Thailand’s experiment with weed goes up in smoke

snoop1130

31 minutes ago, stoner said:

i have a body rub cream that would probably change your mind. 0 high and so far after years of using 0 side effects. 

works in minutes. 

I used indomethacin 25 mg tablet from the pharmacy OTC at 1.5 baht per tablet 3 times a day.

My knee pain was gone in 4 days.

My back pain is related to a work accident which buggered my spine and back in 1982 and will never get better.

I just live with it.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, JimTripper said:

There’s something odd about older people getting stoned. Just feels weird.

I met up with an old guy who'd been selling me weed the year before in Cambodge. Him and his mates invited me to sit down and have a smoke.

So I sat down and said "I've given up''

'Oh, ok, have a beer then.'

"I've given that up too''

He then actually said, "You don't drink, don't smoke, what do you do?"

Which, if you're in the know was a great song we used to sing and dance to back in the early 80s.

• Haha 1

20 hours ago, Mitkof Island said:

And what happens to all the Thais that spent money creating shops etc?

The ones I knew were making a lot of money in a short time and nearly all of them were intelligent and positive people. I think most of them will have realised the situation wasn't stable and invested elsewhere.

Soon the hype is gone, and everything getting normal about weed, and will create less teouble than alcohol, but more control is needed, both for the economy and health of those who struggle with severe mental health issues.

2 hours ago, sungod said:

Really, you obviously know nothing about having a causal puff/ the odd edible then.

The problem with the whole debate is that people (like you)  who do not even understand the effects are passing their own moral judgement over those who do.

You smoke for the taste? Eat a brownie/cookie for that flavor?

I'm willing to bet 95% or more of those who use weed do so with the intent of getting high, not to enjoy 'hints of black currant and licorice'.

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

19 hours ago, transam said:

The weed thing was a bad idea to start with, it is an easy money venture that a huge number jumped straight on the bandwagon.

Anyone with half a brain knows weed shops were a bad idea, as if there weren't enough junkies in LOS as it is.

But, losing their weed shop will be no different to the bars and coffee shops that come and go in short order, with no thought, just borrow and lose by the thousands...????

On CNN the neurosurgeon Dr Sanjay Gupta made detailed reports that unitl now nobody died of overdose cannabis and that it helps a lot of people for pain management (you can find on Youtube under the name "Weed")

I believe cannabis is very damaging for the longs if you smoke it but I see no problem to swallow it / I never touched it but I would like to be availabe in case I am affecting by a long and painful illness.

However I agree also that the business should be strongly regulated.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, fvw53 said:

On CNN the neurosurgeon Dr Sanjay Gupta made detailed reports that unitl now nobody died of overdose cannabis and that it helps a lot of people for pain management (you can find on Youtube under the name "Weed")

I believe cannabis is very damaging for the longs if you smoke it but I see no problem to swallow it / I never touched it but I would like to be availabe in case I am affecting by a long and painful illness.

However I agree also that the business should be strongly regulated.

Vaping weed in a dry herb vape is not as unhealthy as smoking.

Also to note there is no need to hold in the smoke or vape. 

• Thumbs Up 1

21 hours ago, Mitkof Island said:

And what happens to all the Thais that spent money creating shops etc?

Pretty sure it's not only Thais opening these shops. There might be a girlfriend fronting it, but many will have a foreigner doing the planning and financing.

1 hour ago, SenorTashi said:

I met up with an old guy who'd been selling me weed the year before in Cambodge. Him and his mates invited me to sit down and have a smoke.

So I sat down and said "I've given up''

'Oh, ok, have a beer then.'

"I've given that up too''

He then actually said, "You don't drink, don't smoke, what do you do?"

Which, if you're in the know was a great song we used to sing and dance to back in the early 80s.

Seems popular on here to change the drug of choice subject anytime grass is mentioned.

So, I tried tripping after I got out of college and bad tripped on that too. So I no longer do that either.

• Confused 1
  • Haha 1

16 minutes ago, transam said:

Oh, so you take the stuff like medicine, to alter your demeanour.   ????

Is it different from having a beer, cos I like beer, though not too bothered if it alters my demeanour or not......:burp:

Oh yes, beer. ????????‍♂️ What about coffee, do you get the jitters from it. I mean grass, sorry. I mean beer.

Anyone else notice how calm it is outside today? Feels like i’m in a different country. No alcohol sales today ????????‍♂️.

Everyone either decided to stay home, or they just shut up. Can’t decide which it is.

Edited by JimTripper
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, JimTripper said:

Oh yes, beer. ????????‍♂️ What about coffee, do you get the jitters from it. I mean grass, sorry. I mean beer.

Coffee every morning, can't say it does anything for me except I like the flavour...

Jitters, no, can't say I get the jitters with beer or coffee.....????

Sorry though, if beer or coffee gives you the jitters..............:whistling:

• Like 1

Off topic baiting and trolling posts have been removed.  The topic is not about alcohol, or other drugs or driving. Stay on Topic which is

Thailand’s experiment with weed goes up in smoke

Should you decide to post off topic, trolling and baiting posts again those posts will be removed without a notice being given by the moderation team.

1 hour ago, Walker88 said:

You smoke for the taste? Eat a brownie/cookie for that flavor?

I'm willing to bet 95% or more of those who use weed do so with the intent of getting high, not to enjoy 'hints of black currant and licorice'.

Did I say that?