Define Bar girl

DeepBlue90

19 hours ago, Mason45 said:

Hi there, I've lived in Thailand for 22 years and even though I'm married to a Thai my Thai speaking is minimal. I learn't from the old proven KISS method. That being " Keep It Simple Stupid ". So write down the 20-30 most important words you use on a daily basis and work on those until you get them right. If you have a lady friend she'll correct you if you're wrong. Cheers.

I have a list on my phone notes that I use. Have a few hundred phrases. Learning to count to one million has helped alot. Makes it easy to negotiate and buy stuff. And some of the other stuff just gets me into trouble. When you ask what province you are from, or say I only speak a little bit of Thai, they remark that I speak good Thai and they go off saying stuff I cannot comprehend. Speaking phrases is a whole lot different than comprehending. But, it is fun to speak even a little bit. Some effort has to be made. 

• Like 1

On 1/28/2023 at 6:12 PM, richard_smith237 said:

The forum misogynists will be along shorty to tell you that you always pay for it one way or another anyway, so what the difference etc etc... 

I'm not a misogynist by any means ( I loved many many women in LOS ), but we do always pay for it one way or another. I paid far more for the entirety of the sex I got from my first partner, including my house and my nice car, than if I gone with a high priced hooker for the same number of times. Of course that was long before I experienced the delights of LOS. Back when I thought sexless relationships were the norm in western society.

20 minutes ago, spidermike007 said:

I have a list on my phone notes that I use. Have a few hundred phrases. Learning to count to one million has helped alot. Makes it easy to negotiate and buy stuff. And some of the other stuff just gets me into trouble. When you ask what province you are from, or say I only speak a little bit of Thai, they remark that I speak good Thai and they go off saying stuff I cannot comprehend. Speaking phrases is a whole lot different than comprehending. But, it is fun to speak even a little bit. Some effort has to be made. 

In all my years in LOS the only time I needed to speak conversational Thai was when I needed a battery charger in a non English speaking part of town.

Somehow I don't think you have anything about battery chargers on your phone.

• Haha 1

Re the OP, my definition of a bar girl is a female that works in a bar beer or Gogo and is available for conversation or to play those games they keep under the counter. As prostitution is illegal in LOS, they shouldn't be expected to be available for sex, as that is up to them.

If they HAD to go for sex, that would make them hookers or prostitutes, rather than bar girls.

BTW, they do sometimes say no. Some are there just for the wages plus tips/ drinks.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Re the OP, my definition of a bar girl is a female that works in a bar beer or Gogo and is available for conversation or to play those games they keep under the counter. As prostitution is illegal in LOS, they shouldn't be expected to be available for sex, as that is up to them.

If they HAD to go for sex, that would make them hookers or prostitutes, rather than bar girls.

BTW, they do sometimes say no. Some are there just for the wages plus tips/ drinks.

For whatever reason, I am running into bargirls who won't go Long Time with customers, much more than before Covid. Of course, the reason they won't go overnight is they have Thai boyfriends. If they don't go home, there's a good chance their Tilac will spend the night with another lady.

• Thanks 1

Any lady inside a bar who is available for customers is a bargirl. Doesn't matter if she is paid hourly, daily, weekly or month. Doesn't matter if she is a freelancer.

If she is outside the bar, ie working the street, then she isn't a bargirl.

If you meet a lady in a bar, and she is alone but won't accept a drink from you, then she probably isn't a bargirl.

I think generally they are from very poor families.

Bar girls are still stunning, great women.

In my village there are 2 girls I know,

who their folks paid big baht to get them jobs at a school. Both of them thick as planks.Edumaction????????

On 1/28/2023 at 12:12 PM, richard_smith237 said:

The forum misogynists will be along shorty to tell you that you always pay for it one way or another anyway, so what the difference etc etc... 

I'm not a misogynist but the OP will always pay for it one way or another anyway, so what the difference etc etc... 

On 1/28/2023 at 8:32 AM, GinBoy2 said:

I loved the 'speaks English' as a fatal tell as a bar girl.

My wife grew up in Chicago, sounds a lot like me, but with an obnoxious Midwest twang.

But now I know she must be a bar girl, thinking of putting her out on the streets to earn a few extra bucks!

So the old girl had her 55th birthday today, so I'm thinking of teaming up with a local restaurant for the Senior Citizen, 4pm buffet and a hooker special 

5 minutes ago, sidjameson said:

And men don't?

I just want to bang them as much as I can for as little expense as possible.

Do some men have a different agenda?

She wants as much as she can get for as little effort (in bed) as possible.

Do some women have a different agenda?

Edited by BritManToo
  • Thumbs Up 1

On 1/28/2023 at 2:31 PM, JeffersLos said:

Not only the girls.

For example, I'm also for sale, if any females on here are interested in a 62 year old American with a 48 inch waist. 

Does the female have to pay child support when you give birth?

1 hour ago, BritManToo said:

In bed you say?

I must remember to try that.

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, BritManToo said:

I've heard a rumour that in a dictionary, between the words liar and lust, there is this other word called love. Not sure I believe in it myself but others mention it.

• Haha 1

Bar girls in Thailand come in all shapes, sizes and characters. Some are doing the job because they like it, others because they can't find any other way to make money. Some are honest, some not. I have two friends from the UK who married Thai girls from pretty low dives but both have remained happily together for over 30 years. Another, though, was cheated rotten by a girl from a similar background. Main message- take your time, watch your money, and don't commit to anything until you have fully tested the integrity of a potential partner or long term girlfriend.

• Like 1

On 1/28/2023 at 12:37 PM, connda said:

Virtually all woman world-wide are 'for sale.'  You just need to understand the nature of the type of remuneration they desire.

And every males is a hopeless slave to the furry sausage wallet, and usually happy to pay through the nose for the privilege of depositing his money in it, among other things 

5 minutes ago, MadMuhammad said:

The johns I’ve met in Thailand are by far some of the biggest bull<deleted>ters on the planet. It’s absolutely 50/50 

No doubt that customers lie, too. In some ways, they do more damage to the ladies with their lies than the ladies do to customers.

• Thumbs Up 1