Immigration now a pleasure to visit.

giddyup

16 hours ago, giddyup said:

At least it was for me this morning. Haven't been there since the new building was erected, but got my number there for my retirement extension, then inside the old building for a 5 minute wait to get everything checked. In and out in 15 minutes tops. Anyone know what's going to be erected in the centre of the block, see some steel framing there?

Wait until next time.???? Just sayin'

18 hours ago, giddyup said:

At least it was for me this morning. Haven't been there since the new building was erected, but got my number there for my retirement extension, then inside the old building for a 5 minute wait to get everything checked. In and out in 15 minutes tops. Anyone know what's going to be erected in the centre of the block, see some steel framing there?

Just my personal experience but me and the missus have always had great service from Hua Hin Immigration in the three different locations it's been over the 11 years we've been here.

• Confused 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, pomchop said:

yes something i always look forward to when in Thailand is a trip to Jomtiem immigration in peak season..so much fun standing in hot  line for couple hours, making copy after copy of papers, then being put in a room that holds 20 people or so with about 50 people and treated like a criminal while watching agents hand out bribes...

It's no longer like that.

4 hours ago, soisanuk said:

The construction is for the second stage of improvements per a recent article in a Pattaya Newspaper.  When it is completed, the area remaining of the car park area will be a fully covered and self-contained area for those waiting for service.

Article here;

Link

• Thanks 2

23 minutes ago, J Branche said:

I will smile, thank them and do my happy dance for the life in Thailand I'm allowed.  

Do you do your happy dance in front of the immigration officer? I am sure they don't see that every day but might bring a smile to their faces.

If I did my happy dance in front of them, I think they would call the paramedics. I will stick to the the smile and thank you.

1 hour ago, Don Chance said:

Bring back 45 day arrivals and 60 day extensions. People will be happy.  30 days is too short, this is not enough time to even recover from jet lag.

It is enough for regular tourists who would  likely struggle to get more time off work. Others can get a Visa., Sixty day  extensions never existed. 

• Thumbs Up 1

Bring back 45 day arrivals and 60 day extensions. People will be happy.  30 days is too short, this is not enough time to even recover from jet lag.

six month "snow bird" visa would be most welcome without having to jump through hoops..charge a bit more if they must but skip all the drama of having to go to immigration or leave the country after 90 days etc....thailand is the perfect place for people looking to escape cold weather six months a year....win win 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Jet lag is an imaginary disease:coffee1:

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

There was a guy in there same time as me ranting and shouting at a poor immigration girl, final straw he threw the papers at her and another immigration officer came over and told him to leave and that he would never again be attended to by this office, he left with his tail between his legs.

• Thumbs Up 1