Thaksin helicoptered to Police Hospital at 3am after feeling ill says Department of Corrections

webfact

51 minutes ago, snoop1130 said:

Probe sought into alleged double standard treatment of prisoner Thaksin

main-4-3.png

A group of people gathered at the Ministry of Justice today (Thursday), demanding an investigation into the conduct of the director-general of Corrections Department for alleged double standards in the treatment of former prime minister Thaksin Shinawatra, claiming that he is being treated as a “VIP guest.”

After his arrival in Thailand from his self-imposed exile on August 22, Thaksin was taken to Bangkok Remand Prison, to serve his 8-years in prison. Due to claimed health issues, he was placed in the prison’s hospital. In the middle of that night, he was transferred to the Police General Hospital by the Corrections Department, when he developed chest tightness and could not sleep.

In a statement, the department said its hospital is not adequately equipped to cope with Thaksin’s ailments, such as heart disease, and decided to admit him to the Police General Hospital.

Full Story: https://www.thaipbsworld.com/probe-sought-into-alleged-double-standard-treatment-of-prisoner-thaksin/

-- Thai PBS 2023-08-24

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

Get our Daily Newsletter - Click HERE to subscribe

So is this meaning that every prisoner with heart disease and similar is being treated at a world class hospital outside of the prison walls?

• Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, Srikcir said:

2023 average is 100. https://govisafree.com  With a spread of 90-109 for 50% of population. 

Average IQ for Thailand according to https://worldpopulationreview.co  is about 89, nation ranks 64 compare to Myanmar ranks 52 with 91 IQ. Highest average IQ score in the world is Japan, followed by Taiwan and Singapore vs US ranks 29 with average IQ of about 97.

Interesting different website have different numbers.

I wonder if there a same treatment for protestors in hungerstrike... They were in a worse condition than Thaksin. I myself have a high bloodpressure too and I can do everything in fact. Seems indeed questionable.. but is was expected of course.. So called bad health don't need to go to prison. Double standards in Thailand?? that is not normal.. Look at the conditions in most prisons especially when there was Covid.. There wil more inmates with this kind of symptons and they are not taken care of

Edited by ikke1959

So no visitors till the 28th I guess they already figured out he’s gonna be there a while usually when you go to the hospital with two or three days to get released because the doctors have fix the problem of giving you the correct medication to fix the problem I guess in this case there. Long time TIT

On 8/23/2023 at 1:54 PM, webfact said:

Former Prime Minister Thaksin Shinawatra was airlifted from prison early on Wednesday morning to Police General Hospital in Bangkok after becoming ill just 12 hours after being admitted to the medical wing of Bangkok’s Remand Prison on Tuesday.

:cheesy:

The fix is in, apparently.

I wonder who is to blame though.

I hope that it goes wrong and that bad man ends up in a Thai jail rest of his life.

21 hours ago, Dogmatix said:

We will soon see Thaksin getting his police rank back again. He retired as a captain but promoted himself to Lt. Col. when he was PM. He will probably emerge as a major general soon.

Major general, so eligible to be the next police commissioner - the big chief. Nice. 

40 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

:cheesy:

The fix is in, apparently.

I wonder who is to blame though.

I hope that it goes wrong and that bad man ends up in a Thai jail rest of his life.

They do not hand out life sentences for the petty crimes K.Thaksin is accused of.

• Haha 1

On 8/23/2023 at 11:22 AM, crazykopite said:

I’m not far off his age the only palpitations I get is when some nice lady is astride of me and I’m about to hit the 99th stroke of good fortune . Maybe they will airlift me if the worst should happen 

Eveyrhing still working well downstairs then ?

• Haha 1

On 8/24/2023 at 5:42 AM, MangoKorat said:

Many years ago, Singapore recognised that to succeed in international business, you need to speak the international language - English in order to be able to communicate. That has been one of the reasons for its success.

There are of course, many languages spoken on the island as the population is made up of people with diverse national heritage.

However, a couple of years ago the Singapore government was concerned that there were a significant number of childern who were not proficient in English. That was also creating problems over which language lessons should be taught in.  The report I read stated that it had become compulsory to speak English whilst at school but recognised that kids might well speak a different language at home.

They do of course, learn other languages as part of their education and I believe many schools require them to learn the 'mother tongue'.

Nevertheless, just about all the modern signage in Singapore is English first with some signs in Mandarin as a secondary - which begs the question, why would Thaksin complain about the language on airport signage being in English?

Ringing the populist bell.

38 minutes ago, brianthainess said:

Will he get Conjugal rights ? 

Should Khunying Potjaman dust off the cobwebs or will his old flame the luk thung singer Bai Toey come and perform for him in the hospital for a million baht and a free house again.

On 8/25/2023 at 11:29 AM, DJ54 said:

A couple of times when going for check up I’ve seen prisoners hands and feet shackled at Govt Hospital. 

But not Thaksin, far too delicate and unwell for that. 

On 8/23/2023 at 11:58 AM, pattjock said:

I'm sure that all prisoners with high blood pressure and sleeping problems, the first night in prison, get a helicopter ride to the police hospital.

.... I would assume that he is only jet lagged!! 

On 8/24/2023 at 5:28 PM, snoop1130 said:

Thaksin Shinawatra, who is receiving medical treatment at the Police General Hospital, can receive visits from blood relatives from August 28,

So, amazingly so, for the medical hub of SE Asia, - they already know he'll be well enough by Monday.

Back to the slammer on Tuesday, then!

• Haha 2