540 drivers have driving license points deducted on 1st day of new system

webfact

If a driver of any motor vehicle/motor cycle etc is stopped the afore should be impounded and only be returned when the owner shows a valid driving licence.. Same with some not wearing a crash hat, they are driving illegally therefore the bike should be impounded.

In the U.K. when a vehicle is impounded there is set time to recover it, if not it’s crushed.

8 hours ago, Pique Dard said:

the non-respect for the red light and the right of way are (among) the common violations, if you ask me

Yes, along with people coming out of side roads on to the main roads without looking.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, KannikaP said:

You obviously do not know what an International Driving PERMIT is.

I am an Asean, my local driving license valids for 30 days driving i Thailand without the need to apply for another International permit. And so do Thais are allowed to use their Thai license to drive in my country for 30 days.

30 minutes ago, arfandy said:

I am an Asean, my local driving license valids for 30 days driving i Thailand without the need to apply for another International permit. And so do Thais are allowed to use their Thai license to drive in my country for 30 days.

So you were asking whether Thai points system should apply to 'foreign' licences regardless of country of origin.

I think that if a foreign driver commits an offence, their licence should be taken from them for a certain length of time depending on the actual offence. Deducted points mean nothing once the licence is not used in Thailand.

But, of course, you've got to offend again or be stopped again to show that you have no licence. 

In UK points are ADDED to the licence for offences, and DUI AUTOMATICALLY gets a 12-18 month ban and fine.

10 hours ago, scubascuba3 said:

As article says it needs strict enforcement incl those with no licence otherwise it's a waste of time

toddlers and underaged, 5 on one scooters are of course exempt all this as its the farangs fault if there is a bump....

12 hours ago, Aussieroaming said:

What a joke. I could stand in front of my condo after breakfast and spot more than 540 violations by the end of the day. Non compliance to road rules here is the norm. Just another layer of RTP BS to watch being abused by the brown shirts for their personal gain. 

You stay in Thailand only for counting?  ;-))

1 minute ago, UbonEagle said:

Sure it will have a lot of issues initially, but once the top brass realise the sort of revenue these things can generate I guarantee they will be enforced and eventually accepted…have seen the full cycle already in Oz and while there are differences it will have much the same effect

and in 20yrs expats here will be grumbling about the nanny state it’s become instead of whinging about the diabolical road standards here ????

Best only do,  one Bong an hour. :stoner:

TIT.

On 1/11/2023 at 9:37 AM, JoePai said:

Just read this in a UK newspaper - this is what should happen here (and worldwide)

****** was said to have no regular income from acting and to be receiving universal credit. She said that she needed her car to take her son to school every day. However, the magistrates banned her from driving for 20 months and fined her £120 with £85 costs and a victim surcharge of £48. She agreed to undertake a drink-driving awareness course that would reduce her driving ban by 20 weeks.

What was she charged with?

On 1/11/2023 at 7:29 PM, UbonEagle said:

Sure it will have a lot of issues initially, but once the top brass realise the sort of revenue these things can generate I guarantee they will be enforced and eventually accepted…have seen the full cycle already in Oz and while there are differences it will have much the same effect

and in 20yrs expats here will be grumbling about the nanny state it’s become instead of whinging about the diabolical road standards here ????

Exactly, they want their candle and eat it. 

On 1/11/2023 at 4:03 PM, KannikaP said:

So you were asking whether Thai points system should apply to 'foreign' licences regardless of country of origin.

I think that if a foreign driver commits an offence, their licence should be taken from them for a certain length of time depending on the actual offence. Deducted points mean nothing once the licence is not used in Thailand.

But, of course, you've got to offend again or be stopped again to show that you have no licence. 

In UK points are ADDED to the licence for offences, and DUI AUTOMATICALLY gets a 12-18 month ban and fine.

Same in Australia 

The police have been ordered to promote discipline among drivers. Ha! Best joke of the day so far. It is more likely that Thai teachers will start encouraging their students to ask questions and to challenge them when they are wrong, than the RTP engaging in any sort of traffic safety. 

On 1/11/2023 at 4:27 PM, Deli said:

Welcome to Pyongyang 2.0  Nobody needs this Western rubbish system here

Exactly, my Lawyer laughs and says to me hey, we learn this stuff from you people.....  yeah, hes right, another 10 years or

so this place will be stifling like other western countries and not a good place to live...  if people here want to change this place to be like

the west we will have to put up all the western <deleted> as well....