What time do you go to sleep? (Poll)

BananaStrong

What time do you go to sleep?  

143 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

1 hour ago, mokwit said:

It changed with age. In thirties 11pm after getting up at 5.15. Then late fourties I got a crushing urge to sleep around 9.30. Now at nearly 60 I go to bed at 7.30 or earlier because my concentration for anything is gone.

Absolutelty agree! Wouldn't watch TV, soaps or films even if they were in English. Sitting in someone's garden enduring karaoke until the early hours doesn't appeal either.

1 hour ago, Kwasaki said:

Well in the afternoon i sometimes get some Zeds,   zzzzzzzz.

Extremely civilized behaviour ! I have been known to do the same at times. Beauty of being retired (mostly) is you just do what the hell you feel ! ????

I remember in my late Teens I was just going out when my parents were going tobed ! All changes with age ????

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

3 minutes ago, CharlieH said:

Extremely civilized behaviour ! I have been known to do the same at times. Beauty of being retired (mostly) is you just do what the hell you feel ! ????

I remember in my late Teens I was just going out when my parents were going tobed ! All changes with age ????

They say that one day you look into the mirror and say "Holy crud, I am my father".  Looking back at my fathers life I definitely do things, well certain things, and have certain mannerisms which are identical.....sigh.

• Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, Will B Good said:

In bed for 9pm....asleep 9:01pm.....drives the wife mad that I can fall fast asleep so quickly.

Used to share a house with a guy who would have won Gold for his ability to sleep, and wake up at the exact time he tells himself.

Parties, music shaking the walls, shouting, screaming - no problem.

Like you he fell asleep as soon as his head hits the pillow - background sounds be Damned

• Haha 1

For me, it all depends if I exercise.    Hard exercise, between 8 and 10 p.m.  No exercise, usually 11.  

I hard exercise, but that's usually with a girl moaning hard during exercise in the early hours of the morning.

1 hour ago, LaosLover said:

down around 10:30, up around 6, killing time waiting for cappuccino to open at 7.

7:15 if I want a croissant too.

Hour to kill ... get some Bon Cafe ground coffee, use a cheap cone drip filter, warm up your milk/cream, cheap frother, and heat up a Makro butter croissant in the toaster over, wrapped in foil.

image.png.6a6873317b07267ce0fab4fafa80723e.png

Strange thing with me is sleep , seriously . Every evening I sit here and around 8pm I am watching a film. But at this time whatever the film I nod off, wife use to say ' Go bed ' ,  I tried this once then wide awake at midnight. Now when 8pm is getting near I have a cup of coffee and ciggy and sit outside .

Don't remember being like this in England but that was nearly 20 years ago. The number of times I have been watching a film , woken up to find something else on.

21 hours ago, worgeordie said:

What time I go to bed and what time i get to sleep is

two different things , why does the OP what this information,

writing a book, or just nosy ......????

regards Worgeordie

hahhaahhahahahahahahhahahah.....you DON'T have to answer, and I didn't put names!!! lol.

I am writing a book...................called "Worgeordie :  Life and Times of a person who sleeps when he wants!!"

Last night 10:30, up a 5:15, ran 15 km (nice weather) and then crashed again for an hour when I got back.  lol.

When you get older, your sleeping habits are strange.   earlier to bed, earlier to rise.   strange.

I remember years of Midnight.........then months at like 2 a.m......then months at 9 pm..........  life.

Just curious when the falang goes to bed.

for me..............i am AMAZING at falling asleep.   almost immediately, every time.   If i wear a smartwatch, yea, it says it takes a little longer, but only maybe ONCE a year I have trouble initially falling asleep.   Now waking up at 2 am and not going back to bed until 3.....yea, that happens.   

• Haha 1

For those of us insomniacs this is an impossible question to answer.

I kinda switched from the usual teenager able to sleep like a cat to a 3-5 hour a night guy when I was at college.

Never been able to break that. I can go to sleep at 7pm or Midnight but I'll wake up ~4 hours later regardless.

I figure I'll die after I run out of daylight waking hours!

I definitely getting around 8 hours of sleep.     If I wear my watch, it's about 3 hours of deep sleep and like 1 or 2 hours (I think 1, forget) of REM sleep.    the rest is light sleep, which might mean I'm sleeping too much?  who knows.

today only easy exercise, no nap.    but I want to get up around 5 am and make coffee and exercise early.....so maybe 9:30 tonight.

it definitely feels cool in the morning, until you start exercising......then it feels nice.

I can't remember the last time I went to bed after 1 a.m.   years, maybe.    and there was a time when I couldn't remember going to bed before midnight.    and then when i was a kid having NO idea why my parents got tired after work.  lol

2 minutes ago, BananaStrong said:

I definitely getting around 8 hours of sleep.     If I wear my watch, it's about 3 hours of deep sleep and like 1 or 2 hours (I think 1, forget) of REM sleep.    the rest is light sleep, which might mean I'm sleeping too much?  who knows.

today only easy exercise, no nap.    but I want to get up around 5 am and make coffee and exercise early.....so maybe 9:30 tonight.

it definitely feels cool in the morning, until you start exercising......then it feels nice.

I can't remember the last time I went to bed after 1 a.m.   years, maybe.    and there was a time when I couldn't remember going to bed before midnight.    and then when i was a kid having NO idea why my parents got tired after work.  lol

Bet you don't really remember dreams.

For us sleep freaks, you basically enter and exit REM sleep for all of your sleep experience, we never go into deep sleep.

Dreams become very real and vivid. I can wake up and it'll take me a few minutes to adjust to reality from my dream state. Hard to explain to normal folks, but we express all sorts of thoughts in our dream state.

Most of you forget dreams folks like me don't

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Sleep is a difficult one for me.

I'm a 3-4 hour a night kinda guy, I can even go a couple of days without any sleep at all.

So the whole concept of when I go to sleep gets kinda murky.

I've all my life tried to creep around the house at the dead of night trying not to wake the rest of the family up at some unGodly hour.

Back in the day I used to watch middle of the night infomercials, I bought a lot of knives!

The internet was a Godsend to my nocturnal activities