High hopes: Public Health Minister plants seeds for ongoing medical cannabis policy success

webfact

45 minutes ago, kimamey said:

You were suggesting that the previous poster, who thought that 95% of 'potheads' weren't using it for medical purposes hadn't checked that. I was just pointing out that neither had you. They didn't claim that as a fact, it was just what they thought.

Are you suggesting my post was just to make myself seem superior, or amaze you? If you are then you're incorrect. I don't need to. Feel superior that is.

I know there are some medical benefits and in the UK some years ago they started testing it to see if it could help with the symptoms of MS which my first wife had. Unfortunately it was too late for her.

I'm unbiased as I don't use cannabis so it makes no difference how easy or difficult it is to get. If a cannabis user has a detrimental effect on me then that would be different. I did read a lot about cannabis research after I was sent a post on Facebook a few years ago. It claimed that cannabis oil could cure all cancers with no side affects. This seemed unlikely to me and the suggestion that this could be backed up by Googling "cannabis oil cures cancer" made me realise this wasn't someone with a very scientific mind. I tried instead "does cannabis oil cure cancer". It seems there had, at that time been several studies that showed that cannabis oil did in fact have some beneficial affects on some cancers. Not all cancers and not without side affects. However there were other studies that showed the exact opposite. At the time the theory was, and as far as I know still is, that it depends on the type of cancer, the cannabis, THC, CBD, or both and the delivery method.

I also saw some links to "10 websites that prove cannabis cures cancer". I must have had nothing much to do as I read each website in its entirety. None said that cannabis cures cancer. I can only assume that cannabis has a detrimental affect on reading skills. All apart from one were tests on animals and all showed some positive results but the authors suggested that further research was needed and in particular on humans.

One site mentioned a study that I'd already seen. This was on humans with a specific type of cancer and delivery method. From memory it was injected directly into the brain, so not something you could do yourself and definitely not outside a shop in Pattaya. That answers those who think it's big pharma who want to stop cannabis sales to the public as they can't make money out of it. They seem to sell saline solution pretty well, due to the delivery method This was a small group and on a not very common type of cancer so again more research was suggested.

That's only cancer and there are other uses of course. Having said that if I saw 10 people smoking weed and I had to decide how many were doing it for medical purposes I probably wouldn't put it very high and I wouldn't be surprised if it was none.

you must be dreaming if you think i am reading that blob XD

the 95% stat was posted by some prohibitionist, most likely drinking a Chang and hating on cannabis smokers. 

you wasted your time on that reply XD

#

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, RandolphGB said:

Sukhumvit Road looks so much better with all the fold-up tables and hand painted food carts selling cannabis, not to mention the gaudy neon-lit shops with cringe-worthy names controlled by money-laundering drug-pushing boiler-room scamming, gogo bar barrow boys from Britain. 

"Ooh! Geroff me barra"

3 hours ago, Irish star said:

I have severe insomnia,Ganja Medical  clinic was more interested in my insomnia than my heart attack , the big one near Don Muang 

You had a big heart attack near Don Meung?

4 hours ago, RandolphGB said:

Sukhumvit Road looks so much better with all the fold-up tables and hand painted food carts selling cannabis, not to mention the gaudy neon-lit shops with cringe-worthy names controlled by money-laundering drug-pushing boiler-room scamming, gogo bar barrow boys from Britain. 

"Ooh! Geroff me barra"

5 hours ago, Tom H said:

I think 95% of the pot heads use it for fun and not medical reasons.

Wrong?

Anyone serious about using Cannabis for medical reasons would actually avoid smoking it as it contains THC and would instead take the CBD tablets. This is the bottom line about medical use of Cannabis. 

• Confused 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Tropicalevo said:

A very strange insult.

'Boomers' were smoking ganja before you were probably born. I suggest that you look up 1960/1970's news reels.

It was quite popular during the Vietnam war.

