RIP Ubon Joe - ASEAN NOW visa expert

True, UJ was patient as a Saint.   Prior to him, Lopburi3 was the TV Forum guru who had all (most) of the answers.

Big shoes to fill, in any case.

Edited by CharlieH
Speculative commentary removed
  • Like 2

RIP UbonJoe.  Now I understand why we haven't heard much from him as of late.  He was just an incredibly selfless, helpful moderator.  He'll be missed by most of us.  Prayers for him and his family.  ????

• Like 2

On 5/6/2023 at 3:09 PM, nchuckle said:

Despite being a confirmed atheist I wouldn’t be entirely surprised to see an Ubon Joe post with guidance on how to obtain that final and everlasting "Retirement visa" . Guessing most here would wisely follow that advice …even me ! 
Thanks Joe ???? 

I'm sure he could help us all get our visas to heaven now.  ????  <fond smile>

• Like 2

Truly sad news for so many of us.

As with voices on the radio in the past, prior the internet, where I would conjure up a picture of the speaker from his / her voice, so I imagined Ubon Joe, but from his proficient and  prompt, to the point, and knowledgeable replies   . His sheer volume of responses conjured up someone in his 40s to me. A person with experience but still full of energy.

In fact he was much older,

altruistic to the end.

Edited by bannork
  • Like 2

"Short Illness"? What exactly happened to him?

Irreplacable. A major loss for ASEAN NOW. Just to think that folks will have to interpret Visa Matters by way of cumbersome official visa websites is a nightmare.

• Like 1

Having lurked in these parts since 2006 myself, the least I can do to recognize Joe's value to the community in general and to me specifically is to make an effort to tap out a tribute to him and his wisdom and clarity of perception -- qualities that lit up an area that can be daunting at best and threatening to people unable to see through smokescreens as easily as he. Requiescat in pace, Ubon Joe.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1