What % of farangs in Thailand are worth talking to?

bignok

19 minutes ago, Kwasaki said:

I service my bike myself and maintain it, found a great mechanic in Phayao through a AN friend who knows what his doing with my type of bike if it's something I don't like doing myself. 

My bikes one seater bike don't like riding with pillion passengers and the wife don't like and wouldn't go anywhere with me when I had my Versys before.

My friend here AN Kelboy works 6 months UK lives Thailand 6 months and we go on bike trips 2 to 6 days say every month.

2 other friends are coming in November want to do the Mae Hong Song loop.

When your up in Muang Kao again message me always great to talk with fellow bikers.

Somehow I thought you lived in Phitsanulok ? 

26 minutes ago, Hummin said:

Somehow I thought you lived in Phitsanulok ? 

No ???? I live in the village don't like big cities Muang Kao the oldest Siam city is a historic place and the village is nice.

No ugly clables hanging about in high street everywhere and nice places to stay from 350 bht.

Edited by Kwasaki
  • Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, Gottfrid said:

Nah, that´s the wrong answer. The right is, everyone who don´t start stupid threads over and over again on Asian Now forum.

But you can start whatever thread you like on forums that's what there there for don't be so negative, don't read em if you dislike them which you are doing now.

1 hour ago, Lemsta69 said:

This topic is about farang not foreigners. Farang means whitey.

Also your "I'm the only one that understands Thai music" schtick is a bit old now. Time to grow up and get some perspective.

Another forum policeman! already been decided it includes everyone. When did I ever say I am the only one who understands Thai music? I will tell you who did- YINN, if anyone did know anything about the topic it was obvious she was a Thai woman, as she would often answer a question straight away. The suggestion it was a bloke asking his Thai other half all the time was idiotic, no Thai women would put up with some 'falang' messing about like that. Could it have been a 'falang' with a knowledge of Thai music pretending to be Thai? no, in 29 years I only met one with as much knowledge, an American and he would never play act like that. Not compulsory to look at the Thai music thread, but you must have. What sort of 'perspective' do you recommend of wise one? You sound a bit depressed today.

Edited by proton
  • Haha 2

3 minutes ago, Kwasaki said:

But you can start whatever thread you like on forums that's what there there for don't be so negative, don't read em if you dislike them which you are doing now.

Never questioned if you can or not can start threads. Nor did I deal with the possibility of read or not reading the threads. I just delivered my opinion regarding the topic question.

2 minutes ago, Ralf001 said:

I work with a couple of hundred Thai's... to them a foreigner is a Falang.

Ive known Thais for decades. They call white people farangs. Black people see dum. Japanese are called Japan people.

22 minutes ago, Gottfrid said:

Never questioned if you can or not can start threads. Nor did I deal with the possibility of read or not reading the threads. I just delivered my opinion regarding the topic question.

Fair call.

1 hour ago, bignok said:

I talk to the good looking females.

I hope you speak Thai then, all I get is about ten lines of "How long you stay Thailand" to "I work bar 2 weeks". My Thai friends all speak English way better than I every could Thai, and other language sometimes too. Like French.  I think Thai life would be more interesting to be able to speak to more people than just ones who speak English.

Edited by Captain Monday

6 hours ago, brianburi said:

Weekly golf meet yesterday,  American, Aussie, Brits, Canadian(French), German, Swedes, about 20 bods in all.  No one had any difficulty talking to each other.....

What a stupid topic..........

Agree.

I frequent the local waterhole up here in Issan at least 3 times a week and we have a great community of Xpats, most are from the UK, some from Australia, Denmark, Sweden and some Germans.

Always enjoy having a conversation with the lads, even some Thai's come on in from time to time who have worked abroad and have a good understanding of the English language and culture.  

Seen a few pass away over the years, others return to their countries due to not being able to handle it here for many reasons and others waiting to move here when they reach their pension age.

I don't mind the repeated conversations as I cut them off at the chase, yep, you told me about that one ????

To be honest, I couldn't live here without such a community, it's my out, not a heavy drinker, but like to have a few cold ones and few games of pool to entertain me, did the same thing back home with the lads who now days don't do what we used to do as they have partnered up and aren't allowed out....lol

Edited by 4MyEgo
  • Like 1
  • Love It 1