Landlord who refuses to do TM30

7 hours ago, SuperSilverHaze said:

Putting aside TM30 if you don't have a contract how can you stay here on O visa extension?

If it's a one time gone6so what. If it may repeat then move.

Simples

I renewed my 1yr extension at beginning of December using my old contract in his other building.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, brianthainess said:

One must wonder why is she EX immigration. 

Maybe for the same reason as a number of posters on this and other forums, she's retired from the Immigration Police/Service and either want to help others or maybe she wants to earn some extra cash.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, GringoSteve said:

I will either go to immigration on Monday or a visa agent to assist, maybe that's best?

Any useful suggestions? 

Don't rent from foreigners renting and working illegally in Thailand.

Obviously he doesn't want to pay income tax or admit to working without a permit.

Edited by BritManToo
  • Thumbs Up 1

22 minutes ago, GringoSteve said:

As already stated, I've stayed in 33 different accommodations in 3.5 years.

12 in Thailand in 16 months.

You would imagine with such vast experience you would be aware of the fundamentals of renting a property in Thailand. 

Does not appear to be the case. 

• Thumbs Up 1

17 hours ago, GringoSteve said:

It's for owners, agents etc NOT renters.

I can't describe myself as owner/manager....maybe as possessor but I think that's stretching a point.

Screenshot_20230114_213209.png

I don't believe you can register as "possesser" either, as that would require a rental contract to show control over the property.  Without that, you "possess" nothing.

My GF registered her rental condo as "possessor" on the Sec.38 app uploading her rental contract, and was then able to register me as residing there.

Just checked with the (now) wife.  She registered with the rental contract and her ID card.  She did not have the owner's ID or the house book.

The owner (a bit slower) also registered all six of her apartments at the same time, and emailed us her login and password for the residence.  We then had two valid registrations for the same condo.

Edited by NoDisplayName

This is interesting. I swear this is true. We were waiting for the agent to get back to us on a condo rental in BKK (first irony). The guy just called. The Malaysian owner despite being a foreigner (doubly irony) is freaked out about TM30 and agent doesn't believe he will provide docs and certainly not immediately. I understand this clearly to mean I should not proceed with any dealings here - just pain and problems ahead.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Is there any reason why you can't do a TM28 with Immigration. This is your way of notifying that you have changed address. You could then report the owner/manager to Immigration for failure to submit a TM30. This workaround worked well for me and Immigration actually completed the TM30 section that goes in my passport and stamped it. 

On 1/14/2023 at 9:42 PM, bbi1 said:

Why hasn't anyone suggested the usual response of just staying at a hotel for a night and then getting the hotel to register your address and print a screenshot before going to immigration? Seems like the easiest & best solution.

Can someone name a HOTEL in greater Bangkok, no more than 3 star,  that understands what a tm30 is.   I keep getting blank stares when i ask about it...... example Red Planet Asoke.

Seems i will be needing one to get a 30 day extension on my 60 day tourist visa.

You say you want peace and quiet! maybe it is quiet but you don't have peace!

Go somewhere else less objectionable. Don't punish yourself for other people's "couldn't care less attitude".

And while you are at it, report him to Immigration

Not having a contract is a disaster waiting to happen!

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Marky Mark Mark said:

Can someone name a HOTEL in greater Bangkok, no more than 3 star,  that understands what a tm30 is.   I keep getting blank stares when i ask about it...... example Red Planet Asoke.

Seems i will be needing one to get a 30 day extension on my 60 day tourist visa.

Tell them you need a copy of the report of your arrival they do online to Immigration.

7 minutes ago, Seeall said:

no contract no pay = easy

this is not that easy if you really like your "new home". my landlord just refused to report anything. I got contract and his blue book and ID card copies, but he demanded I don't send copies to "police". Nice guy, unfortunately paranoiac. 

I've read this kind of report too many times. The only real solution is to make the TM30 registration part of the moving in procedure. No report, no money, that's the last time you have any real leverage to get it done.

My current landlord as well as my previous landlady had the TM30 form ready unprompted, no doubt assisted by the respective condo offices. But if that doesn't happen, you really need to bring up the subject before moving in.

• Like 1

First of all.  I commend you for trying to do the right thing.  But when someone rents a condo and there is a rental contract.  The rental contract is signed before you move in.  Not afterwards.  I don’t care what country it is. That is not the way business is done.  And you should have been given the name and contact information of the actual owner. 
Its very clear something is shady going on in that place.  And these owners could be Chinese investors living in China. 
Im saying condo because you say these “rooms” are owned by individuals.  And many refer to a condo as a room.  If these rooms are rented such as an apartment building or  rooming house.  Then the building  owner owns the rooms .  Not individuals.

Then you say you took a chance moving in for a trial period.  

Like it or not.  You will probably need to move quickly .  Or put up with it if you are not hassled by immigration.  Which you probably will be. 

• Like 2

Every Immigration office will handle it differently better off going directly to your own and ask for their advice.  In Samui they told me it was the landlords responsability and impossible for me to complete it or do anything about it other than report it to Immigration as it must be done online with a login only the landlrd has.

On 1/14/2023 at 10:35 PM, GringoSteve said:

Yes, I've done some reading and Immigrations attitude does seem to be that if you know your TM30 has not been done you have a responsibility/liability also.

Easy solution, pay the fine, get the receipt and provide him with a copy, advising him that you are deducting it from the rent. If he doesn't like it, then say, well you shouldn't be too busy, I warned you and this is how it is, period !

You not having a rental agreement in writing is a major problem, but you already know that, and that is your problem.

On 1/14/2023 at 11:54 AM, GringoSteve said:

Thanks, so do you create account/log in as yourself or as owner?

You need the house code number from blue or yellow owners' book to open an online TM30 account. Also, without a contract you won't be able to renew your retirement extension it is one of the submissions for renewal I believe. I am not sure what deposit you paid but i would default on the rent and utilities to the point of getting your deposit back and walk away. The TM30 is only the start of your problems. I'm an owner of rental condos in Pattaya but my Thai wife acts as the landlord and deals with all condo TM30's done initially and ongoing we have online accounts for each unit you landlord or agent is lazy it takes her 5 minutes to do the TM30 and for retirees or long-term visas it only has to be done once each year when new visa issued not every time you travel. The default might get his response.

If your condo building is nice speak with the management office, they sometimes have units for rent on behalf of owners so you may find another unit in same building. The landlord cannot do anything about default on rent and utilities as there is no agreement. With China now open he may want you out as rents are going up and he may have more Chinese customers paying higher rents for short term rentals.

Well 2 weeks ago I went in to get a 30 day extension.  When I asked for the TM30, my Residence lady at the front desk said "Dont worry, its in the system just go".  So I went and all was in order except guess what?  Yes, they said the TM30 wasn't in the system.  They asked for the phone number here and they called and after the talk she said come back tomorrow because now your landlord was just fined 1,600b for not reporting me.  Immigration lady said they will pay in the morning and for me to come straight to her in the afternoon.  They must have paid it as I walked in straight to her and I was gone in 5 minutes. 

My advice...do not hire anybody......just take a phone/contact number with you of the landlord and they should take care of it......and I am sure your landlord won't like paying the 1,600b.....555555.

Edited by mushroomdave
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1