Saturday Night Fever in Pattaya - What a disappointment

Mickeymaus

28 minutes ago, save the frogs said:

the bars are open air, there's a certain vibe there, some people actually enjoy drinking and talking with the girls.

its not just the sex. 

A lot of guys don’t have sex at all. They just talk, laugh and chitchat.

When “you’re” retired sometimes the “drive” for strenuous activity is not what it “used to be”.

There are pills that can “help”, but they are not without risks, including prolonged “woody’s” lasting for over 4 hrs. If this happens to you please see “your” doctor.

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Mickeymaus said:

Pattaya is "famous" for its sex businesses. You have so many red light areas especially in Central Pattaya. And countless sex tourists come to Pattaya for only one reason. It is Sin City. Sure you can do other things in Pattaya. But you cannot deny the many sex businesses . 

He wasn't.

While I enjoy the company of the local women folk, I would have no problems enjoying Pattaya without them. At my age I am on the cusp of that now.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Lemsta69 said:

you sound as boring as the OP. and you're probably a moralist to boot. oh that's right, agents are bad mmmkay? ????

What is an interesting person to you, a fellow cargo shorted tattooed sex tourist boasting about his special forces career and how much bar girls love him? Maybe one of those teachers who race down there on the weekends from Bkk for the seafood and shopping! Many punters are so dim and desperate they are not even aware that behind the fake smiles and mindless chit chat, most of the girls despise them. The sex scene in Pattaya is a mugs game, as for the rest you can find that in better places like Bang Saen, that even has a real beach and you can go in the sea without fear of an infection. ????

• Haha 1

Pattaya is fine.  I  live here and it will take time to get back to pre-Covid.  Folks are working again, families are eating and that is a plus compared to what these folks had to go through.  Yes, there are many bars opened and not enough foot traffic to fill every bar, but such is life.  The market will determine who survives.  

I can assure you that WS is alive and well and folks (tourists) come there every night to walk, have fun and eat.  Go into most Go Gos and you  will see  Mongers spending money and having fun.  Go to the large clubs like Republic, Myst, etc and you  will see many folks having fun.

It  is not for everyone, but there is a reason why people come back.

38 minutes ago, Taboo2 said:

Yes, there are many bars opened and not enough foot traffic to fill every bar, but such is life. 

Even in the monger heyday, not every bar was filled in Pattaya. Probably the rose-tinted rearview mirror for those who think so. After a lot more bars were built, then even if Pattaya had the same number of tourists, TAT: TVF determined that Pattaya had now "died." Our Economists need to see a business crowded at all times to believe it's making a profit. Otherwise, it must be dying, like all the shopping malls.

Edited by BigStar
  • Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, JimTripper said:

Every time this subject is mentioned people come out and give excuses why they are in Pattaya and mention a bunch of odd activities that could be found anywhere, and much easier elsewhere.

In Thailand, Pattaya has the greatest concentration of activities that may seem odd to you but normal to others. It's also the most convenient place to live outside of Bangkok, but in a far pleasanter, diverse, reasonably priced environment.

1 hour ago, JimTripper said:

It sounds like a husband making excuses why he needs to go into town or stay out late.

Actually, it merely sounds like posters offering up reasons that others find it very important to deny and disparage with silly analogies to justify themselves.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, proton said:

as for the rest you can find that in better places like Bang Saen, that even has a real beach and you can go in the sea without fear of an infection. ????

Like this, you mean? Hey--I'll take Pattaya.

106238947_2955643424552410_6468657797969

Narongchai later wrote on his Facebook that the phenomenon occurs every year from July through September due to southwestern monsoon winds. 

Trash Dumped by Bangkokians Washes Up on Bang Sean Beach

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 1/15/2023 at 1:28 PM, Mickeymaus said:

I really don't go to bars or use entertainers. And my expat friends are the same. If you live for instance in Hamburg you might not go to the infamous Reeperbahn too or/and have fun with hookers. 

Here are many party, sex or/and booze lovers - I know. I ovoid contact with such people. And my expat friends here do the same. This is a different world... 

Why I ended in Pattaya? I lived for instance longer in Patong Phuket. Nice sunsets but a very touristic infrastructure. Pattaya has a good infrastructure for expats. And here is also some normal Thai life and not only tourism.

But I have to admit that I am not a friend of the red light businesses. And it got awful here in Central Pattaya in the last few years. Pattaya seems to love this kind of entertainment. I think more and more often to move to Alicante in Spain. There I can die with dignity - not in the middle of a red light district ????

Don't let the door hit you on the bitt

on the way out.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, newnative said:

Guilty--but giving reasons as to why a place was chosen to live or visit isn't the same thing as 'excuses'.    When choosing a place to live, people generally have some wants and needs--and end up choosing one place over others for those reasons.   

It's very similar to condo or house shopping--generally you have some wants and needs and look for a property that comes closest to meeting them.  If I recall, one of your wants in a condo was a balcony.  The Flybird condo you were considering did not have one.  At that point you decide if it's a deal breaker or not and go from there.   Pattaya has your 'sex scene'.  Was that a deal breaker for my partner and me?  No, because Pattaya met far more of our wants and needs than any other place.

I welcome your choices for other beach cities that are 'easier' (?) and 2 hours or less from Bangkok, have a Central Festival mall and a Terminal 21, have 3 choices for movies in English, 5 hospital choices, at least a dozen different new car dealers, Home Pro, Baan and Beyond, Index, Thai Watsadu, Boonthavorn and Chic Republic, 300 housing estates to choose from, and even more condo projects, restaurants galore with about any kind of food available, sea and boating activities, lots of fresh markets, bakeries, coffee shops, and grocery choices from Makro to Lotus's, to Big C to Villa to Tops, a number of golf courses and three water parks, a zoo and an aquarium, U Tapao and Bangkok airports not far, plus lots more--and a nice expat community to find friends to socialize with.  

Obviously, none of the above will mean anything to you and will just be 'excuses'--since Pattaya is only for the 'sex scene', and any other activities you deem 'odd'.  But, many people have chosen Pattaya for some of the things I mentioned--and others I haven't listed.  And, now I am off to one of my 'odd activities' --a nice swim in my pool, enjoying the delightful weather.

And all of those niceties brought to you by 'the scene' you avoid. Show some respect, man. ????

1 hour ago, frantick said:

And all of those niceties brought to you by 'the scene' you avoid. Show some respect, man. ????

Not really--and if 'those niceties' had to depend solely on the sex scene folk they'd all go belly up.  Those 300 housing estates and the even more numerous  condo projects I mentioned, Central Festival, T21, and all the other very extensive retail of all sorts that I mentioned,  the water parks, the family resorts, all the big, new hotels like Centre Point Space, the hospitals, the restaurants, etc., etc. were not built because or for those coming to visit for the 'sex scene'.  Sorry--but feel free to lay claim to that bar over there.  And, that go go.

• Love It 1