What Movies or TV shows are you watching (2023)

CharlieH

Archie............. 4 parts   IMDB 7.8

I haven't seen it--- They have made it as a  4 part drama about the life of Archibald Leach , who left England and changed his name to Cary Grant. Jason Isaacs Plays main lead .

• Like 1

On 11/23/2023 at 8:25 PM, gargamon said:

The second season of The Lazarus Project has dropped. Since I had the first season (unwatched) on my NAS, I decided to watch a bit of it before downloading season 2. Wow, intelligent science fiction for a change, without all the CGI crap. Rated 6.5 on IMDb, but don't believe that, most there want CGI and marvel nonsense.

Highly recommended. Oh, and the main antagonist is the guy from Strike, Tom Burke. 

It confused me, couldn't tell who was coming from what time, or why they kept killing the different versions of themselves.

The time travel sled was clearly ripped off from Timecop.

Edited by BritManToo
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Mutt Daeng said:

Thanks for this @recom273 I've been waiting for S05 to appear. BTW it's 8 episodes in S05 not 4.

Oh I see!

One thing that I never did like about this series - the two hour episodes. I got bored and fell asleep in the middle.

There were originally 4 episodes, CH4 split them in two.

# Title Air Date Status

Old acquaintances
Apr 20 2023
WEBDL-1080p
Points of view
Apr 15 2023
WEBDL-1080p
Who leaves and who stays
Apr 13 2023
WEBDL-1080p
The journey continues
Apr 6 2023
WEBDL-1080p

I have another recommendation from a torrent forum that I subscribe to

Matroesjka's / Matrioshki / Russian Dolls from 2008

This one deals with some heavy themes in terms of human trafficking. The series itself is Belgian, and the actors are extremely good. The only comparable series that I can actually make a reference to would be Sopranos (the dynamics between the gangsters)

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

It confused me, couldn't tell who was coming from what time, or why they kept killing the different versions of themselves.

Yes, good science fiction is complex. It was all relatively simple if you were following the plot.

Maybe you can find some cookie cutter crime dramas where it's all laid out with the bad guy always getting caught and the police never making mistakes. 

• Thumbs Up 1

42 minutes ago, recom273 said:

Oh I see!

One thing that I never did like about this series - the two hour episodes. I got bored and fell asleep in the middle.

# Title Air Date Status

Old acquaintances
Apr 20 2023
WEBDL-1080p

Points of view
Apr 15 2023
WEBDL-1080p

Who leaves and who stays
Apr 13 2023
WEBDL-1080p

The journey continues
Apr 6 2023
WEBDL-1080p

This show is outstanding.

Second series is set in Thailand.

• Thumbs Up 1

Just now, delgarcon said:

Some of you would have already watched Spartacus (2010-2013 series), but if you haven't I urge you to do so. Imo, it's up there with the best that television has to offer and is a MUST see.

Loved it!!!!!++

• Thumbs Up 1

22 hours ago, recom273 said:

@Will27 

Channel 4 / Walter presents - Ice Cold Murders: Rocco Schiavone S05

Broadcast in Italy in April now with subtitles, just 4 episodes in the series. I love the backdrop to this show, awesome. 

8 hours ago, Mutt Daeng said:

Thanks for this @recom273 I've been waiting for S05 to appear. BTW it's 8 episodes in S05 not 4.

Thanks - my favourite series bar none. Just hope S05 is as good as the preceding. :thumbsup:

22 hours ago, recom273 said:

@Will27 

Channel 4 / Walter presents - Ice Cold Murders: Rocco Schiavone S05

Broadcast in Italy in April now with subtitles, just 4 episodes in the series. I love the backdrop to this show, awesome. 

Can you or @Mutt Daeng   tell me where you downloaded this from as cannot see it on PB or 1337?

- or rather can only see individual episodes on 1337

Edited by topt

9 hours ago, recom273 said:

Oh I see!

# Title Air Date Status

Old acquaintances
Apr 20 2023
WEBDL-1080p

Points of view
Apr 15 2023
WEBDL-1080p

Who leaves and who stays
Apr 13 2023
WEBDL-1080p

The journey continues
Apr 6 2023
WEBDL-1080p

After I posted saying ICM Rocco Schiavone was 8 episodes, I did wonder if if there was an alternative version which was 4 x 2 hour episodes. Now you've confirmed that. I've noticed this a few times before.

Boat Story https://www.imdb.com/title/tt23729238/

Two hard-up strangers stumble across a haul of cocaine on a shipwrecked boat. After agreeing to sell it and split the cash, they become entangled with police, masked hitmen, and a sharp-suited gangster known as 'The Tailor'.

Edit: It's on BBC & Amazon Freevee

Edited by Mike Teavee
  • Thanks 1
  • Agree 1

8 hours ago, BritManToo said:

Faraway Downs (TV mini series) with Nicole Kidman as a widowed Aussie rancher is worth a look if only for the pretty outback scenery. Full season out on the usual sites.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt21158320/

Looks very similar to Australia (2008), same era, director, actors etc but a series, with a better rating.

Edited by LosLobo
  • Thumbs Up 1

7 hours ago, xylophone said:

Of course I grieve for the thousands of servicemen and civilians who were killed and injured in these wars and skirmishes, because it was a complete and utter waste of life in the main, and as I got towards the end of this documentary series, I realised that none of the US presidents or their advisers had any idea of what they were doing, and there was no strategy whatsoever.

What a waste of lives, time and money, without achieving any real change. Sad, and by this post I do not mean to be disengenious to the US service men and women who fought in these wars, because they were doing what they were instructed to do, and they did so in the belief that they were fighting for their country and a better future.

I feel the same about the Vietnam War but more so as it directly impacted my life and that of my family and friends.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, recom273 said:

We watched an Australian movie last night - Talk To Me

Not really my thing, but the missus loved it - if you want a straightforward scary / ghost movie to watch with a Thai partner, not a bad choice. 

I liked it, the dialog was a bit hard to follow. 

• Agree 1

8 hours ago, Yellowtail said:

I liked it, the dialog was a bit hard to follow. 

I find closed captions are helpful with some dialogue.

At the moment, I am finding Hidden Assets Season 2 a bit of a struggle, the English is spoken with a mixture of Irish, Belgian and Spanish accents.

Season 1 had CC's, on season 2 its missing.

The Pike County Murders: A Family Massacre

In April 2016, seven members of the Rhoden family were found dead across three properties on the same street, with the final victim discovered later the same day. Three small children, including a days-old newborn, were found alive at the crime scenes.