Chonburi orders strict control over roaming Arab groups in the city

webfact

3 hours ago, OneMoreFarang said:

Why can't they go to the bars, get drunk and play with the girls (or boys) like all the other tourists? 

I thought that is why people from all over the world come to Pattaya.

They like to play with each other ?

4 hours ago, redwood1 said:

Stop using logic.....

Raising the money needed for a retirement visa will be the solution to ALL crime in Thailand going forward...

Retirment visa , (it is not a visa, ) is for over 50 year old not one of the Arab would be over 50 and would not have an extension stay for retirement, so the retirement is not the way to go. learn about the system of visa in Thailand and stop posting stupid things.     

• Haha 2

5 hours ago, Callmeishmael said:

Big Joke knows how to deal with these hooligans:  Just double the income requirements for retirement visas!  That will obviously weed out the undesirables! ????

guess You have lots of money. It is hard enough for us retirees to maintain 800.000 in the bank with no interest whatsoever.

thaisabai

• Like 1

6 hours ago, webfact said:

image.jpeg

The Deputy Commander of the Chonburi Provincial Police has implemented strict measures against a group of Arab tourists causing disturbances while driving in the city and preparing to take action against car rental businesses.

Lt. Gen. Chomchuen Puratthanarat, Deputy Commander of Region 7 Provincial Police, revealed that they have been working on various issues related to the Arab tourists' behavior, reported INN.

The Arab group, known for renting cars, has been conducting themselves differently from Thai people, prompting discussions on cultural differences.

In addition to handling the rental businesses, the authorities have informed tourists about the traffic regulations and educated them about the local laws.

They aim to strike a balance between law enforcement and promoting tourism, ensuring a smooth travel experience without violating any laws.

Furthermore, rental companies are being regularly inspected, and clear warnings have been posted.

If any Arab driver is found renting a car without a valid license and proper documentation, they will face a fine of 2,000 baht, and further legal action may be considered.

asean_now_BB.jpg

-- © Copyright  ASEAN NOW 2023-08-04

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

Get your business in front of millions of customers who read ASEAN NOW with an interest in Thailand every month - email [email protected] for more information

What about the hire firms who rent out vehicles without making the proper checks? But by all means check the driver. He might not have been the one who signed the hire agreement.

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Ben Zioner said:

Sure, but all the others have gotten theirs through an exam that is an absolute farce.

Lived in Kuwait for 12 years - the process for a driving license for a Kuwaiti is phone your uncle from the barbers and it’s passed onto you by a Philipeno servant/slave next day!!!

• Like 2

This is not rocket science but to the keystone cops on Soi 9, are. 

The rental group started way before now is on the corner of 13/2-3, they have been renting big and small bike Claim that entire corner.  This topic comes up a number of times the problem is from Soi 9 and Soi 9 only.  If they want to fix the problem all they got to do at Pattaya Tai and 2nd Rd. after the light roll out a roll of nails let them all crash and slide into the construction hole then fill it. The same with back portion of 3rd Road and Thappaya. 

• Haha 2

wait a moment.

I thought the prob was arabs on motorbikes. racing about reving

engine and blocking sois.

visible to all night owls.

ya mean their renting cars and conducting themselves differently from Thai people?

with all the cars having having windows darkened, how can you tell their arabs? and how could arab auto drivers be worse than Thai?

• Like 1

7 hours ago, webfact said:

The Deputy Commander of the Chonburi Provincial Police has implemented strict measures against a group of Arab tourists causing disturbances while driving in the city and preparing to take action against car rental businesses.

Snoozville... RTP behind the curve yet again.

7 hours ago, jacko45k said:

I must admit, their style of driving ( I was in the Mid East for some years) is likely to be in conflict with the Thai nature. 

Really? I thought it was akin to Thailand. The driving. Not the nature.????

• Thumbs Up 1

4 minutes ago, Gandtee said:

Really? I thought it was akin to Thailand. The driving. Not the nature.????

Yes, much the same as here. The main difference is that this lot are loaded.

I've seen it all before in Saudi Arabia and other rich parts nearby in 1989. Road racing out in the desert was (no doubt still is) a major entertainment and a way for boys to flirt with girls (car-to-car).

The well heeled ones ship their high end cars (Ferraris, Lamborghinis etc.,) over to London every summer to race around Knightsbridge and rev up outside the restaurants. The Police had to clamp down on them. Don't know if successful.

These ones coming here and renting Toyota Vios, Suzuki Ciaz, Clicks and Waves must be the Cheap Charlies of the Arab world. Not sure a THB2,000 fine would bother them too much though.

Edited by phetphet

6 minutes ago, phetphet said:

The well heeled ones ship their high end cars (Ferraris, Lamborghinis etc.,) over to London every summer to race around Knightsbridge and rev up outside the restaurants. The Police had to clamp down on them. Don't know if successful.

These ones coming here and renting Toyota Vios, Suzuki Ciaz, Clicks and Waves must be the Cheap Charlies of the Arab world. Not sure a THB2,000 fine would bother them too much though.

A 2000 Baht fine would hardly even concern most cheap charlie farangs...lol

• Like 2

I spend 2 years in KSA, they are doing exactly what they do in their own country, because the KSA police have gone home for the night there, They come out very late at night, drive around racing, hanging around in areas just outside the city centre. In fact their driving is very bad, at first I thought new cars came with dents and damage, until you drive around and nearly every corner has serious damage. and I know that nearly all do not have a motorbike/scooter license has they are just not sold there and they wouldnt be able to drive them in the clothes they wear plus the heat and other car drivers would soon waste them. All the police have to do is stop every one of them, big fine, both the rider and the hire company.

7 hours ago, Callmeishmael said:

Big Joke knows how to deal with these hooligans:  Just double the income requirements for retirement visas!  That will obviously weed out the undesirables! ????

Yesterday I rode in the Soi VC area. I saw many young Arabs on motorbikes who where riding  a lot faster than me. I didn't see one helmet on any of them.  The way they were riding I doubt if any had licenses.

Doubling the financial requirement for a retirement visa would hurt me (I would have to relocate) it wouldn't hurt them because most of the ones I saw looked to be in their early 20s ,so wouldn't be here on a retirement visa anyway.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Danderman123 said:

Unfortunately, this is racist.

It's the behavior of anyone who breaks traffic laws that should be controlled.

Not unfortunate at all. This is one thing I like about Thailand. If a certain race causes problems they call them out. Here in the Uk we have to pussy foot around the question of race. This woke crap is fueling resentment and will only get worse. The number of economic migrants suddenly coming here causing problems is out of hand.

If Arabs are a problem, target them. What is wrong with that?

Edited by chang1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1