Is it illegal to leave the house without wearing underpants in Thailand?

bob smith

8 minutes ago, bob smith said:

A friend of mine said he was questioned on the street about his underwear the other day by people claiming to be police officers. 

he was asked if he was wearing any, to which he replied yes of course he was.

apparently they were 3 plain clothes officers on the hunt for foreigners not wearing any underwear. 

what is the law regarding this? Is it illegal to leave the house without wearing your boxers or briefs? 

Which part of Thailand was this?

BTW were your friends exhibiting anything unusual in public?

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, ravip said:

Which part of Thailand was this?

BTW were your friends exhibiting anything unusual in public?

I think he was intoxicated at the time. I have no idea where it was. He’s a bit of a loon ball this fella. I don’t know him that well but he has been known to exaggerate a bit when drunk! 

Edited by bob smith
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Long, long ago a group of us were on a beach in Phuket with our "rentals" from the previous evening when I had an "escape"! (cut-off jeans were a little too short)

All that happened was a load of giggles from the girls and an interrogation of my "friend" ("Fish" from the Star Bar on Bangla Road IIRC") as to whether it worked as well as it looked! Confirmation was given :whistling:

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, bob smith said:

I think he was intoxicated at the time. I have no idea where it was. He’s a bit of a loon ball this fella. I don’t know him that well but he has been known to exaggerate a bit when drunk! 

Give us a name, Bob!

I used to do soccer classes. One of my coaches did a sit down group on the grass one day where we sit on the ground. He had on some loose shorts. The kind like an under armour type material but very short like boxers. His snake was hanging out to put it bluntly.

i realized much later, but not at the time, that it was probably not a mistake, but intentional. If anything, being much older, a dead giveaway would be realized through the giggles and laughter by various members of the group.

2 minutes ago, JimTripper said:

I used to do soccer classes. One of my coaches did a sit down group on the grass one day where we sit on the ground. He had on some loose shorts. The kind like an under armour type material but very short like boxers. His snake was hanging out to put it bluntly.

i realized much later, but not at the time, that it was probably not a mistake, but intentional. If anything, being much older, a dead giveaway would be realized through the giggles and laughter by various members of the group.

The 'carrot sack' as we used to say.????????

When you reach a certain age it's advisable to wear underpants or long shorts. I remember Bull<deleted> Bob, sadly passed away ten years ago plus. He used to sit on his favourite barstool in Pattaya with his back to the road/audience, with his family jewels dangling for everyone to see. It brings to mind the joke of a man in a bar going to the bloke on the piano and saying, "Hey mate. Do you know your balls a hanging out?" to which he replied, "No, but if you sing it, I'll follow you." The old uns are the best.????

4 minutes ago, retarius said:

MY hat off to you Bob, you always bring up the most interesting topics. Maybe it's the sobriety, or is sobriety a thing of the past?

im glad you appreciate my true stories, mate.

sobriety isn't ongoing. 

in fact im thinking about getting hammered this afternoon.