ZALENSKY has landed in the US

Social Media

1 minute ago, Chigur said:

Where did you pull that from? Putin's approval rating in Russia is in the 80s, as is the war's. 

The Common Theme in Central Asia’s Response to Russia’s Invasion of Ukraine

https://carnegieendowment.org/2022/03/30/common-theme-in-central-asia-s-response-to-russia-s-invasion-of-ukraine-pub-86764

Those are polls of Russian citizens, not citizens of other members of the Russian confederation.

2 minutes ago, Hanaguma said:

Periods. They aren't just for breakfast.

I see you are another member of the "whatever it takes" fanclub.  Except you probably don't really mean it as anything other than a facile virtue signal. Does it mean go to war? Nuke Russia? Bankrupt your country to defend Ukraine? Try to be a bit more specific. 

Sorry for my punctuation I had to start work early due to a death in the family that beeing said I still thrived due to a strong work ethic and a love of history it is the love of history that enables me to see what that evil dwarf Putin is trying to pull off and you can put your virtue signal bs were it belongs sorry I’m an American I share American ideals I support sovereignty and democracy I support the Ukrainians struggle period all stop end of story 

• Thumbs Up 2

3 minutes ago, placeholder said:

A whole 2.5%. Wow! Scary. And thanks for the wonderfully vague "they have a growing presence." What does that mean? You got some evidence it's attracting more members?

Well , they started off in 2016 with 300 members and no votes or electoral candidates and now they have 13 000 members and 2.5 % of the vote which equals a "growing presence"

2 minutes ago, Chigur said:

Jeez, a State Dept. org battling Trump proves they don't do propaganda? They were all battling Trump. Because they hated him.

VOA is a state-owned broadcaster. It's their job to push the narrative. 

I have evidence to the contrary and all you have is assertions. 

Voice of America Under Pressure to Toe U.S. Line

But as the V.O.A. reaches out to distant countries, the hatreds fed by those countries' wars reach back into the V.O.A.'s studios. Its Pashto-language broadcasts are under constant attack by anti-Taliban émigrés, who call the service the Voice of the Taliban. The State Department, sympathetic to the critics, tried, unsuccessfully, to stop the V.O.A. from broadcasting any of its recent interview with Mullah Mohammad Omar, the Taliban leader.

https://www.nytimes.com/2001/10/08/business/voice-of-america-under-pressure-to-toe-us-line.html

You're confusiing the VOA with RT.

5 minutes ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

Well , they started off in 2016 with 300 members and no votes or electoral candidates and now they have 13 000 members and 2.5 % of the vote which equals a "growing presence"

More importantly, after 2014 a lot of these fascist far right just shuffled their memberships? How did the neo-fascists do in 2019 as opposed to 2014?

Just now, Chigur said:

VOA is wholly owned by State. They are State's voice internationally. Of course, there may be policy disagreements here and there. But if you believe the people who pay the bills don't call the shots then I have a bridge.

How's the rankings for press freedom with RT, Sputnik, Tass, among many other Russian news outlets? Last I heard they were on a par with the likes of  Sudan and Ethiopia. 

• Like 1

Just now, placeholder said:

More importantly, after 2014 a lot of these fascist far right just shuffled their memberships? How did the neo-fascists do in 2019 as opposed to 2014?

I don't know and because I keep having to look on Wikipedia to answer your questions, they are now asking me to pay for the privilege of using their website.

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Chigur said:

VOA is wholly owned by State. They are State's voice internationally. Of course, there may be policy disagreements here and there. But if you believe the people who pay the bills don't call the shots then I have a bridge.

You offer absolutely no evidence to prove that VOA hasn't acted independently. All you offer is empty inferences. You've got nothing.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

I don't know and because I keep having to look on Wikipedia to answer your questions, they are now asking me to pay for the privilege of using their website.

If I don't provide the answers it's because I live in the vain hope that one day you will acquaint yourself with the facts before posting.

• Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, kwonitoy said:

I'm a Canadian of Ukraine descent, I have family there still, close to the Romanian border so they are further back from the front.

I'm quite happy my government has stood up and wish they would give more military aid.

I've also bought thousands of dollars of bonds offered by our banks for war support

SLAVA UKRAINE

Seven billion dollars of "stood up". That is 20% of the federal deficit this year.  Sorry, I am not going to be happy for the next generation to be left footing the bill for this.  I cannot see Canada's national interest in this.

4 minutes ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

"Only once in the 1994–2014 period was a radical right-wing party elected to the parliament as an independent organization within the proportional part of the voting: Svoboda in 2012.[4] Since then even at the height of nationalist sentiment during and after Russia's annexation of Crimea and the Russo-Ukrainian War far-right parties have failed to gain enough votes to attain political representation.[4]"..

