Pattaya Bar/Go-Go Death Watch

Danderman123

On 8/21/2024 at 6:39 PM, scubascuba3 said:

Most expats find better ways to spend money, but tourists with limited time why not

Yeah, like have a list of which bars/gogo's have draft beer at happy hour, and then sit there with one beer for an hour.

Stop eating baked beans because they are over 50 baht a tin.

Go get a companion for the night in the coconut bar.

If I have to live like that, I go back home

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Jumbo1968 said:

I think Nick Dean took a huge gamble thinking there would a recovery after Covid  and customers would come flocking back or he is using some ones else’s money.

He took no gamble whatsoever, the people who own the bars did and it doesn’t look like it’s paying off.

Well, unless the bars are being used for another purpose.

8 hours ago, CallumWK said:

Yeah, like have a list of which bars/gogo's have draft beer at happy hour, and then sit there with one beer for an hour.

you'll probably go back home anyway with your tail between your legs like many highfalutin guys

• Like 1

12 hours ago, scubascuba3 said:

Yeah we all know that but why are they open with no customers, you're his friend so you should know?

He seems to pack quite a few in for that Sunday evening regular blog....but I must agree that often they seem to be completely empty.

• Agree 1

12 hours ago, Jumbo1968 said:

I think Nick Dean took a huge gamble thinking there would a recovery after Covid  and customers would come flocking back or he is using some ones else’s money.

Pardon but ru saying Pattaya hasn't recovered since covid times? Were u awake during those 2/3 yrs? 

4 hours ago, jacko45k said:

He seems to pack quite a few in for that Sunday evening regular blog....but I must agree that often they seem to be completely empty.

What times are those 'often'empty observation tho? I 'often' pass thru Walking St.on my  late arvo trips to central, same but different? 

13 hours ago, CallumWK said:

You seem to have considerable knowledge based on the above comments....live and let live I say :crying:

13 hours ago, CallumWK said:

Sir you must be mad if you think I would pay those crazy expensive happy hour draft beer prices if it was not a party night and they were not offering me free food too....

Sir it must be nice to be so well off that you can afford to drink a draft beer in a bar on a non free food night....But I am not sure this would leave you any money for the baht bus though....

Living the dream....

• Sad 1

21 minutes ago, Andrew65 said:

Especially in areas where there are literally more bars than customers. I wonder if the changing demographic of tourists has an effect also. Where most tourists used to be Western/farang, more of them are now Chinese/Russian/Indian. Less likely to frequent go-go bars, and if they do, not dropping as much cash in them.

Certainly the changing tourist demographic has had an effect on what is opening and closing--and not just with bars and go-gos.   While some posters persist in thinking that there has been a steep, steep drop in the number of western visitors to Thailand, that is not actually the case.  Numbers have stayed fairly steady, and in some cases grown modestly.

What has grown steeply is the number of Asian, Indian, and Russian tourists, along with Thai domestic travelers, with many visitors to Pattaya coming as families.  This is the new demographic that has made Pattaya one of the top 20 visited places in the world.   This is the demographic that got Terminal 21 built. 

This is the demographic that also got all the new hotels in the north end built--from Mitt to Ozo to Dusit Famiy Wing to Brighton to Ankara to D'Beach 3 to Centre Point 1 to Centre Point Space and the massive Centre Point 3 Resort now being built, and others, both large and smaller. 

This is the demographic responsible for much of the new retail--from new shopping choices to new restaurants to new, fun spots like the wonderful Nitan coffee shop to amusements like Aquaverse and Ramayana waterpark.  

This is the demographic driving much of the growth of Pattaya, which brings benefits for those of us living here, including a wide selection of housing at all price points for a growing city, and good health care, with a big, new hospital being built on the Darkside.   Along with the explosive growth comes growing pains--for Pattaya traffic congestion being one of the big pains that needs work.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:

You sound like one of those boring guys always bringing up money, best avoided

You sound confused, it wasn't me who started a thread that baked beans have become unaffordable above 50 baht, among some other threads where money is the concern.

7 minutes ago, CallumWK said:

You sound confused, it wasn't me who started a thread that baked beans have become unaffordable above 50 baht, among some other threads where money is the concern.

