Phuket immigration issues yellow cards to Thai landlords and foreigner

webfact

1 minute ago, NE1 said:

Probably for this.

27 minutes ago, webfact said:

Section 38 of the Immigration Act mandates that house owners, heads of households, landlords, or hotel managers accommodating foreign nationals temporarily must notify the local immigration authorities within 24 hours from the time of the foreign national’s arrival.

Expand  

Well that's not an offence "committed by foreign nationals renting accommodation from them". That's an offence they themselves have committed. But you're probably right; I guess that may be what the article is referring to.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mokwit said:

Photo evokes someone being led away by a 1970's South American death squad.

This OTT assault rifle armed, masked, black fatigues look that came in during the Military govt is not a good look.

Maybe they were attempting to intimidate the poor guy? ????

Your absolutely right!

24 minutes ago, BEngBKK said:

Do I need to do TM38 when I return to my own house? (i have yellow book and pink id)

It used to be required even if you were returning to your own condo not doing so, fine B800 I think not necessary now. 

• Love It 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, webfact said:

Twenty-three foreigners were arrested during the same month for various violations classified under Group 4, which pertain to offences against the state. Additionally, nine landlords or property managers were arrested for failing to register their foreign tenants, as required by Section 38 of the Immigration Act

It is a two-way street.

Tackle the foreigners and the landlords.

• Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Sydebolle said:

It will fan further racism and hatred against those dirty farang and alien; but maybe that is what the whole thing is about.

Wait what? I don't know any Thais that are racist against farang. If anything, Thai landlords are exhausted with dealing with immigration and bureaucracy, not tired of farangs renting  their homes. I've never heard of a landlord or hotel that wouldn't let a farang stay there because they are a farang with a foreign passport.

Edited by creative1000
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, webfact said:

Section 38 of the Immigration Act mandates that house owners, heads of households, landlords, or hotel managers accommodating foreign nationals temporarily must notify the local immigration authorities within 24 hours from the time of the foreign national’s arrival.

So, my Thai wife has built and is registered as the owner of a property in Issan, which I, as a foreign national, will be staying in temporarily when we visit relatives in the coming years.  Just asking for the sake of clarification; will she need to notify the authorities of my arrival within 24 hours?

• Confused 1
  • Love It 1

1 hour ago, BEngBKK said:

Do I need to do TM38 when I return to my own house? (i have yellow book and pink id)

Only when you've re-entered Thailand after being out of the country. Some on here will say you don't need to, but I've had friends get in strife with Immigration for not doing so.

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, Trevor Collins said:

So, my Thai wife has built and is registered as the owner of a property in Issan, which I, as a foreign national, will be staying in temporarily when we visit relatives in the coming years.  Just asking for the sake of clarification; will she need to notify the authorities of my arrival within 24 hours?

Yes

• Confused 1
  • Sad 2

1 hour ago, creative1000 said:

Wait what? I don't know any Thais that are racist against farang. If anything, Thai landlords are exhausted with dealing with immigration and bureaucracy, not tired of farangs renting  their homes. I've never heard of a landlord or hotel that wouldn't let a farang stay there because they are a farang with a foreign passport.

I have a big group of family and friends all Thai and I would say none of them are racist towards me, infact the opposite and often they come down to Phuket for a few days none of them come empty handed always bring some cake or chocolate, One a few weeks ago sent me a football shirt from Buriram, 

My immediate neighbours are all Thai and a bunch of Burmese live there and I take a walk down the soi to shop people always speak "Sawat Dee" people always ask my wife papa ok?  

• Like 2

6 hours ago, webfact said:

Twenty-three foreigners were arrested during the same month for various violations classified under Group 4, which pertain to offences against the state.

I'd like to see a list of these crimes against the state, unless of course it's an offence against the state to publish such a list - which wouldn't surprise me.

6 hours ago, JayClay said:

...what?

This almost sounds like politcal crapola.  

The one thing that I find interesting is the failure to complete the paperwork for foreigner staying at the residence.  I thought this was all on the computer.

It must be mom-and-pop shops that have a room and have been sliding under the radar.

The one thing that amazes me is how much the defamation laws affect what happens and what is said.