Luxury Car with Red License Plate Involved in Hit-and-Run Incident, Leaving woman with a Disfigured Face

webfact

image.jpeg

Picture: Sanook

Sattahip District, Chonburi Province: A 35-year-old woman named Miss Sosang filed a complaint with the media and provided CCTV footage to assist in tracking down the driver of a car involved in a hit-and-run incident.

The incident occurred late in the evening on May 18 when she was riding her Vespa scooter with a red license plate numbered 9949, heading home, reported Sanook.

Upon reaching the accident site on Praphanimit Road, near Mitre Kamon Intersection, a white luxury car, an Aston Martin, collided with her vehicle and caused her to fall.

She sustained injuries all over her body and face, while she herself was unaware of provoking the other party or why they had collided, despite riding close to the roadside throughout.

image.jpeg

Picture: Sanook

After the collision, there was no stopping or checking for injuries, even though the other party was driving a luxury car worth over 10 million baht. 

As a preliminary step, Miss Sosang reported the incident as evidence, and the investigating officers informed her that they would examine the surveillance camera footage to identify the other party's license plate.

However, she understands that it may not be easy to track down the other party and proceed with legal action.

asean_now_BB.jpg

-- © Copyright  ASEAN NOW 2023-05-23

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

The most versatile and flexible rental investment and holiday home solution in Thailand - click for more information.

Get your business in front of millions of customers who read ASEAN NOW with an interest in Thailand every month - email [email protected] for more information
  • Sad 3

6 minutes ago, Denim said:

Why ? If they have the license plate number should not be that difficult . Plus , as Jacko observes , white Aston Martins are a lot rarer than a bronze Vios. 

it's just that unfortunately the cameras weren't working at that time. 

• Confused 2

47 minutes ago, mikebell said:

IF Plod's heart was in this search, the Aston Martin's driver would be arrested within an hour.  They managed to track four jailbreakers over 500 kms + a change of vehicle.  A prominent (AKA rich) local however is another matter.

probably Plod's boss

• Like 2

2 hours ago, webfact said:

As a preliminary step, Miss Sosang reported the incident as evidence, and the investigating officers informed her that they would examine the surveillance camera footage to identify the other party's license plate.

A direct Google translate from link reads:

The police asked me to look for the camera and the registration number myself.

1 hour ago, Smokey and the Bandit said:

It cannot be difficult to find this car, an Aston Martin with red plates, that has minor damage?

All the RTP have to do is some actual work?

Oh...  but  I bet they’ve already done the work !!!...... 

... A guy driving an Aston Martin... I bet then found him within the hour !!!....    now they can all go out and have a good time.... :whistling:

• Thumbs Up 1

If it were myself, or any member of my family, I would not have difficulty tracking down this creep. And he would spend the rest of his life paying for this, in an unbelievably painful, and humiliating fashion. No holds barred. You commit a crime like this, you flee the scene, and all bets are off.

• Haha 2

There can't be that many people who own an Aston Martin, a new one with red plates with accident damage would certainly stand out.

All the RTP would need to do is contact Aston Martin dealerships, there cannot be that many,  and find out who has purchased one recently? Then check them out?

• Thumbs Up 1