the autobahn absolute nonsense 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, paulikens said:

What's up with Thai men anyway? have they all got very weak bladders.    always see them relieving themselves in broad daylight. can't they wait till they get home for gods sake

When you drink lots of beer or khao lao, you can hold it for a long time, but once you had that first pee, it’s like the floodgates have opened and you have to go every ten minutes or so. 

• Like 1

20 hours ago, FarAway said:

I got Cannabis medically prescribed back home in Germany. I always drove up to 300 km/h while being under the influence, completely legal. I never ever made any accident. I actually prevented several ones because of other non-stoned drivers.

Was always funny when the Police stopped me in my car while I literally smoked a joint and they could do nothing ????????

It might be different with other people, but I generally have a kinda hyper-active character and smoking Cannabis always put me on a normal base level.

But then I know several other people that regularly drive under the influence of Cannabis, illegally, since years and they never made any accident as well.

Drunk, this is another thing. I usually never drink, but after a meeting where I drank just one beer I drove once. Never again. You are totally impaired while being just under a bit of influence of Alcohol.

So yeah, you just cannot compare being stoned or drunk.

I think being on Cocaine you should be an even better driver than "normal",  but as this illegal I surely never had any experience with that ????  

Alcohol addiction is very harmfull, but far less than drug addiction. The problem with drugaddicted is that they are in full dening and banalising modus.

It begins with the softies and ends up with the hardies and or overdosis to trigger the sensations.

Nowadays most trafic accidents with runners are caused by doped. Worst crimes are caused by doped.

A few days ago in my country a drugaddicted murdered his wife and nine years old child. When he recovered he told that he didn’t remember anything.

So I think a responsible country doesn’t need these dangerous and financial uninteresting kind of tourists

Inmy country the trafic accidents due to drug abuse have doubled.

These people are simply potential murderers behind a wheel

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, vangrop said:

Alcohol addiction is very harmfull, but far less than drug addiction. The problem with drugaddicted is that they are in full dening and banalising modus.

It begins with the softies and ends up with the hardies and or overdosis to trigger the sensations.

Nowadays most trafic accidents with runners are caused by doped. Worst crimes are caused by doped.

A few days ago in my country a drugaddicted murdered his wife and nine years old child. When he recovered he told that he didn’t remember anything.

So I think a responsible country doesn’t need these dangerous and financial uninteresting kind of tourists

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-11660210

8 hours ago, still kicking said:

So, you flew an airplane completely stoned don't tell me you can drive at 300km/h on the autobahn absolute nonsense 

Huh? Sure you can, lol. We have no speed limits on many parts.

One year ago a billionaire from Czech Republic drove his Bugatti 400km/h on our German Autobahn. 

8 hours ago, vangrop said:

You have not the slightest idea of what you are spouting off about. Your English composition appears you are drunk or stoned, btw. Please tell us what the heck " banalising modus." is supposed to mean. I used to teach special ed, but you lost me on that one.

"Nowadays most trafic accidents with runners are caused by doped." complete BS. Cite some reputable source for that whopper of ignorance

I don't drink and I don't use drugs (quit pot in 1985)...