NY grand jury votes to indict Donald Trump, sources tell CNN

Scott

3 hours ago, eisfeld said:

I'm pretty sure their strategy is to go slow but steady. First they brought charges against things in his vicinity and checked how that goes. The result was the conviction of the Trump Organization on 17 criminal charges and a few people around him. Now they are bringing criminal charges directly against him but starting with the smallest case. The hammer will fall later. It's a very delicate and unprecedented thing. They'll need to handle it carefully and strategically.

Who is "they"?

• Sad 1

6 minutes ago, jvs said:

He could even be elected while in jail!

Will his friends come see him?Now that would be very funny,Xi,Putin and Kim all coming to see him in his cell.

My understanding and this has of course never been tested is that if elected president while in prison, he would be let out as long as he is president. Of course trump would become a president for life as he's obviously a wannabe dictator so that would take care of it.

Also the new president if not him could pardon him like Nixon was pardoned.

• Confused 2

Interesting Newsweek Op-Ed on Biden giving Trump a pardon.

https://www.newsweek.com/president-biden-should-give-trump-pardonprecisely-because-he-doesnt-deserve-one-opinion-1790584.

I recall there was some discussion about whether he secretly gave himself a pardon in the final days of his term in office. Also if that is even a possibility. Maybe we are about to find out..........

8 minutes ago, Gecko123 said:

People who are arguing that indicting Trump is unseemly and makes America look like a "banana republic" are basically saying that a different standard should be applied to him which goes against "no one is above the law." They're also forgetting that the case will be tried in front of a jury and be scrutinized by the press and public every step of the way.

This Opens the door for the republicans to do the same to HRC and the Biden clan also.

• Sad 2
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

16 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

My understanding and this has of course never been tested is that if elected president while in prison, he would be let out as long as he is president. Of course trump would become a president for life as he's obviously a wannabe dictator so that would take care of it.

Also the new president if not him could pardon him like Nixon was pardoned.

He’s indicted in NY under NY statutes.

The tenth amendment does not permit a presidential pardon of state convictions.