Sedan Driver Mistakes Green Light for Red Light Before Colliding into Another Sedan

snoop1130

10 minutes ago, KannikaP said:

Quite often the red/green light for turning right is directly above the left hand lanes, so it is possible to make that mistake.

Yes. There is a turn on highway 340 Sri Racha.

It is a blind turn.

And then there a set of confusing traffic lights.

Always check rear view mirror.????????

• Confused 2

Correction: she mistook the red light for a green light, not the other way round.

Of note: there are numerous intersections where lights are stacked one above, or adjacent to, each other. The ahead light goes green, but the right turn light stays red, and vice versa. I was involved in a head on collision with a driver who made the same mistake, on Chelsea embankment of all places. Made an oncoming right, right in front of me. Kapow! At combined speeds of 40mph. Yes, it can and does happen. Our brains swap things around. Red and green are complementary colours.

• Thanks 1

14 hours ago, Denim said:

Hmmm......color tests are part of the driving license exam.  Not much of an excuse. Was she also seeing things double at 3.00 am ?

I don't think she actually confused the two colours. I'm colour blind but can still differentiate between green and red.

15 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

and claimed that she had mistaken a green light for a red light.

Should this not be the other way round ie she mistook a RED light for a GREEN.

Whatever, get her off the road asap.

• Like 2

15 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

A sedan ran a red light and crashed into another vehicle, causing it to ram into a sign pole. The driver was unharmed and claimed that she had mistaken a green light for a red light.

Half the population have this affliction.

16 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

A sedan ran a red light and crashed into another vehicle, causing it to ram into a sign pole. The driver was unharmed and claimed that she had mistaken a green light for a red light.

Eh!

Doesn't make sense, if she had mistaken a green light for red she should have stopped, and it wouldn't of mattered if she ran the light it would have been green anyway.

So you run a red light even when it's green.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1

The driver was obviously scrambling for an excuse under extreme stress.  Personally, I would have gone with the "confused the brake pedal with the gas pedal" option.   Marginally more plausible.

• Like 1