Felicia, 25, in a coma after accident on Samui - family struggling to bring her home

webfact

4 minutes ago, Taboo2 said:

Why do folks take long trip overseas and do no plan for medical emergencies?  

How many news reports like these will continue to show up  because of irresponsibility?

Especially knowing that motorcycle deaths and injuries here are off the charts, I won't ride on the street here without ATGATT, no exceptions!

34 minutes ago, Liverpool Lou said:

Probably because there was no suggestion that he was riding, the article only refers to her crossing the island and her skidding in the rain.

I was replying to another poster, it seemed to me that she was riding the bike, and another rider collided with her as she skidded across the road?

Edited by roo860
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, edwinchester said:

Reading the article, although it's badly written and not very clear, I think she was a passenger on the moped. Helmet is not mentioned at all.

Have you considered that this article was taken from a Swedish report and translated into the English language?

Lost in translation? 

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, roo860 said:

I was replying to another poster, it seemed to me that she was riding the bike, and another rider collided with her as she skidded across the road?

Later in the article:

"The person who drove Felicia has been questioned by the police and released without a report being drawn up. For a report, the family needs to do it themselves, but it is a last resort. They have contact with a lawyer on site and there may be a report if it is a way for them to get further help."

• Confused 1

Just now, Yellowtail said:

Later in the article:

"The person who drove Felicia has been questioned by the police and released without a report being drawn up. For a report, the family needs to do it themselves, but it is a last resort. They have contact with a lawyer on site and there may be a report if it is a way for them to get further help."

Yes I've seen that, but with the other slightly confusing translation, IMHO should it not read, 'the person that drove into Felicia'

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, roo860 said:

Yes I've seen that, but with the other slightly confusing translation, IMHO should it not read, 'the person that drove into Felicia'

There is not actual mention of a collision involving another vehicle.

It may mean any number of things, but clearly it is unclear. 

• Confused 2

16 minutes ago, lordgrinz said:

Sounds like he hit her while she was on the ground.

"At the same time, another moped driver came from behind and tried to overtake Felicia and her crashed moped. During the overtaking, Felicia received a violent blow to the head, a blow that caused a cerebral hemorrhage, swelling of the brain and fractures in both the back and head."

It sounds like he may have run her over, or that any number or other things may have happened. 

• Like 2