Srettha condemns “inhumane attacks” on Israel

webfact

1 hour ago, djayz said:

What does he think of the Israeli occupation of Palestine or the abuse of Palestinians? 

Does he care to comment on that? 

Thailand rarely involves itself in this, unless there's wide international concatenation one way or the other. Then they join the chorus.

The exception is in cases where Thai citizens get hurt. This happens only in the instance of Hamas attacks. The West Bank and the Occupation do not figure much in this regard. Could be wrong, but I think there are no Thais working at the West Bank (or maybe not many), so the issue doesn't arise.

Older figures used to cite 20,000 Thais working in Israel. Guess it makes a difference vs. commenting on Ukraine etc.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, proton said:

Neither are true

So, only the Palestinians are committing crimes over there then? All the Israelis are squeaky clean are they? Nuff said Proton. 

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, proton said:

you are hardly likely to get anything but propaganda from them

Read the same on numerous other sites. Are they too pumping out propaganda? 

The only one I see here with an agenda is you

• Thumbs Up 1

14 minutes ago, djayz said:

So, only the Palestinians are committing crimes over there then? All the Israelis are squeaky clean are they? Nuff said Proton. 

If the Arabs had accepted a reasonable and fair two state solution in 1947 and since, there would be no crimes on either side. Unfortunately their religious hate has prevented them from doing that.

5 hours ago, ChrisY1 said:

Thamasat 1976....has the event ever been condemned by any government?

I was on Leave in Bangkok from Korea during that one, so many killed, not so many reported, A Thai Officer stole a Huey gunship from Lopari and strafed the streets of Bangkok to 'protect his majesty'  not much news about that.........I don't think anyone knows exactly how many were killed during that one............Peace

• Thumbs Up 1

6 hours ago, steven100 said:

he doesn't condemn Russian invading Ukraine and killing and raping women and children.

hmmm ....   must be because of a which side the bread is buttered thing ...    disgraceful  ....   but one would expect no less from this place

Well past history tells you Thai goverments have harbourd barbarins such as Pol Pot instead of condeming him they allowed him Sanctuary in Thailand.

• Thumbs Up 1

42 minutes ago, proton said:

If the Arabs had accepted a reasonable and fair two state solution in 1947 and since, there would be no crimes on either side. Unfortunately their religious hate has prevented them from doing that.

So where would all the Jewish people have lived that have been born, live today?

https://www.jewishvirtuallibrary.org/jewish-and-non-jewish-population-of-israel-palestine-1517-present

Year 1947

Jews 630,000 (core population)

Non-Jews 1.324,000

Total Population 1,970,000

% Jewish 32.0%

Roll forward to 2022.

Year 2022

Jews 7,101,400 (core population)

Non-Jews 2,560,000

Total Population 9.662,000

% Jewish 73.5%

In addition

The British mandate for Palestine, which began in 1922, ended prior to Israel’s declaration of independence on May 14, 1948. The Arab states invaded, and following the war, Palestine ceased to exist. The figures for 1948 are for the State of Israel. The figures prior to 1970 do not include the West Bank and East Jerusalem, the Gaza Strip, or the Golan Heights, which were occupied by Jordan, Egypt, and Syria, respectively. From 1970, the figures only include citizens of Israel and not Palestinians living in the disputed territories.

*As of September 14, 2023

To me, the last sentence is the telling important one. To me it means that to the Israelis don't even bother to count the Palestinians and treat then as "untermensch", or non people.

From 1970, the figures only include citizens of Israel and not Palestinians living in the disputed territories.

I did the bolding and underlining.

• Like 2