Buddhist temple warns good people can go to hell for using life support

webfact

3 hours ago, webfact said:

“Doing good deeds can lead to hell.”

"The King of Buddhist Hell is Enma, who is also the judge of the afterlife."

Talk about a rigged system. Fits perfectly into Thai culture.

Edited by Srikcir
msp

45 minutes ago, fondue zoo said:

quick, pull the plug on Grandma before she goes down down down.

Go back to contemplating your navel lint and stop trying to instil fear in others.

I remember a friend of mine who's daughter became quite introverted, she finally, got out of her the reason why, at school she had been told to Fear god, Her Mum went storming to the school and in no uncertain terms, told that teacher, she had brought her daughter up to love god, oh she was really pished off.

1 hour ago, Gottfrid said:

Before they go out and try to teach others what to do, it would be a good thing to look inside their own house. A place where we can find criminals hiding, narcotics being used, mentally ill people that goes by the name 100 million as well as booze drinking parties. Besides that, we have cases of sex in short time hotels as well as pedophilia and abuse of minors.

Yes, Yes,  That's enough about government officials.

What about the monks.

Edited by quake

This is likely unbelievable nonsense, and a total misinterpretation of Buddhism. Such drivel. Coming from monks who have a dire lack of wisdom. I am not demeaning Buddhism. Just those who interpret it poorly, do not spend hours a day in meditation and contemplation, and are in positions of authority, where they command respect, without earning it.

I checkout out the Mahakammavibhanga Sutta the monk was referring to. Nowhere in there, did I see any mention of their interpretation of this teaching. However, it does mention on a dozen occasions the inherent evil of eating meat, by killing other living beings. This is an essential part of that teaching. Are these guys following that diving law?

15. (i) "Now, Ananda, there is the person who has killed living beings here... has had wrong view. And on the dissolution of the body, after death, he reappears in the states of deprivation, in an unhappy destination, in perdition, in hell.[7] But (perhaps) the evil kamma producing his suffering was done by him earlier, or the evil kamma producing his suffering was done by him later, or wrong view was undertaken and completed by him at the time of his death.[8] And that was why, on the dissolution of the body, after death, he reappeared in the states of deprivation, in an unhappy destination, in perdition, in hell. But since he has killed living beings here... has had wrong view, he will feel the result of that here and now, or in his next rebirth, or in some subsequent existence.

11 hours ago, rwill said:

There is no hell in true buddhism.  Or perhaps you could say this existence is hell.  One of the main tenants of buddhism is "life is suffering".  The main goal is too stop being reborn and become one with the universe, in other words lose your identity as an individual.

For some, being born in to this world is like being in he'll, and if that means being reborn in the something lesser fortunate,,,, ,,,,,, going to hell