Intoxicated Man Beats Friend to Death in Phuket Over A Rude Comment

webfact

image.jpeg

By Goongnang Suksawat

Thalang – An intoxicated man beat his friend to death while they were drinking alcohol near a reservoir in Thalang. The murder was reportedly after the victim made a rude comment to the suspect.

The Thalang Police told the Phuket Express that they were notified of the incident on Sunday (April 23rd) near the Bang Naew Dam Reservoir in Baan Manik, Sri Soonthorn.

Police, rescue workers, and the Phuket Express arrived at the scene at a rubber plantation to find the body of a man covered in dried blood near a small hut. No identification card was found with him. Police believed that the man died at least two days before his body was found.

Investigators were called to the scene to determine the identity of the deceased and local villagers were called to the area to answer questions.

Full story: https://thephuketexpress.com/2023/04/24/intoxicated-man-beats-friend-to-death-in-phuket-over-a-rude-comment/

image.jpeg
-- © Copyright The Phuket Express 2023-04-25

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

The most versatile and flexible rental investment and holiday home solution in Thailand - click for more information.

• Sad 3
  • Love It 1

Although Tham claimed the insult was just banter and a joke, Taksin said he was enraged by the comment and subsequently beat Tham to death with a nearby iron bar. The exact comment was not shared by Taksin

Your G/F says mines bigger than yours, more than likely 

• Love It 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, spidermike007 said:

I know I look like a man. I smell like a man. But, I am not a man. I stopped developing into an adult, at the age of 13. To compound that, I have absolutely no self esteem. So, even though you were my friend, when you insulted me I had to kill you. I did not have a choice. Oops. There goes my life too. 

This is Thailand.

I doubt there will be any reports after this initial one...........but it would be interesting to see what the sentence might be.

Mentioned this before on here...............my wife's uncle (drunk) murdered his neighbour,  mistakenly thinking the neighbour was having an affair with his wife.

Her uncle was sentenced to five years!!!!

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

4 hours ago, hotchilli said:

Lao Kao and  a thin skin, not a good combination.

This is why we shouldn't stay in the (typically rural) low socioeconomic areas.

This type of thing is far less common in more civilized parts of the country, like Bangkok.

Edited by 2009
  • Haha 2

5 hours ago, spidermike007 said:

I know I look like a man. I smell like a man. But, I am not a man. I stopped developing into an adult, at the age of 13. To compound that, I have absolutely no self esteem. So, even though you were my friend, when you insulted me I had to kill you. I did not have a choice. Oops. There goes my life too. 

It is important to kill people in Thailand.

One less road death.????????

More than a decade ago I used to live near this lake.  I know this exact spot.  There was a walking trail in through the jungle to a spot where you can jump off a small cliff into the water.  It was a real gem to find something like this in Phuket.  The lake backs onto a mountain, is entirely surrounded by jungle, and has very clear water.  I often used to take Thai girls that I dated there on the first date to have a picnic and a swim.  It was lovely, serene, and like the modern world never existed.

About a year after I discovered this spot, Thai youths started coming there to cook kratom.  They built a couple of humpies out of scrap iron and wood.  And then the tiny spot atop the cliff, and the surrounding jungle, was transformed into a giant trash heap. For those that do not know, when they make the kratom drink, they make a fire and boil the leaves, cool the resulting tincture with ice, and then add cough syrup for its Pseudoephedrine and Coke to sweeten the brew.

A beautiful and secluded spot was transformed into a garbage tip of plastic bags, hundreds of coke and cough medicine bottles, mostly smashed, and pieces of innertube used to start the fires. 

Thai society is on its last legs.

• Sad 2

4 minutes ago, 2009 said:

This is why we shouldn't stay in the (typically rural) low socioeconomic areas.

This type of thing is far less common in more civilized parts of the country, like Bangkok.

Bangkok has lots of murders. More than anywhere else.

• Confused 1

5 minutes ago, bignok said:

Bangkok has lots of murders. More than anywhere else.

Seems like you stated a fact (bolded for emphasis) without providing a source to prove it, as per forum rules. ????

3 hours ago, Sticky Rice Balls said:

ive actually said to others its a country of 13 yr old mindset..sadly

Sadly I think (after 10+ years living here) that is true.

Thai people seem to me to be uneducated and that goes hand in hand with common sense.

Thai people seem generally not more stupid than Aussies or whoever.

Thousands of people in our village can do/fix XYZ.

But their mindset/ future thinking can be of a 13 year old.

Ride the BTS and see the masks... ..they just can not let go.????????

• Like 1