"In the 2019 Ukrainian parliamentary election the coalition of Svoboda and the other extreme-right political parties in Ukraine―National Corps, the Governmental Initiative of Yarosh, and the Right Sector―won only 2.15% of the vote combined and failed to pass the 5% threshold."

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Far-right_politics_in_Ukraine#:~:text=In the 2019 Ukrainian parliamentary,to pass the 5% threshold.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Hanaguma said:

Seven billion dollars of "stood up". That is 20% of the federal deficit this year.  Sorry, I am not going to be happy for the next generation to be left footing the bill for this.  I cannot see Canada's national interest in this.

It's in the worlds best interest, not just Canada's or Americas.

The money being put in by the US military is a rounding error on the amount of their budget.

As to Canada I'd sooner see it go to fighting a good cause rather than say a totally useless gun buyback program, which is a colossal waste of money

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

Who Are The Neo-Nazis Fighting For Russia In Ukraine?

Milchakov is the head of a Russian paramilitary group known as Rusich, which openly embraces Nazi symbolism and radical racist ideologies. The group, and Milchakov himself, have been credibly linked to atrocities in Ukraine and in Syria.

Along with members of the Russian Imperial Movement, a white supremacist group that was designated a "global terrorist" organization by the United States two years ago, Rusich is one of several right-wing groups that are actively fighting in Ukraine, in conjunction with Russia’s regular armed forces or allied separatist units.

https://www.rferl.org/a/russian-neo-nazis-fighting-ukraine/31871760.html

Excellent point. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, placeholder said:

"Only once in the 1994–2014 period was a radical right-wing party elected to the parliament as an independent organization within the proportional part of the voting: Svoboda in 2012.[4] Since then even at the height of nationalist sentiment during and after Russia's annexation of Crimea and the Russo-Ukrainian War far-right parties have failed to gain enough votes to attain political representation.[4]"..

"In the 2019 Ukrainian parliamentary election the coalition of Svoboda and the other extreme-right political parties in Ukraine―National Corps, the Governmental Initiative of Yarosh, and the Right Sector―won only 2.15% of the vote combined and failed to pass the 5% threshold."

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Far-right_politics_in_Ukraine#:~:text=In the 2019 Ukrainian parliamentary,to pass the 5% threshold.

It was the Ukrainian  neo Nazi military groups and their actions in the region that caused concern to Putin and the cause of his retaliation and the war ,  the election results didn't have any significance , it was the Ukrainian  neo Nazis waging war against the ethnic Russians in the region that was the problem 

Just now, Mac Mickmanus said:

It was the Ukrainian  neo Nazi military groups and their actions in the region that caused concern to Putin and the cause of his retaliation and the war ,  the election results didn't have any significance , it was the Ukrainian  neo Nazis waging war against the ethnic Russians in the region that was the problem 

Who told you that Putin and his mouth pieces? What actions were they up to? I ask because you seem to know so much............. 

1 hour ago, Phoenix Rising said:

"Start talking peace....."

Start peace talks? With an attacker that wants to take over your country and is killing your citizens in the tens of thousands?

"Man's in a hole he dug himself."

Yes, by letting Ukraine be attacked by Russia. Right, OK then.

Is anyone else wondering about these Ukraine/Zelensky bashing poster? You know, nationality, motivation, sanity etc?

Not really.

Sometimes I read their posts simply because of the laughter factor. This one makes me laugh a lot .

After a while I get bored and put them on ignore.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

And you know that because Putin says so?  What better background could one ask for from a truthteller like Putin than his previous employment in the KGB? It is to laugh. And it's not even true. Putin and the Russians have claimed that the entire leadership of the govt. of  Ukraine is composed of Nazis.

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

Oh so you make a claim with no basis? 

I know the history and the facts, you are wrong. Prove your assertions

I get my info from here , so instead of myself reading it and picking out some points , you may as well read it all yourself 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Russo-Ukrainian_War

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Azov_Regiment

26 minutes ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

I get my info from here , so instead of myself reading it and picking out some points , you may as well read it all yourself 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Russo-Ukrainian_War

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Azov_Regiment

None of that relates to your claims, anyway as already stated by the mods its off topic so I won't be bothering showing you the facts, you know where to find them in the main Ukraine War Thread

1 hour ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

3 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

None of that relates to your claims, anyway as already stated by the mods its off topic so I won't be bothering showing you the facts, you know where to find them in the main Ukraine War Thread

Just looked at the thread title and you are right, we need to get back on topic .

Zelansky tells Congress that he will never surrender 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/live/world-us-canada-64055030

As it happened: Zelensky tells Congress Ukraine will never surrender