ISRAEL IS AT WAR !

Social Media

2 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

You're tripping.

A two stqte solution is even more remote now.

Netanyahu is toast, but there is zero chance that Israel will elect a dovish government probably for generations.

What I would like to happen is obviously very far removed from what will actually happen.

Netanyahu is toast? 

Maybe.

Maybe not.

Nothing like a war to increase the conservative vote.

All demagogues know this.

It worked a treat for Ariel Sharon.

1 minute ago, Eloquent pilgrim said:

Ha ha ha ha … did you not understand that he said; hundreds of Hamas affiliated accounts ….. so that would be all those Hamas apologist bozos on here repeating things as fact ….. ha ha ha, classic foot shooting, brilliant.

No I understood exactly what has been removed.

I read the Bangkok Post article mentioned.

Disinformation, from all sources, is harmful.

The truth is more important than point scoring.

Best you check your own foot for a bullet hole.

• Thumbs Up 1

3 minutes ago, MrMojoRisin said:

What I would like to happen is obviously very far removed from what will actually happen.

Netanyahu is toast? 

Maybe.

Maybe not.

Nothing like a war to increase the conservative vote.

All demagogues know this.

It worked a treat for Ariel Sharon.

Sharon was removed from office (as defense minister) after the war with Lebanon in 1982 (of which he was a major instigator).

3 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

You don't get it. His previous supporters hate him now for FAILING to protect Israel. It's a war time unity government now but after Israel crushes Hamas, Netanyahu will be shown the door and you can bet the house the new leadership will not be peaceniks. It's like you're living in an alternative reality and fail to grasp what happened. 

Time will tell.

Some things change, some remain the same.

I am quite fond of Lenin's quote:

"There are decades where nothing happens and there are weeks where decades happen"

• Love It 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, MrMojoRisin said:

No I understood exactly what has been removed.

I read the Bangkok Post article mentioned.

Disinformation, from all sources, is harmful.

The truth is more important than point scoring.

Best you check your own foot for a bullet hole.

Shot with your own gun, and now consumed by embarrassment  .... time to put the shovel down.

• Thumbs Up 2

6 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

You don't get it. His previous supporters hate him now for FAILING to protect Israel. It's a war time unity government now but after Israel crushes Hamas, Netanyahu will be shown the door and you can bet the house the new leadership will not be peaceniks. It's like you're living in an alternative reality and fail to grasp what happened. 

You're underestimating Netanyahu's cult status among his supporters. His social media apparatus, the so-called 'poison machine' is in full gear since this started (even before he addressed the nation). So far they manage to blame pretty much everyone but him. If you think misinformation on here is an issue, that what's going on there is a deluge.

Even if he losses votes and support, there's still a solid base who'll vote for him no matter what. Sounds familiar, eh?

And even when he loses votes, these split between centrist and right wing parties. For potential coalition partners, a weak Netanyahu is a good Netanyahu, more open to political extortion and pressures.

One could wish this moment of crisis would serve to put Israel on a better road, but as with many things, it's a matter of timing and proper leadership. Skeptical regarding prospects, hoping to be proved wrong.

I'm wondering how long this post will go on. Maybe until things calm down in Israel. Which could be years or a month. One thing is certain. Many here, including yours truly, don't really know what is happening there besides what the media is telling us. My ex's brother is working there but luckily he wasn't that close to the fighting. People are arguing about the mutilation of babies when we hear it's happening by the media. It really doesn't matter how the children were killed but that they WERE killed, innocents, along with their mom's and dad's and relatives. Beheading is a terrorist act, and a sadists. No place for those kinds on earth. This is about politics, money, religion and other things to be sure, but unless we are there knowing all the facts, we can only assume who's doing what for why. Killing civilians is never warranted, and that needs to be stopped using whatever force is necessary, and killing civilians on the other side will happen, as it does in all wars and conflicts.

• Confused 1

4 minutes ago, Eloquent pilgrim said:

Shot with your own gun, and now consumed by embarrassment  .... time to put the shovel down.

It appears there is no limit to your inability to read and comprehend.

It is a good thing that Twitter has removed Hamas accounts that post disinformation.

Elon made a big mistake by reducing the headcount of the moderation team and selling blue ticks for 8 bucks a piece.

Look at how quickly and easily you guys jumped on the 40 beheaded babies bandwagon without a second thought in regards to the validity of the claims.

Disinformation, from all sources is harmful and should be censored, the EU is to be applauded for forcing Elon to take action on his platform.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Herman_Cain_Award

• Sad 1
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, MrMojoRisin said:

It appears there is no limit to your inability to read and comprehend.

It is a good thing that Twitter has removed Hamas accounts that post disinformation.

Elon made a big mistake by reducing the headcount of the moderation team and selling blue ticks for 8 bucks a piece.

Look at how quickly and easily you guys jumped on the 40 beheaded babies bandwagon without a second thought in regards to the validity of the claims.

Disinformation, from all sources is harmful and should be censored, the EU is to be applauded for forcing Elon to take action on his platform.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Herman_Cain_Award

put the shovel down ... how many times do you need to be told ?

• Like 2

Just now, Eloquent pilgrim said:

Just when I thought the posting in this thread couldn’t get any more antisemitic  …… there you go, fixed your comment for you.

So what Israel has been doing to Palestine since 1946 is perfectly acceptable in your opinion?

• Like 1