Thaksin suffered a dangerous hypertensive crisis before being transferred by prison authorities

webfact

23 minutes ago, herfiehandbag said:

On the part of Thaksin, or the authorities?

Has Thaksin realised that he has been conned into returning, or have the establishment suddenly thought what the consequences of such a con might be?

Well initially I was thinking of the former.........

4 hours ago, webfact said:

he ‘sympathised’ with former Prime Minister Thaksin Shinawatra who suffered a hypertensive crisis

A doctor's opinion is easily bought .

Mr Wissanu also emphasised that any potential Royal pardon would deal with all of Mr Thaksin’s offences.

55 , Sure , that is what they want , but won't get , I hope ....

make sure that the country’s most famous prison inmate is afforded the best possible medical care. This is a growing headache as political controversy over Mr Thaksin’s status grows.

Mr Thaksin’s status ? He is a prisoner in the moment . He was convicted for what he did , fled , and arrested at his return .

he confirmed that Thaksin suffered a hypertensive crisis with dangerously elevated blood pressure levels.

170 systolic is a little elevated , many people have this . No reason to panic .

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, brommers said:

This medical story is nothing but a confection created by the Thaksin camp. In turn the authorities are sh*itting themselves because they don't want him to die under their watch. It is highly amusing to watch these camps playing their games. Much more so than any TV comedy show.

Being better than a Thai soapie / comedy is still at an extremely low level of competence, that's assuming competence can be lowered to such a level. 

• Haha 1

He must be well enough to leave his hospital bed.

The Department of Corrections will allow no more than ten close family members, lawyers or relatives to visit former inmate #Thaksin on Monday from 8:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. at the VVIP room on the 14th floor of the Maha Bhumibol Rachanusorn Building, Police Hospital.

https://twitter.com/KhaosodEnglish/status/1695959693703983165

Edited by anchadian
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, webfact said:

Minister of Justice Deputy Prime Minister Wissanu confirmed that Thaksin suffered a hypertensive crisis with dangerously elevated blood pressure levels.

yet that Saturday:

A physician who serves as the Chief Medical Officer at the Police Hospital, has shared insights following his assessment of the health condition of former Prime Minister Thaksin Shinawatra.

Notably, Thaksin's blood pressure has maintained stability

but then again, Wissanu is the Loophole Minister not for nothing

aaand Pheu Thai has taken a popularity plunge and an ailing Thaksin could provide a sympathy stopgap...

How very convenient that this should happen when he has been in the country for less than 24 hours how would another prisoner been treated would they to have been airlifted by helicopter to a luxury suite in the police hospital I’m asking for a friend who is currently a guest in the Koh Samui prison 

Edited by crazykopite
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

So basically the man is too sensitive to be in prison.  He got upset on his first day inside and was rushed out as he could not cope. 

I would think most people would have high blood pressure and feel stressed on their first day in prison.  It's not some happy relaxing holiday resort.  

Oh please. Hypertension is easily dealt with by easily-available pills. After all these years he's suddenly discovered he's got high blood pressure?

He's only been back a few days and we're seeing a surreal levels of manipulative BS already.

• Thumbs Up 2

6 hours ago, Artisi said:

Of course he should receive the best medical care equivalent to the high standard enjoyed by all prisoners.

Yea ,and put him back in the cage with the regular inmates ,same sleeping on the floor and eating prison swill ,no aircon , Happy days.  

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, digger70 said:

Yea ,and put him back in the cage with the regular inmates ,same sleeping on the floor and eating prison swill ,no aircon , Happy days.  

That's what should happen but we all know that wasn't the plan ????

1 minute ago, Artisi said:

That's what should happen but we all know that wasn't the plan ????

Yea we know that , the hypertension problem could be brought on from stress .

He would be stressed not knowing for 100% sure what's going to happen.

5 hours ago, nobodysfriend said:

A doctor's opinion is easily bought .

55 , Sure , that is what they want , but won't get , I hope ....

Mr Thaksin’s status ? He is a prisoner in the moment . He was convicted for what he did , fled , and arrested at his return .

170 systolic is a little elevated , many people have this . No reason to panic .

170 Systolic whilst resting according to my Microlife BP tester is in the high range and it is suggested that the person concerned sees a doctor fairly quickly.

This should have been picked a while ago if Thaksin or his doctor was monitoring Thaksin's BP on a daily basis.

At least if this is true, Thaksin is in hospital where doctors are on call and medicines are quickly available.

https://www.healthcentral.com/article/blood-pressure-high-hypertension

"Very High Range - Stage 2 Hypertension
Systolic (top) blood pressure 160 mm Hg or high
Diastolic (bottom) blood pressure 100 mm Hg or higher
If in this range you have hypertension (high blood pressure)."

A blood pressure of 170/100 falls into the very high range. You should definitely follow up with your doctor about your blood pressure to see what kind of medication and lifestyle changes you can use to lower it. Untreated high blood pressure can greatly increase a person's risk of having a stroke and other health problems.

https://www.fda.gov/drugs/special-features/high-blood-pressure-understanding-silent-killer

Normal pressure is 120/80 or lower. Your blood pressure is considered high (stage 1) if it reads 130/80. Stage 2 high blood pressure is 140/90 or higher. If you get a blood pressure reading of 180/110 or higher more than once, seek medical treatment right away. A reading this high is considered “hypertensive crisis.”

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, billd766 said:

170 Systolic whilst resting according to my Microlife BP tester is in the high range and it is suggested that the person concerned sees a doctor fairly quickly.

This should have been picked a while ago if Thaksin or his doctor was monitoring Thaksin's BP on a daily basis.

At least if this is true, Thaksin is in hospital where doctors are on call and medicines are quickly available.

https://www.healthcentral.com/article/blood-pressure-high-hypertension

"Very High Range - Stage 2 Hypertension
Systolic (top) blood pressure 160 mm Hg or high
Diastolic (bottom) blood pressure 100 mm Hg or higher
If in this range you have hypertension (high blood pressure)."

A blood pressure of 170/100 falls into the very high range. You should definitely follow up with your doctor about your blood pressure to see what kind of medication and lifestyle changes you can use to lower it. Untreated high blood pressure can greatly increase a person's risk of having a stroke and other health problems.

https://www.fda.gov/drugs/special-features/high-blood-pressure-understanding-silent-killer

Normal pressure is 120/80 or lower. Your blood pressure is considered high (stage 1) if it reads 130/80. Stage 2 high blood pressure is 140/90 or higher. If you get a blood pressure reading of 180/110 or higher more than once, seek medical treatment right away. A reading this high is considered “hypertensive crisis.”

Seems as many posters don't know this.  I do.  Through medication I have been able to keep my readings below 120/80.  However, it did go over 165/100 during one emergency room visit.

Judging from my own personal experience I would say the report of Thaksin's "hypertensive crisis seems quite plausible.

Edited by Hawaiian
correct spelling
  • Thumbs Up 1