Dirty Feet & Flip Flops

JimTripper

1 minute ago, 2baht said:

Is it not the most useless piece of apparel ever invented, I don't trust people who wear black shoes and ties! Don't get me started with suits! ????

Retired football players working on tv were suits and ties sometimes. Why?

I agree suits and ties look stupid.

Just wear normal clothes.

• Sad 2
  • Thanks 1

Right now

Cargo Shorts, no shirt, no shoes.

Weekend out and about (not in Bangkok)

Cargo shorts, T (clean every day), no socks, sports sandals.

Weekday in the office

"Pilot" shirt (collar, short sleeve) or company polo, chinos, socks, sports sandals (site boots in the car).

I get terrible sweaty (and stinky) feet hence the sandals, closed shoes get nasty, fast!! And, of course, my feet get cleaned thoroughly at least twice a day (in the shower).

I do own a suit and I do still fit in it!! Very, very rarely worn. If the deputy director of SRT can wear a polo to a meeting ...

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

18 minutes ago, 2baht said:

Is it not the most useless piece of apparel ever invented

Well it wasn't so useless at the time it was invented, but it's amazing how long it's managed to stay around even after shirts got collar buttons.

I mean I know there's usually some kind of transition period when a new technology emerges, but it's starting to get a little silly now!

I hate them and think they are stinky, dangerous, noisy, and low class.  I know people over the years who have suffered some fairly serious injuries due to lack of proper foot cover.

I wonder if people wear them possibly because they cannot afford a decent pair of shoes or possibly never learned to tie shoelaces.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Isaan sailor said:

Agreed.  Although I must confess—more than once I’ve worn black socks with my black sandals and long pants,  Kinda looks like shoes…

I used to wear "matching coloured" socks with sandals instead of shoes when at work (teacher). Mind you I always wore proper shirts (double cuff, silk knots securing the cuffs, tie) instead of the garish "colour of the day" polo shirts. Maybe they left me alone because they thought I was weird?

• Thumbs Up 1

He is right about the feet. Most of the people I've seen here in Isaan wear pretty much the same kind of clothes ,unless they're going to temple or town, parties, weddings etc. Comfortable clothes just like most farangs wear, including me. Doesn't really matter because most are going to farm to work. If you look at the feet, and now you will because it's now been put into your mind, you will see many, many with foot damage, especially around the nails. This is of course because most wear open toe sandals and flip flops, and work in fields with not only mud, but sticks, rocks, and of course, water. I noticed this early on, that my ex, who is very pretty with a nice shape, had toes that looked like they were in a war. Her mom, brothers, sisters and most everyone else I saw in our village, and then in other places afterwards had the same kind of damage. After I saw her feet, it got me to look at others, just to see, and it confirmed it. Back home, most don't wear anything besides shoes, besides the women with their open toed shoes and heels, but they aren't working in fields. When you're with women, of course you will notice their feet, and although some had big, or long toes, or big feet, they weren't damaged. My ex's brother here, who has brain damage, walks everywhere looking for firewood for mom, because that's about all he can do due to a scooter accident where he hit his head, and his feet are as bad as I've ever seen. Almost no nails, and cuts everywhere. He uses sandals, but walks everywhere, meaning everywhere, looking for firewood. People do look at other's feet. This is why there are so many nice shoes out there. It's not a fetish, as it doesn't do anything for me. Just an observation, like all deer hunters have. (no, i don't look at the hooves of deer)

• Confused 1

42 minutes ago, bkk6060 said:

I hate them and think they are stinky, dangerous, noisy, and low class.  I know people over the years who have suffered some fairly serious injuries due to lack of proper foot cover.

I wonder if people wear them possibly because they cannot afford a decent pair of shoes or possibly never learned to tie shoelaces.

....or even for comfort! ????

• Thumbs Up 1