Voting for next PM to go ahead with growing turmoil likely to end with General Prawit as PM

webfact

1 hour ago, 1duckyboy said:

"General Prawit has had a distinguished career in both the military and government and may end up uniquely positioned to be elected as PM at this time"

Only in Thailand which has become the Hub of Military Coups in ASEAN, Prawit is commended with distinguished service as Deputy PM and Mentor to the NCPO Junta Chief/PM Prayut who overthrew an elected government. That's called "Thai-styled democracy" as in "What you see isn't what you get."

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Let's look on the bright side: The first meeting between the Watchman and Sleepy Joe should be fun to watch. Very peaceful, I should imagine. All decisions made in advance (as they always are anyway) and a very satisfying encounter.

Outcomes: Relations between the two great democracies strengthened. Chinese worried.

• Confused 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

15 minutes ago, mfd101 said:

Let's look on the bright side: The first meeting between the Watchman and Sleepy Joe should be fun to watch. Very peaceful, I should imagine. All decisions made in advance (as they always are anyway) and a very satisfying encounter.

Outcomes: Relations between the two great democracies strengthened. Chinese worried.

They will both sleep through it.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, soalbundy said:

Why? business isn't woke, business, like Prawit, cares about money. I can't imagine anyone in Europe getting hot under the collar about corruption in Asia and the Americans have their own corrupt contender to worry about.

Yep, and since Thailand's main export is tourism, any leader in Europe will think that growing political instability, hence insecurity, will contribute to improve their balance of payments.

10 minutes ago, eisfeld said:

The question is if Pheu Thai is willing to let Prawit get the job of PM in return for letting Thaksin back into the country.

I believe they will.

After all, PT was formed by Thaksin, for Thaksin. If that is the best deal on the table, they will take it. 

• Like 2
  • Sad 1