How to transfer internal data from one smartphone to another ?

fvw53

I have a 10 year old Samsung smartphone and I plan to buy Samsung Galaxy A54  5G 8/256

On the old Samsung I have 25 Gb (mostly photos) internal data : how can I transfer them to the new Samsung?

If no Forum member can help me then of course I can go to a shop but surprisingly the cost of Samsung Galaxy A54  5G 8/256 is nearly 15.000 Baht 

So I try to buy online from Lazada where the Samsung flagship store charges 13,390 THB and private seller even incredibly lower i.e. 9,373 THB 

38 minutes ago, sometimewoodworker said:

There is also the seeming storage of data on a phone. 
This is a really really bad idea. Phones should never never be the primary storage. They break, they get lost, they get stolen, they fail.

A phone should only ever be a temporary storage, you should always have your data in a safe storage location.

there are those who backup data and there are those who haven’t lost important data yet.

And people should remember their passwords.

I met lots of people who had backup of their phones online. But they were never able to access those backups, or continue with their accounts, because they entered once some passwords, probably short after they bought their phones, and then never used those passwords again.

And then there are consequences.

It seems too many people don't understand the consequences or can't be bothered to think about them and make sure they don't end up without their own data.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1

Why do you guys even bother? A Tuesday post begging for help and claiming Lazada can sell the same new phone for 30% less. Now Thursday and no hide nor hair of the OP. Typical online keyboard genius ????????????

Edited by wmlc

On 7/5/2023 at 8:20 AM, OneMoreFarang said:

I met lots of people who had backup of their phones online. But they were never able to access those backups, or continue with their accounts, because they entered once some passwords, probably short after they bought their phones, and then never used those passwords again.

It seems too many people don't understand the consequences or can't be bothered to think about them and make sure they don't end up without their own data.

SD cards also dangerous, lose the phone and someone can access everything on the card, only a small minority probably encrypt it

1 minute ago, scubascuba3 said:

SD cards also dangerous, lose the phone and someone can access everything on the card, only a small minority probably encrypt it

Use an iPhone and it’s all done automatically. But perhaps that’s too expensive for the OP. He’s crying over spending 15,000 Baht and even before spending it, he’s worried about how to transfer data. Just tell him to buy a Samsung Hero and get it over with. ????????????????

1 minute ago, wmlc said:

That would be too easy for him to search. It’s much easier for him to post on an anonymous forum and then disappear.

I had (emphasis on tense) a friend who would constantly ask me for advice but never use it.  It happened so often I actually was compelled to Google what you call a person like that and to my surprise a term has been coined for it.

https://www.elitedaily.com/life/culture/askholes-shouldnt-ask-for-advice/873028#:~:text=An askhole is basically a,what you said to do.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

You can always plug it in to your computer if you have one and copy files there first, then connect your new phone and copy then back so you have it on your phone and as back up on your computer.

On 7/5/2023 at 8:20 AM, OneMoreFarang said:

Always use the same password for everything, then it can't be forgotten.

I always use britman,

if they demand 8 characters britman2,

if they insist on 1 capital Britman2,

if they then want a symbol Britman2?

Couldn't be easier.

Edited by BritManToo
  • Haha 1

42 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

I always use britman,

Couldn't be easier.

Yes, sure. And if your password is compromised on one service then everything is compromised... 

3 hours ago, LikeItHot said:

I had (emphasis on tense) a friend who would constantly ask me for advice but never use it.  It happened so often I actually was compelled to Google what you call a person like that and to my surprise a term has been coined for it.

https://www.elitedaily.com/life/culture/askholes-shouldnt-ask-for-advice/873028#:~:text=An askhole is basically a,what you said to do.

Quite a few forum members would fit that description. 

• Thumbs Up 1

3 hours ago, BritManToo said:

I always use britman,

Couldn't be easier.

That advice is incredibly insecure. If there is anything of value an interested party will probably have you device or account cracked in minutes if not seconds.

My approach is to have about 3 passwords that I remember but all the other 700 use something like “sXqGQ3V.H2jQ8dkLd_mZ” I have no need to remember those as they are stored in 1Password so are secure behind one of the passwords I do remember.

There are some sites and places that have no significant value but 1Password is so easy to use I have most of those protected anyway.

On 7/4/2023 at 1:59 PM, Ralf001 said:

Samsung Smart Switch... install APP on both phones and follow the steps.

Seamless!

Almost every branded phone has there specific application to transfer files between phones.

10 hours ago, sometimewoodworker said:

That advice is incredibly insecure. If there is anything of value an interested party will probably have you device or account cracked in minutes if not seconds.

I don't understand this fear people have.

What data do you keep that needs to be secure?

1 hour ago, BritManToo said:

I don't understand this fear people have.

What data do you keep that needs to be secure?

Bank accounts, credit cards, passports, e-mail accounts, ID cards etc are just a random selection of data that I carry that are protected by secure passwords.

I don’t have fear of data loss, I know it will happen eventually. But 1 compromised password will give no access to another account.

The question is not, am I paranoid? The question is, am I paranoid enough?

There are too many real world examples of sensible people being taken to the cleaners. It may never happen to you, if it does it can be anything from a minor inconvenience to a disaster.

Edited by sometimewoodworker