Unidentified Foreign Man Dies After Motorbike Crash in Pattaya

webfact

image.jpeg

By Goongnang Suksawat

Pattaya – A male foreign rider was pronounced dead at the scene after a motorbike crash in Pattaya.

The Pattaya City Police were notified of the accident at 3:30 P.M. on Saturday (May 20th) at a curve on Jomtien Second Road. They and the Pattaya News arrived at the scene to find a damaged Honda CBR 300cc motorbike on the road. Nearby rescue teams and Pattaya police found the body of a male foreigner.

A helmet was found at the scene but it was unclear if the rider had been wearing the helmet or not when the accident took place.

Witnesses told the Pattaya News that the motorbike rider was driving at high speed and swaying badly before losing control at a curve and crashing into the footpath.

Full story: https://thepattayanews.com/2023/05/20/unidentified-foreign-man-dies-after-motorbike-crash-in-pattaya/

PattayaNews.jpg
-- © Copyright The Pattaya News 2023-05-22

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

The most versatile and flexible rental investment and holiday home solution in Thailand - click for more information.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 2

9 minutes ago, SAFETY FIRST said:

This road is a widow maker 

Lots and lots of foreigners losing their life on this road. 

And the wise administration does nothing.

Enabling warp speed through populated areas is irresponsible.

Remember one Thai girl killed in front of the lively Rompo market (not on the "remote" parts of the road).

1 hour ago, bje2000 said:

They're a warning in the lead up to pedestrian/zebra crossings

They are to "prevent" vehicles from parking or loading/unloading in those areas; blocking the vision of pedestrians crossing the road.

1 hour ago, brianthainess said:

Correct but these look like 200 meters long.

If I saw them I would immediately slow down as I have no idea what they represent.

I would be quite cautious as most of us would be.

1 hour ago, SAFETY FIRST said:

This road is a widow maker 

Lots and lots of foreigners losing their life on this road. 

I drove that road yesterday. Very dangerous. Loads of idiots driving way too fast for the conditions, tailgating, weaving in and out of traffic etc., just to be in front. Not only foreigners, a Thai in a pickup and a minivan were the worst culprits from what I experienced. 

2 hours ago, webfact said:

Witnesses told the Pattaya News that the motorbike rider was driving at high speed and swaying badly before losing control at a curve and crashing into the footpath.

Another one gone... 

32 minutes ago, Mr Meeseeks said:

I drove that road yesterday. Very dangerous. Loads of idiots driving way too fast for the conditions, tailgating, weaving in and out of traffic etc., just to be in front. Not only foreigners, a Thai in a pickup and a minivan were the worst culprits from what I experienced. 

It's true what you say about the Thais being worse as Thais way outnumber the foreigners.

It is really weird to read regular reports about foreigners dying, it's one of the newest main roads in jomtien, ever since the road was open foreigners have made the media with their many deaths. 

They've made the road even more dangerous now. Roadworks, heading south just before soi Watboon, all southbound traffic has been diverted to the northbound lanes. 

Edited by SAFETY FIRST

4 hours ago, KhunBENQ said:

Chicken run for pedestrians crossing.

Never never rely on pedestrian traffic lights or zebra!

An elderly foreigner driving a pickup had an accident not too long ago, hit and run. 

The cops found him, he apologized but unable to pay, if remember he had no money. 

I'd like to know the outcome on this issue. ????

Edited by SAFETY FIRST
  • Thumbs Up 1

8 hours ago, VocalNeal said:

I don't know but don't brake there when it is raining.????

I would think with all the paint it would be slippery even without rain especially when many vehicles are being driven with bald tires.