Why rich foreigners like me are spending much less in Thailand

Just now, Liverpool Lou said:

So you refuse to allow Lazada to make the refund that they're happy to do?!

I always feel honoured when I get a response from Captain Pedantic. Thank you ????????????.

I refuse to send a copy of my passport to Lazada, yes.

There is no justification in asking for it in the first place.

• Sad 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

11 minutes ago, 2baht said:
17 minutes ago, Liverpool Lou said:

He didn't buy it!  I was thinking about an even more expensive house purchase that I didn't buy, either!

How rich are you, Lou? ????

Maybe very rich or maybe rich in sarcasm.  I can buy from 7-11, though, whatever kind of rich I am!

• Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, JayClay said:

I always feel honoured when I get a response from Captain Pedantic. Thank you ????????????.

I refuse to send a copy of my passport to Lazada, yes.

There is no justification in asking for it in the first place.

There doesn't have to be justification for any rule in Thailand, other than it is the rule. Do you still need a passport to post a letter overseas, by the way?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Caldera said:

Having read about half of this drivel and regretting it, I'll go with "whatever".

So here we have the proud owner of a Mercedes who nevertheless uses taxis enough to feel its worth mentioning that he overtips taxi drivers. And someone who doesn't send his triple-paid maid to the 7/11 instead of worrying about TrueMoney.

Incoherent nonsense. 

Mercedes are, of course, used as mere taxis in Germany and elsewhere. I hope the Ihai hi-sos don't know that. Imagine the loss of face!

Just now, Bangkok Barry said:

There doesn't have to be justification for any rule in Thailand, other than it is the rule.

And I have my own personal rule of not sending sensitive documents via an insecure email channel to a company I don't trust.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, JayClay said:
5 minutes ago, Liverpool Lou said:

So you refuse to allow Lazada to make the refund that they're happy to do?!

I'm glad that you appreciate how honoured you are, I wouldn't normally stoop so low.

18 minutes ago, Bangkok Barry said:

Someone who claims to be so wealthy and who could therefore live anywhere in the word chooses to live in a lawless and corrupt-to-the-core country with generally poor infrastructure? Come on! I suppose though you could be both very rich and insane.

And hansum

10 minutes ago, fredwiggy said:
15 minutes ago, Bangkok Barry said:

There doesn't have to be justification for any rule in Thailand, other than it is the rule. Do you still need a passport to post a letter overseas, by the way?

They always ask me when I do.

Wasn't long ago I wanted to post something to Kalasin and the girl in the Nana PO asked me what country it was in.

5 hours ago, JayClay said:

Unfortunately not necessarily true. I ordered a brand-name mouse in January. The official store immediately set the description of the product to "packed" so that I couldn't cancel. The product has yet to ship and Lazada refuse to refund me unless I send them a copy of my passport.

I had the opposite experience just 2 days ago..

Seller showed as packed for 2 days so i sent a direct message to the seller. "Why so slow?"

Received a quick response.. "out of stock"

I initiated a refund request. The refund was posted to my Lazada Wallet by the end of the day.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, RandomFarangDontAsk said:

Thailand I spend about 3m thb per year on living

this is chump money in bkk compared to what would be classed as rich here. 

no one will miss your drop in the ocean mr. high roller. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1