Body of Missing German Businessman Hans Peter Mack Found Dismembered in Freezer in Pattaya Rental Home

webfact

2 hours ago, Kerryd said:

One of the first lessons I learned in Thailand.

Never be worth more dead than you are alive.

2nd thing I learned was that 9 out of 10 foreigners in this country can barely afford to live here and they would dearly love to have your money in their pocket.

And will come up with all manner of scams and "tear jerking" stories to try and get your money into their pocket.

Sheesh, my 74 year old buddy was scammed out of 10,000 last year by a "friend" (he met in a bar of course) who claimed he'd been arrested for overstaying and had to pay the police 10,000 baht or he'd be arrested and deported. Of course he would pay it back right away once he got his passport back (blah blah blah).

Even had my buddy meet him at Immigration to hand over the money (to him, not the police). And my buddy swore it was legit - because the guy was "his friend".
And then I asked if the guy had paid him back.
No.
I asked when the last time he saw him. 
That day at Immigration.

Even then he didn't want to believe the guy had just scammed him. I told him the guy was probably still in Pattaya, just drinking in a different bar in a different part of town for awhile.

And I never lend money to any of my Thai friends either. Do it once and instantly you go from friend to ATM machine. The difference is, if they owe you too much then suddenly you are worth more to them dead than you are alive.

Lucky it was not a lot more ie 600k plus

1 hour ago, Dukeleto said:

Honestly, they can’t be a very bright bunch this lot. If you wanted to do anything in The Kingdom like that you need the following:

1. Not be a foreigner.

2. Have possession of Harry Potters Invisibility cloak.

3. Voldemort’s wand and a fabulous grasp of magic

You’ve been watching too many Potty movies

5 minutes ago, BenStark said:

Only wondering why they let Olaf go.

They must have had very strong clues, since they interviewed him the day before

Olaf was his German friend .....   do you think he is implicated in the crime ?

• Confused 2

2 minutes ago, BenStark said:

Have you started drinking this early in the morning, since you have made already quite a few silly posts in this 2 hour old thread?

Olaf lived in the house. You think they brought in the freezer without his knowledge?

no .... i haven't had a drink, thank's for asking  ......   I'm just entrigued   ......    but my apologize to you if it's too much to ask ...   

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Tropposurfer said:

The previous conviction for sexual child abuse is awful and heinous.

I wonder if it had anything to do with that, or any current perverse behaviours he may have been acting out?

he was found innocent of that and not prosecuted, but that doesn't stop people repeating it it seems.

Motive probably some dodgy property deal gone wrong

• Like 2

Just now, steven100 said:

do you think the gf had any involvement ...

I don't think anyone knows at this stage. But the wife, not GF, was the one offering the 3m baht reward

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, scubascuba3 said:

to be fair, the police are very quick here at cracking crime and tracing people, back home this would take ages

To be fair ????

I reckon it had to do more with stupid criminals, not covering their tracks, Incompetence, etc. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Dont confuse me said:

Olaf will probably be on his way to the boarder. Don't think it will be difficult to scoop him up.

Perhaps, it depends on how quickly he moved, how quickly the Police move, and of course, quite possibly, his"negotiating skills".

1 hour ago, nobodysfriend said:

But a body , even cut to pieces , is still a body .

If someone knowingly commits  a crime , it is a ' basic instinct ' to hide it to avoid punishment , nothing new here ...

Hiding it in a freezer is not very original , RTP is used to this ...

You guess what your imagination tells you ?

You do not know what you imagine ?

Confusing post .

Sorry I don't have experience with those issues, not even in my imagination.

But the principle is simple: Get rid of evidence. And if the evidence is too big then make it smaller before you get rid of it, part by part. That's simple logic. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1