My husband of 48 years keeps disappearing to Thailand and sending hundreds of pounds there every month - but when I question him he says it's 'none of my business'

webfact

1 hour ago, RamenRaven said:

That's like saying "rent, don't buy."

Not always true. Depends on your situation.

Renting is better for some. Buying is better for some. Some can live with either choice.

There's no one size fits all solution.

You rent or buy property. Got nothing to do with marriage. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

This guy in  the story is being probably being unfaithful and spending money on prostitutes.

The guy in the story is at fault , not his Wife

Too right! The post was covered in pustules in my opinion and made me almost wretch.

10 hours ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

This guy in  the story is being probably being unfaithful and spending money on prostitutes.

The guy in the story is at fault , not his Wife

Too right! The post was covered in pustules in my opinion and made me almost wretch.

27 minutes ago, Isaan sailor said:

So many of us came here seeking fun, companionship and adventure.  The difference for me at least—American wife had already divorced me three years prior (and managed to take a hefty chunk of my retirement savings).

I thought western women took care of home and kids while their men working? Unless she also working and contributed to common wealth? 

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, Andycoops said:

You don't have to be a nuclear scientist to know what is going on.

Exactly, an anonymous "caller" with an unlikely and unrealistic situation.  Well done, This Morning, and the Daily Mail, on doing a  "Thaivisa-poster"...making up the entire thing for views.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

8 minutes ago, hotchilli said:

He'll just bang on the door until she lets him in..

make it crystal clear, go to Thailand, don't come back.

What if it's his house?

Most couples this age have little or no positive feelings for each other, they just co-habit and share housing costs.

Edited by BritManToo
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Hummin said:

It is called love, and you will still love the person as you both grow older, and hopefully she will accept my 15 years lead on her age as I become not so hansume anymore, but hopefully a great husband she do not want to loose.

Yes, sometimes that happens.

But there are many cases, I am sure many can be told by members here, where the wonderful girl became a demanding wife after they married. And because of divorce laws many men have to live with that or lose a lot, sometimes everything.

With some people we think we see in advance that the marriage won't last. But with others we think all looks fine. Until the moment it doesn't look so good anymore.

And whatever happens and for whatever reason it happens it seems most of the time the guy loses a lot.

So, IMHO, avoid! 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, OneMoreFarang said:

Yes, sometimes that happens.

But there are many cases, I am sure many can be told by members here, where the wonderful girl became a demanding wife after they married. And because of divorce laws many men have to live with that or lose a lot, sometimes everything.

With some people we think we see in advance that the marriage won't last. But with others we think all looks fine. Until the moment it doesn't look so good anymore.

And whatever happens and for whatever reason it happens it seems most of the time the guy loses a lot.

So, IMHO, avoid! 

Well I I know deleted happens, but to be true, both parts sacrifice their valuable time, and if it is not worth it, who have the advantage in Thailand? The older man or a younger woman who have to start all over again? 

We have a deal me and my wife, she keeps whats in her name in Thailand, I keep everything else, meaning bikes, car, and assets in Norway. No trouble clear deal

And of course no kids involved. I understand things can change and most likely will change, but the mentality to just change for a few kg and wrinkles? Both parts getting outdated sooner or later. 

Anyway invest common sense in the relationship, thats all I can say, or do not invest at all.

• Like 2

I feel sorry for her. It looks like she can't understand or absorb what is happening. So many balding, fat old wrinkled men come to Thailand and are taken in by Thai girls as young, or younger, than their granddaughters. Julie has been thrown on the scrapheap by someone who is her own age and perhaps because she just doesn't look like she did 48 years ago. 

She should hire a Thai detective to take incriminating pictures and clean out her old man's bank account (if she has access), sell the house and move into a flat. He deserves everything coming to him. ????

• Confused 1
  • Sad 2

12 hours ago, spidermike007 said:

There are two sides to every story. Personally, I don't understand why he wouldn't just get a divorce. But, it is very possible he has not had sex at home in years. And there could be multiple issues. She would be smart to just let him do his thing. 

There are 3 sides to every story, more in Thailand. 

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, HuskerDo2 said:

You are a fool. Your stupidity is beyond belief. You come to a msg board to find some sort of sympathy? It's OBVIOUS what he's doing there. There are so many stupid people in the world and you are towards the top of the list. No wonder why he's looking for other female companionship. 

Absolutely incredibly bizarre post.

You may want to consider where the post came from - I don't believe the 70yo British woman specifically came to post her story on Thaivisa, it's a reprint of a newspaper article. Now that would be...foolish? Stupid? Where might you be on the list? No wonder you came here looking for other female companionship. Absolutely dumb post.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Lol ,he’s participating  in a affair madam! He’s probably shaggin a young Thai bird.
How do I know this because “ he says its none of your business”.

Edited by riclag

2 hours ago, BritManToo said:

And as we all know, women always stick to their end of the deal.

Believe women!

Trust is something you earn, and you also can see her family, and how they are as humans. 

A marriage contract with witnesses is a valid document where I come from. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, NanLaew said:

And after he moves to Thailand full-time, his Thai wife will withdraw her services while her brother drives around in the Fortuner.

Winning.

What makes you think he's going to treat any Thai wife better than the old model?

When your husband leaves - book your own tour.

Female sex tourism destination:
Greece, Italy, Spain and Croatia in Southern Europe to various Caribbean Islands such as the Dominican Republic, Jamaica and Cuba, it is something that occurs in various pockets of the world. Costa Rica, Thailand, Fiji, the Gambia, Kenya

Edited by connda