And many were using centuries before boomers, what's yer point? 

• Confused 1
  • Haha 2

4 hours ago, JustinCredible said:

Make it a Prescription Only drug and ONLY Private Hospitals can dispense it, at 10 times the current cost.

Why 10 times the cost? It's already quite expensive. Medicinal ganja in Melbourne Australia is about $10 (115 baht) a gram. Why would anyone expect to a hospital in Thailand to charge 10 times the current prices.

6 hours ago, Irish star said:

So give up on the ganja statement , what’s your beef with ganja , ya really showing your dinosaur years boomer 

I am sorry , have I offended your pot head ways? Maybe it should be sold in every 7-11 because it’s just so helpful ????

I would even ban paracetamol in all forms and have weed instead, would that make you happy?

Edited by BestB
  • Confused 2

8 hours ago, Mavideol said:

will this clown keep the same position with new government.... tired of seeing his face

This "Clown" is one of the smartest people in Thai politics.

He has numerous business interests that are covered briefly here:

https://www.bangkokpost.com/thailand/politics/451056

He managed to legalise weed in a country that used to lock people up for smoking joint, which hurt nobody.

He bought a classic car off an English friend of mine here in Thailand and was polite, friendly and engaging at all times (when in reality he could have just taken through other means it if he wanted).

He is now the Interior minister of Thailand, the second most powerful in the government.

What exactly have you achieved recently, that makes you so tired of seeing Anutin's face?

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, tomster said:

This "Clown" is one of the smartest people in Thai politics.

He has numerous business interests that are covered briefly here:

https://www.bangkokpost.com/thailand/politics/451056

He managed to legalise weed in a country that used to lock people up for smoking joint, which hurt nobody.

He bought a classic car off an English friend of mine here in Thailand and was polite, friendly and engaging at all times (when in reality he could have just taken through other means it if he wanted).

He is now the Interior minister of Thailand, the second most powerful in the government.

What exactly have you achieved recently, that makes you so tired of seeing Anutin's face?

Well said, a successful, wealthy businessman, who moved into politics and has earned himself a seat near the head of the top table again, no mean achievement, esp considering the outcome of the election.   it's quite obvious he's neither a clown or a fool, 

I would also bet that those who, irrationally, get their panties wedged up their a$$ over Anutin are the same people who start wetting the bed at the mention of cannabis

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

14 hours ago, BestB said:

I never realised there were so many sick people requiring weed shop every 50-100 meters in each direction. Have higher chance to see weed shop before you see 7-11. 
it’s a good thing all the sick people have a “clinic “ readily available on every corner ????

I heard from my Esan friend that pot fields were flourishing all over countryside just b4 it was legalised 

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Irish star said:

More places for alcoholics everywhere 

Think there's more Pot Shops about now be it they don't have customers.

All brought on by a government official that had been charged in Australia for drug offences.

• Confused 2

12 hours ago, Bday Prang said:

Pretty much nailed it, apparently according to "experts" their vocal disdain for cannabis and its users is their way of dealing with their own actual addiction to alcohol, A kind of coping mechanism, its a way of them convincing themselves that they are in someway superior because its just beer and not "drugs" they are in denial and its very complicated.   Its also hilarious watching them panic on here before a "dry" day  with often some smugly posting  that they have stocked up, often with ridiculous amounts. 

And they know weeks ahead of time and panic on the day of

• Haha 2

15 hours ago, Bday Prang said:

Pretty much nailed it, apparently according to "experts" their vocal disdain for cannabis and its users is their way of dealing with their own actual addiction to alcohol, A kind of coping mechanism, its a way of them convincing themselves that they are in someway superior because its just beer and not "drugs" they are in denial and its very complicated.   Its also hilarious watching them panic on here before a "dry" day  with often some smugly posting  that they have stocked up, often with ridiculous amounts. 

I have the same feeling. Pothead haters seem to be often alcohol drinkers. 

• Haha 1