Drunk foreigners in frame for destroying Bangkok buffalo art - Brit refuses to pay up or say sorry

webfact

In the Shanghai International Zone in the 1920s and 1930s, the foreign consuls had the power to arrest, jail, and deport their own nationals. The US sent their incorrigibles to Bilibid in Manila or McNeil's Island in Puget Sound. Wouldn't be too bad of an idea, I think, to start doing the same here. It would prevent the lowlifes from bribing their way out of trouble and putting them in real pain.

26 minutes ago, Guitar God said:

I’ve been to over 60 countries and if there’s drunken rowdiness it’s not Germans or Spanish or even loud, entitled  Americans responsible , it’s most often Brits.

We do seem to breed them. This is why I stopped going out years ago. The problem is this sort of behaviour normally goes unpunished. Our legal system is all or nothing. I would like to see a system of minor punishments such as being forced to clean the streets the following Sunday at 3 in the morning for 2 or more weeks with a separate record (to criminal records) made to increase punishment for repeat offenders. Things like weekend curfews would be a good deterrent. 

We do seem to breed them. This is why I stopped going out years ago. The problem is this sort of behaviour normally goes unpunished. Our legal system is all or nothing. I would like to see a system of minor punishments. Such as being forced to clean the streets the following Sunday, at 3 in the morning for 2 or more weeks. A separate record (to criminal records) made so that it is possible to increase punishment for repeat offenders and not affect their futures. Things like weekend curfews would be a good deterrent

Edited by chang1

5 minutes ago, chang1 said:

Our legal system is all or nothing. I would like to see a system of minor punishments such as being forced to clean the streets the following Sunday at 3 in the morning for 2 or more weeks

You mean something like this?

"You may have to do unpaid work in your local community, like removing graffiti. This is called Community Payback.

Community sentences can be given for crimes such as:

* damaging property

* theft

* assault"

https://www.gov.uk/community-sentences

1 hour ago, 1FinickyOne said:
3 hours ago, Neeranam said:

Are you joking? 

We have all done this kind of thing when drunk. 

Absolutely not true... 

But not far off especially when talking about us Brits.

• Love It 1

1 minute ago, Salerno said:

You mean something like this?

"You may have to do unpaid work in your local community, like removing graffiti. This is called Community Payback.

Community sentences can be given for crimes such as:

* damaging property

* theft

* assault"

https://www.gov.uk/community-sentences

Yes, but without the criminal record. Community service or whatever it is called nowadays is very rarely handed out for non violent drunken behaviour. Normally offenders are held until morning in police stations and released with no further action. 

As an example - a friend of mine,  who is a complete <deleted> when drunk, would regularly be held overnight and then released. He was well known to all the local police. Years later he laughs about it and has no shame at all. 

• Like 1

Drunk foreigners in frame for destroying Bangkok buffalo art.

Art alright ,built like everything else in Thailand Below standard .

One should be able to sit on a Bull, Perhaps not if its made from  paper mache paste. 

Would've dissolved with the next rainstorm.