What hobbies do you have,what keeps you busy?

jvs

20 minutes ago, G Rex said:

I don't use my drone much - but it is good to have.

I have had a few different drones - standard & FPV (with the goggles) , but now just have DJI Mini 3 Pro.  It is small, but takes excellent pictures & video - and has most of the features of high end larger drones. Downside - it is about 30K Baht 

Where are you located?

Anyone with a drone in the Cha-am area?

Edited by jvs

4 hours ago, nobodysfriend said:

Hmm ... about the destruction of the environment , one species is clearly dominant in this ...

May be should better be killed and eaten by ( the last surviving ) wildlife ...?

There you go again with the schoolyard reasoning... well so and so did it... they are not intertwined nor dependent one upon the other.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Lacessit said:

I understand it's called vanity publishing, my biog is more of a legacy to my son.

My dad wrote his memoire about the last ten years he lived. It was nice having it. What a different world they lived in. 

• Like 1

I design and print tee shirts, mugs or anything that can be printed on basically. Or I print for others if they have a design or photo they want printing.

It can be time consuming but the results are worth it.

I also dabble in genealogy, but that is getting a little difficult from here (Thailand) as I am British.

Edited by remobb
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, remobb said:

I design and print tee shirts, mugs or anything that can be printed on basically. Or I print for others if they have a design or photo they want printing.

It can be time consuming but the results are worth it.

As a business? 

• Thumbs Up 1

49 minutes ago, remobb said:

I also dabble in genealogy, but that is getting a little difficult from here (Thailand) as I am British.

I have my family tree back to around circa 1350

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Having a drink on the way to this type of thing, Yuki in red has just turned 16 so that will interest a few on here ???? The other one is the incomparable Lamyai, nowt going on today, except rain performance

Amateur radio (I'm living in Laos right now, so am about the only shortwave radio ham)

Building and testing different antennas

Receiving pictures from the various weather satellites and international space station.

• Thumbs Up 2

4 minutes ago, simon43 said:

Amateur radio (I'm living in Laos right now, so am about the only shortwave radio ham)

Building and testing different antennas

Receiving pictures from the various weather satellites and international space station.

(Also just added one idiot who is trying to mess up this positive thread to my ignore list)

• Like 1

23 hours ago, jvs said:

No no time to get bored,i am thinking about getting a drone also but

the price is holding me back because i think i will not use it often.

I wanted to do a flyover of the house and my surroundings to make a nice video.I could also use it to film my birds when they are flying.

For expensive items, I go with a 6 month delay counting from the day I thought of it. If you still remember it in 6 months and are still very interested, go with it. Otherwise, just bin the idea. Saved quite a bit of money this way, the exception being my camera equipment, which I ended up buying but rarely use now (pretty much do everything on my smartphone now as it is so much more convenient).  

• Like 2

On 7/8/2023 at 1:01 PM, jvs said:

No no time to get bored,i am thinking about getting a drone also but

the price is holding me back because i think i will not use it often.

I wanted to do a flyover of the house and my surroundings to make a nice video.I could also use it to film my birds when they are flying.

Drones don't have to be expensive, unless you want all the bells & whistles.  I have 2 vid drones, both around the 6k baht mark.  1 has a better camera, 1 is better in gusty winds.  

Even the newer Mini DJI is only 30k ish, though a bit pricy for limited use.

24 minutes ago, KhunLA said:

Drones don't have to be expensive, unless you want all the bells & whistles.  I have 2 vid drones, both around the 6k baht mark.  1 has a better camera, 1 is better in gusty winds.  

Even the newer Mini DJI is only 30k ish, though a bit pricy for limited use.

I have been reading up on them a little bit and for me i think it would just

be a few times i would use it.

I hope i can find some one nearby who can do a flyover of the place here

and see what is all around here.

Have been doing quite a bit few different hobbies in Thailand, but now down to work out in the gym and motorbikes. Now will start reading history and philosophy again, at the same time detoxing from the world wide web, that completely have taken control of my life. Worst addiction I ever had. 

Keep it simple

Edit note, the most satisfying is to see our Yang Na  trees grows and eat what we grow and breed from our small farm

Edited by Hummin
  • Thumbs Up 2

1 hour ago, jvs said:

I have been reading up on them a little bit and for me i think it would just

be a few times i would use it.

I hope i can find some one nearby who can do a flyover of the place here

and see what is all around here.

I rarely take my drones with me any more, as I usually stay at higher altitudes w/nice viewpoint.   Be good for taking a selfie, or snap of the resort, but that's about it.  Then I'd have to carry back & forth to the car, as can't leave in the car, too hot.

Bought my present ones just for that, about 2 yrs ago for snaps of the house being built and surrounding area.

Thinking about taking one with me this O&A as going to brother/family's land, about 70 rai, and might use.  He wants to give the wife a rai, as he already did all the other family members.  

No promises, but depending when and mood we're in, on the way back, may shoot you a message, as we're 1.5 hrs S of Cha Am.  So may be in the neighborhood.  Also weather dependent, rain & high wind don't work.

• Thanks 1

About the drones: I spend a lot of time to research everything I could find about frames, ESCs, motors, flight controllers and flight controller software, batteries, RC controls, and and and.

And then I built two drones and made sure they are properly configured. And then I learned to fly.

And then I spend my time with other things...

For me the goal was clearly to build them and not so much to fly them.

That was in 2016 when FTP Racing quads just appeared.

I guess by now most people will buy the ready-made products.

So whatever you do, ask yourself in which part of the hoppy you are really interested in...

This is from my favorite pilot, Mr. Steele, one of the best in this world.

• Thumbs Up 2

3 minutes ago, OneMoreFarang said:

About the drones: I spend a lot of time to research everything I could find about frames, ESCs, motors, flight controllers and flight controller software, batteries, RC controls, and and and.

And then I built two drones and made sure they are properly configured. And then I learned to fly.

And then I spend my time with other things...

For me the goal was clearly to build them and not so much to fly them.

That was in 2016 when FTP Racing quads just appeared.

I guess by now most people will buy the ready-made products.

So whatever you do, ask yourself in which part of the hoppy you are really interested in...

This is from my favorite pilot, Mr. Steele, one of the best in this world.

I figured out drones would just be another thing I learned to fly, take some pics,  and then just let it sample dust.

I enjoy travelling light, and not be disturbed by to much things I have to remember or do. Back to basic, and from now will bring my phone for maps and photos only. 

• Like 1

On 7/7/2023 at 12:02 PM, grain said:

I run a music blog, that keeps me occupied.

Details please.  There are so many blogs it is difficult to find what you want to listen to.

Hate radio presenters who, at the end of their program, advertise THEIR blog of the programmme you've just listened to.

Edited by KannikaP

On 7/7/2023 at 10:32 AM, ezzra said:

Birds watching, the human kind i mean, but seriously, i dabble in Numismatics, the buying and selling of coins medals and banknotes.

Nice. Do you have any 10-Baht coins? I am missing two (APEC 2003, for example) to have a complete set. 

9 hours ago, CecilM said:

Nice. Do you have any 10-Baht coins? I am missing two (APEC 2003, for example) to have a complete set. 

I have some I think, been a while. You have the Boy Scouts one? 

I think the best place to get the new coins was change at the toll booth. Drove back and forth from Kabinburi to Bangkok every week for twenty years, much of that before easy pass. That's where I got mine. 

• Like 1