Pedo children’s entertainer sentenced to 30 years for sex crimes against kids in UK, Thailand

webfact

25 minutes ago, jacko45k said:

Unless he is isolated in jail, someone will make it so. 

Sadly, that is the problem. Maybe I am wrong, but I believe they will isolate him for his 'own protection' as that is his 'Human rights'. However, I ask the question 'what about the children's Human Rights'. :sad:

Edited by AhFarangJa
grammer correction
  • Like 2

A pervert that's not in government or working for the BBC is the only redeeming factor in this story it will be off to Whitemoor then ghosted around the system so everyone can have a go at you for the rest of your worthless life???? 

3 hours ago, AhFarangJa said:

Sadly, that is the problem. Maybe I am wrong, but I believe they will isolate him for his 'own protection' as that is his 'Human rights'. However, I ask the question 'what about the children's Human Rights'. :sad:

I doubt isolation is that much fun either. 

3 hours ago, kimamey said:

There are many problems with that idea. 

There's the ones who turn out to be innocent.

It's rarely the case in Western jurisdictions that a judge can order an execution and its done. I think I saw somewhere that in the USA, depending on how old a prisoner is and how long they live, it costs more to keep someone in prison and pay for all the legal procedures required before an execution takes place than just handing out a life sentence.

How many children does a defendant have to abuse before the death sentence kicks in? If it's one,  and there's no physical harm or murder, then how do you compare the mental damage done to one child by abuse against that done to children of other murder victims. Or victims of rape, assault, bullying, burglary ect?

What causes the outrage in cases of non violent child abuse when the most likely affect is trauma rather than injury, where its largely absent if that trauma is caused by any other crime. There's no doubting the seriousness of this crime and he needs to be imprisoned to keep him away from further offending. As for the money.  Justice costs.

I gave a like to your post because you make the correct point about possible innocents. Another point is whether his sexual deviations might be the result of sexual violence suffered in his youth, in which case some understanding should be applied. Death penalty should be really the last resource. However there are cases when the person is guilty beyond doubt. It adds insult to injury, that the public at large should pay large sums (including special surveillance) to safeguard the remaining life of a person who committed such crimes. If the jury really doesn't want/cannot give a death penalty, then at least give him the means to end his life himself while in isolation.

7 hours ago, AhFarangJa said:

Well, he got 30 years for his evil deeds and he's gonna have to watch over his shoulder for the rest of his life and he might get killed.

• Thumbs Up 1

There are many problems with that idea. 

There's the ones who turn out to be innocent.

It's rarely the case in Western jurisdictions that a judge can order an execution and its done. I think I saw somewhere that in the USA, depending on how old a prisoner is and how long they live, it costs more to keep someone in prison and pay for all the legal procedures required before an execution takes place than just handing out a life sentence.

How many children does a defendant have to abuse before the death sentence kicks in? If it's one,  and there's no physical harm or murder, then how do you compare the mental damage done to one child by abuse against that done to children of other murder victims. Or victims of rape, assault, bullying, burglary ect?

What causes the outrage in cases of non violent child abuse when the most likely affect is trauma rather than injury, where its largely absent if that trauma is caused by any other crime. There's no doubting the seriousness of this crime and he needs to be imprisoned to keep him away from further offending. As for the money.  Justice costs.

Most are guilty. 

7 hours ago, AhFarangJa said:

He gave up his rights.. 

Another nice guy (supposedly) doing horrible things. I hate to say this but when people come up to me being so nice and wanting to help. I run as fast as I can to get out of their space. Odd world, when people keep to their self and do their own thing people think they are the bad people. 

Edited by Gknrd

1 hour ago, shackleton said:

Well at least he is off the streets and locked up for 30 years ???? 

Small consolation to those affected ????

But as the UK does not have the death penalty he will probably die in prison 

Let's HOPE So !!

47 minutes ago, Gknrd said:

Another nice guy (supposedly) doing horrible things. I hate to say this but when people come up to me being so nice and wanting to help. I run as fast as I can to get out of their space. Odd world, when people keep to their self and do their own thing people think they are the bad people. 

You don’t think it’s odd that you feel the need to run away from people who may be genuine in trying to help?

7 minutes ago, NextG said:

You don’t think it’s odd that you feel the need to run away from people who may be genuine in trying to help?

Depends on the circumstances. And where you are at. I travel quite a bit and shine on strangers trying to help. If in and AA meeting I guess it would be ok... LOL

To each his on I guess.