How do I get a list of deaths

georgegeorgia

1 hour ago, georgegeorgia said:

Anyone know the approximate farang road deaths in Pattaya per year

Yes, relatives and associates of ALL the victims! Go ask them! ???? ????

Edited by 2baht
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, sirineou said:

I think it's a great idea. It can also have emojis like this forum.

It can have a Sad Emoji. (Ohhh) and a Laughing  Emoji.(555) Fist pump emoji.  (Yesss)

A morons emoji (confused)!

• Confused 1

18 minutes ago, Henryford said:

I guess it would be interesting to know the number of farang deaths in Thailand. Especially in relation to motorcycle deaths. How dangerous really is it, and are the deaths more young or old riders.

Yes ,I'm thinking places like Phuket,Samui etc would have the highest rate of young farang deaths 

15 minutes ago, georgegeorgia said:
50 minutes ago, OneMoreFarang said:

About 50 people, mostly Thais, die in road accidents every day in Thailand.

Are you saying a day?

Yep....

"Thailand’s roads are the deadliest in Southeast Asia and among the worst in the world, according to the World Health Organisation. About 20,000 people die in road accidents each year, or about 56 deaths a day."

https://tdri.or.th/en/2020/11/road-accidents-biggest-health-crisis/

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Yeah rightio said:

Yep....

"Thailand’s roads are the deadliest in Southeast Asia and among the worst in the world, according to the World Health Organisation. About 20,000 people die in road accidents each year, or about 56 deaths a day."

https://tdri.or.th/en/2020/11/road-accidents-biggest-health-crisis/

So far 56 deaths a day is an acceptable level to those in charge... 

• Like 2

I know of at least 10 non Thai  nationals deaths "at the scene" road deaths that never made slow news day headlines .

Who is to know publicly how many also succumb to injuries in hospitals. I would consider privacy issues as a limiting factor in morbid fascination about total number of "farang " deaths from all causes. Possibly in several hundreds but do we need or deserve to know?

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

5 minutes ago, Skipalongcassidy said:

So far 56 deaths a day is an acceptable level to those in charge... 

That level could probably be lowered by introducing fatal gunshots to transgressors of existing law and  road rules ? No doubt a few "farang" trophies in that lineup !

(sarcasm alert )

3 hours ago, georgegeorgia said:

Lately I have had a fascination with  farang  with road accident deaths in Pattaya .

I'm thinking getting someone to do a website for me where I can list the names and country of birth and date etc

I'm thinking this format 

Name & age,what country they were from, how they were killed , date of death and maybe a face pic to go with it or even pics of the accident 

And doing year by year ,like starting 2024 year etc and tally up the amount of farangs killed 

I heard a young  Russian was killed last week in Pattaya 

Does anyone remember accidents that have stuck in your mind ?

Ask @richard_smith237

25 minutes ago, georgegeorgia said:

2022, the Thai RSC recorded 551 foreign deaths on Thailand’s roads. A further 7,912 foreigners were injured

Absolutely shocking !

551 farangs were killed in 2022

that can fill up a whole stadium 

Does that number include immigrant workers, Burmese etc?

16 minutes ago, roo860 said:

Does that number include immigrant workers, Burmese etc?

Yes... and a fast majority is Burmese (at least if look at this year statistics.

This year the Russian are Number 1 non-Thai Neighbour country.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

2022, the Thai RSC recorded 551 foreign deaths on Thailand’s roads. A further 7,912 foreigners were injured

Absolutely shocking !

Where does that link you provided show 551 farangs died in 2022?

What it does show is 80% of road deaths are motorcycle, 76% of deaths are male and 82% are under 60. So simple, don't ride bikes and become a female over 60, problem solved ????

Edited by Pattaya57
  • Haha 1

15 minutes ago, HampiK said:

Yes... and a fast majority is Burmese (at least if look at this year statistics.

This year the Russian are Number 1 non-Thai Neighbour country.

Hopefully the Russians can improve their score! 

• Haha 1

28 minutes ago, itsari said:

The numbers should be shown to incoming tourists and every immigration office for there evaluation of risk . 

In my opinion the numbers killed on the roads are not displayed to the world well enough .

That has nothing to do with being morbid . 

Totally agree! There seems to be fewer photographs on Facebook recently taken by 'First Responders' showing the result of road accidents (usually involving moto's). Strangely, a friend in UK asked me not to repost these as they were upsetting him. He is a motorcycle fan himself, owning and riding several machines including a Ducati. 

• Thanks 1

Absolutely shocking !

Farang means Western white people, not "foreigner" although with constant misuse it seems to be morphing into the latter definition.

• Like 1

Most of the farang deaths site was just a rehash of articles in the news. They just put all the stories together and specialized in that one topic. That site has been down for years.

You could call your site the “Pattaya flying club” or just the “flying club”.

Edited by JimTripper
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, itsari said:

The numbers should be shown to incoming tourists and every immigration office for there evaluation of risk . 

In my opinion the numbers killed on the roads are not displayed to the world well enough .

That has nothing to do with being morbid . 

If  for Thailand then why not so for every country ?

I am not defending  or denying that Thailand has a shocking record for road deaths but nor is it actually the worst by percent of population.

• Like 1