ISRAEL IS AT WAR !

Social Media

16 minutes ago, BarraMarra said:

I posted a Video showing the aftermath of what Hamas did after they murdered civvies and the barbarism they committed in a kibbutz they Entered. Not one of the Hamas supporters on here condemned it or posted on it, which shows the mindset of these members. On a side note, The home Secretary Suela Braverman has been asked by the Met Police Commissionaire why Demonstrators shouting Jihad on the streets of London were not arrested for incitement and shouting Racist chants.

Wrong way round buddy. Braverman asked the Met Chief why they were not arrested, and has demanded an explanation from him 

• Thumbs Up 2

Just now, Eloquent pilgrim said:

Wrong way round buddy. Braverman asked the Met Chief why they were not arrested, and has demanded an explanation from him 

I thought that was the question I asked Eloquent. last week it was announced anyone protesting and using anti-Israeli slogans would be arrested. 

A post from an unapproved source has been removed, please see our Community Standards

This notice is pinned at the top of this forum:

The War in Israel

Latest developments and discussion of events in the Israel-Hamas War. Any alleged factual claims must be supported by a valid link to an approved credible source.

Also please take note of the following forum rule:

18. Social media content is acceptable in most forums. However in factual areas such as but not limited to news, current affairs and health topics, social media cannot be used unless it is from a credible news media source or a government agency, and must include a link to the original source.

• Thanks 1

On 10/21/2023 at 4:59 PM, Bkk Brian said:

Did you also note that Iran was not on the list? They are Hamas's puppet masters and key decision makers as to how this plays out. The meeting is taking place now in Cairo with them trying to set out a road map with no key decision makers there.

Yes, Iran was not an attendee.  Not sure saudi arabia was either.  US sent top embassy official, but he did not speak.

As you say, the main military forces and funders  not attending.  Up to them.

If you're interested here's UN's press release of outcome.

https://news.un.org/en/story/2023/10/1142642

Mr Guterres speech seemed statesman like to me.  

Not sure what effect it will have ofcourse.

35 minutes ago, deejai33 said:

Yes, Iran was not an attendee.  Not sure saudi arabia was either.  US sent top embassy official, but he did not speak.

As you say, the main military forces and funders  not attending.  Up to them.

If you're interested here's UN's press release of outcome.

https://news.un.org/en/story/2023/10/1142642

Mr Guterres speech seemed statesman like to me.  

Not sure what effect it will have ofcourse.

I think that Antonio Guterres is as good a Secretary General as the UN has had for many years. The problem is that the UN is a busted flush, a well intended relic that has become a pointless organisation. The UN Security Council comprises of 15 countries, 10 of which are rotating members, with 5 permanent members. Any of the five permanent members, the USA, Russia, France, China, and the UK, can veto any resolution put forward even if the other 14 members support it.

I’m sure you can see the problem; in the last couple of years, Russia has vetoed 4 resolutions regarding Ukraine, and China vetos any resolution regarding their illegal expansionism in the South China sea.

Statesman like speeches on the Israeli - Gaza war, fade like shadows into the night.

On 10/20/2023 at 2:21 AM, MrMojoRisin said:

Did the New York Times retract their mistake and offer an apology?

You have once again, unsurprisingly, either completely failed to comprehend simple English or you have deliberately misrepresented what I have stated.

I have been very clear that there is not, at the moment, enough evidence for either side to definitively prove that the other side is the guilty party and therefore, anyone who values the truth and facts over partisanship and point scoring would acknowledge this reality and reserve their opinion until sufficient reputable evidence is provided.

Please provided proof that I have stated that I am sure the hospital has been bombed or withdraw your false claims and apologise.

"Did the New York Times retract their mistake and offer an apology?"

Editors’ Note: Gaza Hospital Coverage

https://www.nytimes.com/2023/10/23/pageoneplus/editors-note-gaza-hospital-coverage.html

2 hours ago, Morch said:

Turkey Requests Hamas Leader to Leave: A Shift in Diplomacy Amid Rising Tensions

https://www.msn.com/en-xl/news/other/turkey-requests-hamas-leader-to-leave-a-shift-in-diplomacy-amid-rising-tensions/ar-AA1iHaeb

Eying Gaza mediator role, Turkey cools Hamas ties, Erdogan restrains rhetoric

https://www.al-monitor.com/originals/2023/10/eying-gaza-mediator-role-turkey-cools-hamas-ties-erdogan-restrains-rhetoric

Muslim world solidarity....Wonder what @thaibeachlovers would make of that.

We should leave the Neo Nazis with their lefty loon antiamericanism/antisemitism/antiwest aside in this discussion and start looking at the geopolitical aspects, viz:

1. Iran stands in the way of Pan-Turkism

2. Israel is worth more to Turkey than Hamas

3. Israel is a strong ally of Azerbaijan

4. Azerbaijan is a Turkic nation, secular Muslim too.

5. 35% (I think) of Iran is Azeri.

6. Both Turkey and Azerbaijan have Nato aspirations

Whatever Turkey does will be with the foregoing in mind.

• Confused 1

7 minutes ago, rabas said:

Watch BBC reporter get schooled by a real international lawyer & expert on laws of war. Choice moments include Israel's rights what ever it takes, and utterly morally repugnant accusations of collective punishment that are even liable. 

International law 1, BBC 0, Hamas -10 (Thorgal scoreless)

Is bombing churches one of their obligations? 

Do you agree this is a war crime? 

Saw a very sad video of one man whose 3 children were killed here. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

7 minutes ago, Yellowtail said:

Was the church attempting to commit genocide? 

Not a crime if Palestine was firing rockets from the church. 

De you see the very sad videos of the Palestinians attacks on Israel? Do you agree those were war crimes? Do you agree firing rockets from churches and other residential areas are war crimes? 

There are no tickets fired from the church. 

The terrorist attack was not a war crime. 

Firing  rockets from residential areas probably is a war crime. 

• Confused 1

12 minutes ago, Yellowtail said:

Was the church attempting to commit genocide? 

Not a crime if Palestine was firing rockets from the church. 

De you see the very sad videos of the Palestinians attacks on Israel? Do you agree those were war crimes? Do you agree firing rockets from churches and other residential areas are war crimes? 

Do you agree with this report? 

https://reliefweb.int/report/occupied-palestinian-territory/damning-evidence-war-crimes-israeli-attacks-wipe-out-entire-families-gaza-enar

• Sad 1

1 minute ago, Neeranam said:

There are no tickets fired from the church. 

But there (apparently) were rockets being fired from next to the church, 

The terrorist attack was not a war crime. 

No, it was much worse. 

Firing  rockets from residential areas probably is a war crime. 

So, Palestine is guilty of war crimes, yes?

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1