I think we need a new thread discussing if 10 baht for a baht bus is too expensive..

18 minutes ago, CallumWK said:

Talking about money again, what a bore, probably obese too

2 hours ago, scubascuba3 said:

Talking about money again, what a bore, probably obese too

You are confused again, probably it is the neurosyphilis or untreated gonorrhea from refusing condom with the coconut bar ladies, that is affecting your brain.

1 hour ago, CallumWK said:

You are confused again, probably it is the neurosyphilis or untreated gonorrhea from refusing condom with the coconut bar ladies, that is affecting your brain.

whatever, stalk somewhere else

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/23/2024 at 11:38 AM, newnative said:

Certainly the changing tourist demographic has had an effect on what is opening and closing--and not just with bars and go-gos.   While some posters persist in thinking that there has been a steep, steep drop in the number of western visitors to Thailand, that is not actually the case.  Numbers have stayed fairly steady, and in some cases grown modestly.

What has grown steeply is the number of Asian, Indian, and Russian tourists, along with Thai domestic travelers, with many visitors to Pattaya coming as families.  This is the new demographic that has made Pattaya one of the top 20 visited places in the world.   This is the demographic that got Terminal 21 built. 

This is the demographic that also got all the new hotels in the north end built--from Mitt to Ozo to Dusit Famiy Wing to Brighton to Ankara to D'Beach 3 to Centre Point 1 to Centre Point Space and the massive Centre Point 3 Resort now being built, and others, both large and smaller. 

This is the demographic responsible for much of the new retail--from new shopping choices to new restaurants to new, fun spots like the wonderful Nitan coffee shop to amusements like Aquaverse and Ramayana waterpark.  

This is the demographic driving much of the growth of Pattaya, which brings benefits for those of us living here, including a wide selection of housing at all price points for a growing city, and good health care, with a big, new hospital being built on the Darkside.   Along with the explosive growth comes growing pains--for Pattaya traffic congestion being one of the big pains that needs work.

Good example of a new business catering for the East Asia market (China, S Korea, HK, Taiwan, etc.) is a new soapy massage being readied on Soi Pettrakul. SP is the road that runs behind T21 and Central Marina mall and caters mostly for the South Korean market. Pegasus is the new soapy near the bottom end of Pettrakul near to where Jamesons pub is.

By the by, I am seeing a lot of young Chinese and Korean males on my condo complex who have hooked up with very pretty Thai ladies. I am guessing that the ladies find these young and rich Asian partners a more attractive proposition than older Western males.

Also, at the other end of Pettrakul next to T21, One (ex Bone) nightclub seems to be getting ready for another re-opening. Maybe a new name and/or new owners but a fair few personnel there yesterday inside and out.

Edited by champers
  • Like 2

13 hours ago, champers said:

Good example of a new business catering for the East Asia market (China, S Korea, HK, Taiwan, etc.) is a new soapy massage being readied on Soi Pettrakul. SP is the road that runs behind T21 and Central Marina mall and caters mostly for the South Korean market. Pegasus is the new soapy near the bottom end of Pettrakul near to where Jamesons pub is.

By the by, I am seeing a lot of young Chinese and Korean males on my condo complex who have hooked up with very pretty Thai ladies. I am guessing that the ladies find these young and rich Asian partners a more attractive proposition than older Western males.

Also, at the other end of Pettrakul next to T21, One (ex Bone) nightclub seems to be getting ready for another re-opening. Maybe a new name and/or new owners but a fair few personnel there yesterday inside and out.

That end of that Soi is little India, I used to live@ NovaPark, Jamiesons Pub, boring as it was... 

'Climax' on corner of Lk Metro and Bukhao now being redone as 'King Kong Sports Bar'. As if we needed yet another Sports bar in that area 😆 

They also removed all the food stalls in front of Climax, presumably they would impact on new sports bar food sales

I miss the old pre-covid Climax. Was a great place to go for a good band and atmosphere before heading deeper into LK Metro

Edited by Pattaya57
  • Like 2

Sports bars are a gamble like any bar, some customers will hug a bottle of beer for the whole game. Football season has  started in the U.K. come another month it will be in general a 10pm k.o.

i would imagine any expat interested in football will  have device to watch the footy at home possibly after a beer earlier.